Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Igor Vetokele (ed. Pg 27 - back in training)***

Comments

• Options

Uboat said:

He is injured and shouldn't be playing. For the first time in my life I am ITK on something. There is a dispute between some of the fitness and medical staff as to whether he should be playing. He hasn't been fit to play all season, so saying that he isn't interested and that his attitude stinks is well wide of the mark IMO.

Well, he doesn't look fit to me and having spoken to Vetokele in the past, he doesn't strike me as someone who would "mess around".

I have to say, we shouldn't have made him play last season, when he was clearly not fit.

If I was him, I would have refused to play. He could even have a "case" against the club, if he was made to play when unfit. I can't see that it's much different to demanding someone comes to work, when they are unwell.
    That sounds like the Danny Haynes situation...
  • Options
    Uboat said:

He is injured and shouldn't be playing. For the first time in my life I am ITK on something. There is a dispute between some of the fitness and medical staff as to whether he should be playing. He hasn't been fit to play all season, so saying that he isn't interested and that his attitude stinks is well wide of the mark IMO.

Glad you posted that.

Do you know if it is the Achilles injury failing to heal, or something else?

• Options

He could score 2 own goals, give away a penalty and then get sent off and people will still say 'it's because he's injured'.

Sounds a little like Mikel Alonso's match v Brentford.
  • Options
    There is something far wrong with this guy and IF he is not fiit he should not be playing. I have a feeling there is more to this however as I cannot believe the management would be stupid enough to continue to play him if he is NOT fit. Perhaps he has personal problems and wants away???
  • Options

Uboat said:

Glad you posted that.

Sorry, I don't know the details. I had a two minute conversation with someone who works with the players and who wasn't happy that Igor was being played. Given his role, he was in a position to know.
  • Options

drewman said:

Regretting naming one of the goldfish we bought this time last year Igor now. Come to think of it he's been tucking away some weed and has put a few pounds on too.

Give it 8 seconds and rename it.
    Actually a memory of closer to 3-5 months.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2015
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Glad you posted that.

Sorry, I don't know the details. I had a two minute conversation with someone who works with the players and who wasn't happy that Igor was being played. Given his role, he was in a position to know.
    Need another decent striker so that injured / out of form players can recover and be rested. (+attacking/ creative midfield, pace on wing)
  • Options
    BillG said:

I cannot believe the management would be stupid enough to continue to play him if he is NOT fit.

Of course the management would not do that - clear from the way they have given Big Mak loads of time to recover and not tried to rush him back at all...
  • Options
    BillG said:

There is something far wrong with this guy and IF he is not fiit he should not be playing. I have a feeling there is more to this however as I cannot believe the management would be stupid enough to continue to play him if he is NOT fit. Perhaps he has personal problems and wants away???

What ? The management played him most of last season when he clearly wasn't fit ! Where were you ?
    Mind you I don't blame the management, when your only other option was Simon Church or KAG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There definitely seems to be something wrong with Igor. Not long after he came on up at Blackburn he seemed to trip over his own feet as he was turning into the play (he wasn't really challenging for the ball, just moving into the play). Ended up writhing around on the deck and play was held up for what seemed like 2 or 3 minutes while he was being treated. Very strange. It looked the actions of a very tired and hurting player.
  • Options
    This situation with Vetokele really needs sorting. It's a long time since I've seen such an over weight forward in a Charlton shirt. His arrival on the pitch at Blackburn was embarrassing. Please don't shout me down and say Kermorgant. No comparison.
  • Options
    Maybe he is missing his pal Bob Peeters?
  • Options
    Was told last year it was an heal injury. He believed he needed an operation and he couldn't train ( we still played him). He wasn't happy about that.
    If that was true then either full rest or an operation should have happened in the close season. Our medical staff must have thought he didn't need it ?
    He did play pre season but not on the all weather surface.
    He clearly isn't training again.

Operation , full recovery, or sell him back to Copenhagen .
  • Options
    Nadou said:

The evidence of my own eyes counts more for me.

That only works when you're not blinded by your own negativity.
  • Options
    Rob said:

There definitely seems to be something wrong with Igor. Not long after he came on up at Blackburn he seemed to trip over his own feet as he was turning into the play (he wasn't really challenging for the ball, just moving into the play). Ended up writhing around on the deck and play was held up for what seemed like 2 or 3 minutes while he was being treated. Very strange. It looked the actions of a very tired and hurting player.

I don't know what is troubling me more. The unreasonable trashing of a good young player by some on here, or the emerging information about his injury and treatment, as contained in your post and that of @Uboat and @Goonerhater.

• Options
    Rob said:

He is either carrying an injury or is injury prone.

It will be a shame if things do not work out for him with us as the first ten games of last season showed me could play football.
  • Options
    Hopefully the club can actually sort this out as it is doing nobody any good at the moment. Igor is obviously not right and surely it makes sense for the club to make sure one of their assets is fit enough to do himself justice when playing.
    I really don't get why when we were safe last season and we could not get into the playoffs why we did not get the problem sorted then rather play a half fit Igor when ultimately the matches counted for nothing as we were always gonna finish mid table
  • Options
    Can't blame an achilles injury for being unfit, he looked fat in the off-season and still hasn't shed it, looks disinterested. Needs to get his nutrition and training right before he's even near our first team, I'm sure with the right rehab during this time too he'll be ready. At the moment looks like he's just keeping it level as it is and progressing nowhere with injury rehab and match fitness.
  • Options

Rob said:

He is carrying an injury or is injury prone timber.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Certainly Igor was playing last season with a injury and this did him no favours. Is he still injured is another question altogether. Igor thinks he is. Some of the treatment room staff don't. In any case he's performing far below what we need and something has to happen.

I think his Charlton days are numbered.
  • Options

Hopefully the club can actually sort this out as it is doing nobody any good at the moment. Igor is obviously not right and surely it makes sense for the club to make sure one of their assets is fit enough to do himself justice when playing.
    I really don't get why when we were safe last season and we could not get into the playoffs why we did not get the problem sorted then rather play a half fit Igor when ultimately the matches counted for nothing as we were always gonna finish mid table

agree. If he's injured why are we persisting. Even if we (Charlton) think he's fit and he doesn't, his performances are clearly shit. Either way he's no good for us in his present state.
  • Options
    Big congrats Igor, to you and the family no wonder we haven’t seen you for a while :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Least he's keeping himself fit and occupied when out injured
  • Options

And he wont be putting strain on his plantar faschia
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

And he wont be putting strain on his plantar faschia
    No, its just the strain on his groin we have to worry about ;)
  • Options
    Very clever play on words for a guy using his 3rd language and growing up in a metric country.
  • Options
    Rodney Charlton Vetokele?