Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red red robin! Soon to be ditched!

Comments

• Options
    Game of Thrones theme tune would be good to come out to. RIP Red Red Robin
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sacrilege, they can mess about with the kit, change the song or whatever but they can't take away the memories or change history. And on a solemn note many Addicks sadly no longer with us will have had this played at their funerals. KM take note and have a word with RD to stop the meddling with tradition please.
  • Options
    This is the survey! Leak a rumour. See how fans respond. React accordingly.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Had crossed my mind too.
  • Options
    some of the Charlton faithful that were there had the exact same reaction, she thought it was hilarious that we were all singing it to her :) she wont ever live this down, i was shocked that they could even consider this! very strange!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

some of the Charlton faithful that were there had the exact same reaction, she thought it was hilarious that we were all singing it to her :) she wont ever live this down, i was shocked that they could even consider this! very strange!

at least she asked the question
  • Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the players should run on the pitch to Kick Out The Jams by MC5.
  • Options
    I'm so angry at this 100% definitely true in no way made up at all rumour.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the players should run on the pitch to Kick Out The Jams by MC5.

The live version with the intro "Kick out the jams m************s"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Say goodbye to your feathered friend. Katrien has the red-breast in the sights of her twelve-bore.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Precisely. Got it in one. My own view is that its harmless if a little twee. But it would not do at the moment to get rid of one tradition too many. And RedChaser makes a valid point about traditions and history. It costs RD nothing to keep this.
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

The live version with the intro "Kick out the jams m************s"

It has to be that one. 'Let's welcome the two teams onto the pitch.' 'KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHER******S!!!!!!'

• Options
    Maybe we need a new version of RRR, by a modern beat combo like Arcade Fire?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    She wondered about it changing the song. People sung it back to her, case closed.

It won't be changed.
  • Options

She wondered about it changing the song. People sung it back to her, case closed.

It won't be changed.

the voice of 10 fans drunk singing it to her may have not changed her mind :)
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

It won't be changed.

the voice of 10 fans drunk singing it to her may have not changed her mind :)
    Ha ha - hi Katrien, how's it going?
  • Options
    Tell this to Katrien ...

• Options
    Publish the lyrics in the programme, website, issue song sheets etc might help people sing along
  • Options
    Im more worried about us getting goal music like Standard Liege.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i think that would be a great idea!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

i think that would be a great idea!
    You're joking right?
  • Options
    lol gotcha! we make our own music thanks!
  • Options
    He's not happy.........
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

It was mentioned the other week by a director who won't be named! that red red robin was boring and they were thinking of getting rid of it!

We'll this resulted in it being sang numerous times out in Belgium to show this said director that we weren't having it :)

If you like it and want it to stay before kickoff it might be time to sing up lads!

Thoughts?

wind up? if true, then the "director" is an idiot that really doesn't get it, much like the new hull city owner. if resolute, "people power" will always win out, so yes, i am grateful that those on the ground will sing up & make the point loudly!
  • Options
    It should be taught at all local schools, in Bexley & Greenwich.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I wish you hadnt come out with this, another stick for some to hit her with.

But if it's true, then should we just stand back and watch one more bit of our heritage, history and tradition be stripped away because a couple of Belgians don't like it because they don't understand it?