Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Igor Vetokele (ed. Pg 27 - back in training)***

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

So as a complete newbie, what can I expect from this Vetokele character then?

He’s not as good as the Millwall forwards but his ears are comparable to Jed Steers...
  • Options

I just don’t see it ending happily.

59% loaned out again
    40% post Achilles injury Igor
    1% early 2014/15 Igor

Crickey, talk about stealing ooh ah’s thunder!
    Cultural appropriation..
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

JamesSeed said:

He'll score some good headers and close range finishes. He'll miss most one on ones.
    No that was Wright-Phillips.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

JamesSeed said:

He’s not as good as the Millwall forwards but his ears are comparable to Jed Steers...
    I can’t really remember the 1966 Millwall forwards’ names. Possee? Or was he later?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    so in a few weeks we may see a 4-4-2 with taylor and vetokele up top, grant a fosu on the wings and pratley and aribo in the centre. That 11 should be a match for most teams in this division, will be more of a case of trying to keep them all fit.
  • Options

so in a few weeks we may see a 4-4-2 with taylor and vetokele up top, grant a fosu on the wings and pratley and aribo in the centre. That 11 should be a match for most teams in this division, will be more of a case of trying to keep them all fit.

Not sure that'd be a match for most teams in the division - for a start there's only 6 of em...
  • Options
    Our first 11 even if we could have them fit for 20 games together could do very well with consistency.
    Steer
    Solly, Pearce, Bauer, Page
    Grant, Aribo, Pratley, Fosu
    Taylor, Vetokele

Still Clarke to come back as well who looked very good before his injury.
    Just a shame the likelihood is they’ll probably do 5 games max together.
  • Options
    Realistically, how often will we have Taylor, Grant and Igor all fit together? On the rare occasions they're all fit, one will be on the bench
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we can get all of that little lot back in the squad then we definitely have a chance of the play-offs again – especially if we can keep Fosu fit for an extended period, as he is a game changer.

However the squad nowhere near automatic promotion quality, as we only have one left back and one right back (who is half crocked anyway).

The one big worry is Darren Pratley, as is he gets injured I just don’t know how we would replace him.
  • Options

“Igor joined in training today [Monday], which is a big positive. And we have, hopefully, got the rest of them coming back into training apart from Billy Clarke from Monday.

“We’ve got to be careful with them, we can’t rush them and chuck them all back in at the deep end. It’s good to start getting some bodies back because it seems like they have been out forever.

“What them coming back does is create competition for places and it makes our bench stronger. The lads who have been involved from the start of the season have done well, they have all taken everything on board and have worked hard.

“For the lads coming back now, they will have to fight to get into the team, for sure.”

How the fuck does a club manage to start a season with an injury crisis?

I am sure that back in the day teams used to start the season with a fully fit squad and then have players get injured periodically over the season!
  • Options

“Igor joined in training today [Monday], which is a big positive. And we have, hopefully, got the rest of them coming back into training apart from Billy Clarke from Monday.

“We’ve got to be careful with them, we can’t rush them and chuck them all back in at the deep end. It’s good to start getting some bodies back because it seems like they have been out forever.

“What them coming back does is create competition for places and it makes our bench stronger. The lads who have been involved from the start of the season have done well, they have all taken everything on board and have worked hard.

“For the lads coming back now, they will have to fight to get into the team, for sure.”

I am sure that back in the day teams used to start the season with a fully fit squad and then have players get injured periodically over the season!
    When you only have 14 senior players in the first team squad more than one injury constitutes a "crisis".

Welcome to Roland's World ... party on, dudes!
  • Options
    I'm sure Vetokele will be used as a sub for his first few games back, then if he stays fit, it could be a case of resting Grant (who is only 20) or Taylor.
  • Options

Realistically, how often will we have Taylor, Grant and Igor all fit together? On the rare occasions they're all fit, one will be on the bench

At the moment hope that'll be Igor on the bench as there seems to be a good partnership between the other two
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Steer
    Solly Bauer Sarr Page
    Marshall Pratley Aribo Fosu
    Taylor Vetokele

KG to replace IV as and when needed. He's not a 90 minute man.

I'd take that until January.

Karlan and Taylor have both had an impact this season as such I think Igor has to regain his place, when he does it will be to replace Karlan as Taylor has a bit more about him.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    Marshall Pratley Aribo Fosu
    Taylor Vetokele

KG to replace IV as and when needed. He's not a 90 minute man.

I'd take that.
    With Igor’s fragile body i’d argue he is barely a 90sec man
  • Options
    The midfield will be stronger, in terms if depth, when Reeves returns, too.
  • Options
    If we're chasing a game, take Marshall off for Grant and Aribo plays wide in a 4-3-3
  • Options

When you only have 14 senior players in the first team squad more than one injury constitutes a "crisis".

Welcome to Roland's World ... party on, dudes!
    We did have a particularly bad summer though to be fair. Leaving aside Clarke who was injured last season

Igor, Reeves, Fosu all picking up injuries in pre season
    JFC out for the season days before the start
    Djiksteel catching pneumonia
    And then lost Pearce during the first match of the season

How much that is bad luck, and how much is down to conditioning or having injury prone players is debatable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    Fosu Pratley Aribo
    Grant Taylor Vetokele
  • Options

If we can get all of that little lot back in the squad then we definitely have a chance of the play-offs again – especially if we can keep Fosu fit for an extended period, as he is a game changer.

However the squad nowhere near automatic promotion quality, as we only have one left back and one right back (who is half crocked anyway).

The one big worry is Darren Pratley, as is he gets injured I just don’t know how we would replace him.

Dijksteel playing in his favoured position maybe?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Our first 11 even if we could have them fit for 20 games together could do very well with consistency.
    Steer
    Solly, Pearce, Bauer, Page
    Grant, Aribo, Pratley, Fosu
    Taylor, Vetokele

Still Clarke to come back as well who looked very good before his injury.
    Just a shame the likelihood is they’ll probably do 5 games max together.

Dijksteel right back
  • Options

Seriously doubt whether we will ever so Igor in a Charlton shirt again. Once he's fit he'll be off.

• Options
    addick05 said:

Seriously doubt whether we will ever so Igor in a Charlton shirt again. Once he's fit he'll be off.

Not if Window is closed he wont be,
  • Options
    If we get this Igor back, he should tear up this league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcUl1AU1uJo
  • Options
    Glad he's back to fitness and can bring much needed competition, if he can be as good as he was a few years ago then brilliant. But right now don't want to see Grant/Taylor's partnership to get disrupted at this point. When was the last time we had an upfront partnership that turned out 4 goals in 3 games?
  • Options

Glad he's back to fitness and can bring much needed competition, if he can be as good as he was a few years ago then brilliant. But right now don't want to see Grant/Taylor's partnership to get disrupted at this point. When was the last time we had an upfront partnership that turned out 4 goals in 3 games?

Yes, we don't need to rush him back. It would be nice to be able to bring him off the bench after 70 minutes though
  • Options
    RedJohn said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    Fosu Pratley Aribo
    Grant Taylor Vetokele

Too much like a Robinson formation for me.
  • Options
    Calm down everybody.
    This season won't get going until Billy Clarke is back in the side.

I've awarded him the CVM

Creative
    Versatile
    Mobile