Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    This is sad. Would have won a G1 at some point in the future IMO, in all probability. RIP Sceptical.

• Options
    So gutting for everyone involved with him. Really sad.
    RIP Sceptical
  • Options
    rakhine state 17.50 stratford, trainer expecting a huge run, have a freind whos uncle is part of owners group that owns it, its around 8/1 ive stuck a score on it 
  • Options
    Just got 9/1 with bet365 
  • Options
    11s on the exchange, just jumped on
  • Options

That was the text I received - I know it’s carrying top weight and I always like to pass tips on if I get them. 

I had one the other week off him dismissed it and it was a beaten by a neck at 66/1 
  • Options
    12/1 now 
  • Options
    16/1 lol 
  • Options
    Massive drift. 22s on the exchange at post time.
  • Options
    Sweating heavily and pulling hard. Won't get home if it doesn't settle. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sweating like a blind lesbian in a fishmongers.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Ran from the front, went odds on round the final turn (1.55 BFEX lowest price in running) but got beat.
  • Options
    Went to 5/6 in running thought he had it. Should of done it e/w.

Cheers for the info anyway @palarsehater
  • Options
    Sorry chaps 
  • Options
    He Knows No Fear....

300/1 winner at Leopardstown today becomes the longest price winner in horse racing history.
  • Options
    Ebor on today. Very, very disappointed that ITV Racing decided to show National Anthem breaking down when highlighting Jawwaal's run at Ascot, rather than his more imposing race last time out.

Not sure who made that decision but it wasn't accompanied by any sort of warning nor followed by an apology. Very poor.
  • Options
    ghaiyyath ain't half some horse! 
  • Options
    Jamie Moore has suffered a broken back after a fall at Fontwell.
  • Options
    Jim Crowley on the winner of the first 3 races, Bataash in the next so basically 4/4 and then has good rides for the following 2 races.
  • Options
    My Junkanoo is running today at Goodwood 445pm - as usual I’m hopeful but I don’t like the fact he is now favourite at 2-1 but he should go on the ground - fingers crossed 
    price is too short though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Six fatalities at Southwell recently:

Elysian Prince, 30th July
    Croco Bay, 10th Aug
    Lost On You, 10th Aug 
    Booyakasha, 24th Aug
    Swarez, 24th Aug
    Avarchie, 24th Aug

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/aug/30/southwells-tight-jumps-track-may-be-adding-to-the-risk-for-fallers

Weird way to celebrate your Sunday evening. Freak 
  • Options
    Anna - the recent deaths at Southwell are bad and the racecourse and BHA are investigating - there maybe an issue with the ground or the obstacles but they will fix the problem 
  • Options
    Racing authorities will never get any credit from the morons and there will always be arguments (with the benefit of hindsight) when a gradualist approach doesn't yield the desired result and necessitates more drastic action but drastic action with immediate effect it is at Southwell.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/jumping-suspended-at-southwell-following-spate-of-equine-fatalities/449126

So while I completely accept there is blood on my hands as someone who loves horse racing, I've come to terms with it. I'm sure all of us have who contribute to this thread.

I am not quite sure if Anna_Kissed has grasped this, or feels he must post here rather than on a dedicated horse welfare/Race Horse Death Watch thread, because there are members of this forum who just pile on.

I'm cool with AK's views. They don't impact me and they don't impact my enjoyment of the sport. Fine. I am, however, a bit annoyed that there's no good place for AK to express their views and be ignored, because the discussion then comes onto this thread, and people get annoyed, and we go round in the same old circles, and nothing constructive happens.

I'd like there to be a separate thread. I'd mainly ignore it, of course, and I hope others would too.

Anyway - as for Southwell - there must be something wrong with the course's constitution and it is a great shame that it's taken a spate of fatalities for an investigation to occur. Hindsight is 20/20 of course and I welcome this as an action, and I hope that any shortcomings are revealed swiftly.
  • Options
    Spot on Peanuts.... As regards Southwell considering its a flat oval course it's distance make ups are one of the top in National Hunt racing which to me makes it a very stamina sapping course which is really surprising because of its configuration. I don't know if that is the cause for the current fatalities but I'm pleased they have stopped racing whilst they look into it. As it's certainly something that shouldn't be happening.