Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Anyone watching the racing at Newmarket? Feel like Oisin Murphy is the only jockey that realises with the tail wind, being out infront means you’re harder to catch. 
  • Options
    Anyone watching the racing at Newmarket? Feel like Oisin Murphy is the only jockey that realises with the tail wind, being out infront means you’re harder to catch. 
    Front running is certainly the way to go ! 
  • Options
    Anyone tipping for The Derby today?
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Anyone tipping for The Derby today?

Russian Emperor.
  • Options
    English king should win it
  • Options
    Worthily each way for me ........... but best ignore me. I'm just having withdrawl symptoms.
  • Options
    Pyledriver shouldn't be that long imo. Like Worthily each way as Gosden's only runner. Think Russian Emperor is most likely winner, closely followed by English King. 
  • Options
    English king win 
    pyledriver ew 
  • Options
    Paddy Power have £5 free bet for the 14.25.
  • Options
    English King.

Think Russian Emperor will struggle to get the distance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've also done Pyledriver ew although i thing English King is the horse to beat.
  • Options
    Will Kameko get the trip? 
  • Options
    English King
    Russian Emperor
  • Options
    Bugger me. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    How can they let him get that far ahead. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Utter disgrace from the jockeys. Complete mockery.
  • Options
    Bugger me. Unbelievable.
    Hahahahaha that was a totally bollocks Derby from everyone except Emmet McNamara
  • Options
    Tricast 55977.83
  • Options
    Tricast 55977.83

Absolutely gutted. Only had it for fiver.
  • Options
    Joke of a race! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good result for Tom Marquand who got bumped off English King (unfairly?) in favour of Frankie.

Marquand finishes second on 50/1 outsider. English King under Frankie finishes fifth.
  • Options
    Utter disgrace from the jockeys. Complete mockery.

That was my first thought, but seeing the crazy prices of the 1,2,3 makes you realize that the Derby going back to July had totally affected the normal pecking order of the classic.

Did the other Jockeys just think Serpentine was O'Brien's pacemaker and would die at 10 furlongs ? After winning at the Curragh over that distance, a newspaper tipster said Russian Emperor would surge pass the Serpentine over the last two furlongs.

I believe COVID-19 made for a smoke and mirrors Derby.
  • Options
    Enable beaten 
  • Options
    Superb win for Ghaiyyath in the Eclipse beating the brilliant Enable who had 10 group 1 wins on its CV.
    A Front running win again.
  • Options
    Enable beaten 
    Gosden was talking her down for ages before the race, so I'm not too surprised. That wasn't Enable's trip and to be honest I think connections will be happy enough with that reappearance when up against such a good front-runner like Ghaiyyath.

Hopefully she's 100% for the Arc when that comes round. If she can get that third win, that would be amazing.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Enable beaten 
    Gosden was talking her down for ages before the race, so I'm not too surprised. That wasn't Enable's trip and to be honest I think connections will be happy enough with that reappearance when up against such a good front-runner like Ghaiyyath.

Hopefully she's 100% for the Arc when that comes round. If she can get that third win, that would be amazing.
    whatever .. she's won over £10 Million, so if she drops dead tomorrow Abdullah and Gosden have had a wonder horse on their hands
  • Options
    Tomorrow, one thing that's caught my eye is Monarch of Egypt being entered over 1m4f in the Ballysax (5.30 Dundalk). He's a prohibitive 1/2 and actually is probably worth taking on (or at the very least worth reverse forecasting).

I'm assuming Coolmore are doing this to get an American Pharoah offspring in the Kentucky Derby? Because I'd have thought MoE would be far better served going down in trip.

Think Nobel Prize, his stablemate, is one to have a dart at in this race. A full brother to Highland Reel, he looked to have needed a run last time out and will likely appreciate a drop back in trip.

That said, Monarch of Egypt could blow them all away as he looks easily the best horse in the race, but a reverse forecast could make sense (MoE needs to win or finish second to overtake Royal Dornoch in the European Road to the Kentucky Derby).
  • Options
    .....reverse forecast with which other horse Paddy? Siamese?