Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Igor Vetokele (ed. Pg 27 - back in training)***

Comments

• Options
    Some cracking balls in from Bulot aswell. Real shame we didn't tie him down.
  • Options
    I suspect that after his injury the problem was as much mental as physical.
  • Options
    Dear me whats happened to him? I know hes been unlucky with injuries and playing him last/this year when injured was a terrible move , but he looks so poor now. Worrying.
  • Options
    Absolutely woeful today. Verging on embarrassing. Nowhere near a championship player at the moment
  • Options
    I personally just dont think he's that good, started off on fire last season and has been riding on that ever since, yes he's had in injuries but that's irrelevant, he offers nothing to the team at the moment.
  • Options
    Think I've got it. As payment for swapping Bulot for his game changing lookalike last season, we had to exchange Igor for his useless twin.
  • Options
    I would have Reza ahead of him when he comes back.

And yes I am serious.
  • Options
    Playing him last season while injured was a mistake. He didn't score many in that period and in the process we made his injury worse. Now it looks like he has put on some timber and has lost his pace. There is a good player in thete but he shouldn't be near the first team at present until he is fully fit.
  • Options

And yes I am serious.

big statement
  • Options
    Reza has pace and can finish and IMO would be more effective than Igor currently. I hope Igor can rediscover that form but I am a little worried that he won't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And yes I am serious.

big statement
    I make him right. Reza isn't great but at least he looked like a professional footballer. Vetokele has been abysmal for a year. As said above is still dining out on ten games a year ago.
  • Options
    But he's NOT a good player.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

You believed that this time last year?
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Yes he is
  • Options
    Nadou said:

He is a good player when fit. At the moment he is palpably unfit so, presently, you are correct.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options

Nadou said:

A few good games does not make a good player. A good player shows he's good over a long period of time. This time last year people thought Bikey was a good player.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Nadou said:

A few good games does not make a good player. A good player shows he's good over a long period of time. This time last year people thought Bikey was a good player.
    He could score 2 own goals, give away a penalty and then get sent off and people will still say 'it's because he's injured'.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadou said:

Nadou said:

The key difference is the universal approval of professionals at Copenhagen ( a much more accomplished club than us in recent years) and the Belgian and Angolan international set ups.
  • Options
    The evidence of my own eyes counts more for me.
  • Options
    It's got to the point with Igor now that we shouldn't even be considering bringing him on in games until he gets fit and loses weight. Currently he adds nothing to our game and its like subbing a player on the pitch for Mr Blobbys shadow. How Kag is not coming on ahead of him is baffling and right now we need players that are fit and can actually put abit of effort in. I like Igor but right now he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.
  • Options

Playing him last season while injured was a mistake. He didn't score many in that period and in the process we made his injury worse. Now it looks like he has put on some timber and has lost his pace. There is a good player in thete but he shouldn't be near the first team at present until he is fully fit.

This.

I like transparency not only in transfers !( i'm like a dog with a bone)but also in injury situations. This would help the players and stop fans putting the same question to the players when they turn up to watch matches or are only on the bench because of a problem.

It may of only been done to confused Blackburn, (it didn't work)
    But those of us who were at Wolves and saw Simon last only a few minutes but play on with a hamstring issue until the sub was ready, knew that it was unlikely he would be fit for 2 games in 4 days after the International break.
    He came on and assisted the goal in the Rotherham game but struggled and went off with the same problem late on against Huddersfield.
    At the team briefing last Thursday Guy said "no new injury worries" ?

Did he mean Big Mak's injury Was an old injury ? (done at Wolves)

So when the statement said "Simon Makienok injured in training on Friday,"
    this was revealed on Saturday.

Was this just Smoke and Mirrors for Blackburn ?

• Options
    Igor, at the moment, is not interested. His body language stinks. He is a shadow of the player that Peeters bought. When Kennedy gets picked ahead of Vetokele it says a lot about where he is in our team. We are really struggling upfront. Makienok is not fit, Watt and Vetokele are playing really badly. Reza is injured and Kennedy is not ready for the first team. I have been banging on that we need a good experiened Centre forward and we are struggling for goals. I hate to see what is going to happen at Palace.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

The evidence of my own eyes counts more for me.

Fine. But at least consider whether there is a difference between your eyes telling you that he's not playing well, and is unfit - which is obvious to all of us -; and your eyes, and your cumulative football knowledge, really justifying that you come to such a different conclusion as the professionals. You said above that a good player shows that ability over a long period of time. Vetokele, in his young career, has done exactly that, consistently until he picked up an injury with us, and was played while unfit last season. You yourself said that the issue may well be mental. Sure. He was asked, as a young player in his first season in England to keep on playing, and often as a sole 1, which is clearly not his best position, in a team which was imploding and doing not much more than lump it. That would have an effect on the most resilient of strikers.

And by the way anyone who thinks clubs don't risk players who are not fully fit has obviously never spoke to to people in the game.

• Options
    Uboat said:

He is injured and shouldn't be playing. For the first time in my life I am ITK on something. There is a dispute between some of the fitness and medical staff as to whether he should be playing. He hasn't been fit to play all season, so saying that he isn't interested and that his attitude stinks is well wide of the mark IMO.

Get him out of the side and get him fit I say. Waste of everyone's time playing him if he's not right.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

He is injured and shouldn't be playing. For the first time in my life I am ITK on something. There is a dispute between some of the fitness and medical staff as to whether he should be playing. He hasn't been fit to play all season, so saying that he isn't interested and that his attitude stinks is well wide of the mark IMO.

Well, he doesn't look fit to me and having spoken to Vetokele in the past, he doesn't strike me as someone who would "mess around".

I have to say, we shouldn't have made him play last season, when he was clearly not fit.

If I was him, I would have refused to play. He could even have a "case" against the club, if he was made to play when unfit. I can't see that it's much different to demanding someone comes to work, when they are unwell.