Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Booom good run out!
  • Key wicket that
  • So the interval! Had them on the run but In the end probably let them get more than they should have.. Dunn was quality! Mahmood not so.. should be an easy win for Surrey! 142 to win!
  • So that's he math then! Surrey win by three wickets! With a couple overs to spare! Ended up a lot closer than it should have been but Robin Peterson and Batty got us over the line! Roy brilliant as usual KP looked unconvincing for 29! a lot of silly dismissals in there.. Wilson's was probably he worst at the time where we needed the captain to be sensible and see us over the line! Azhars running is becoming increasingly suspect! But yeah finals day here we come!!
  • edited August 2014

So that's he math then! Surrey win by three wickets! With a couple overs to spare! Ended up a lot closer than it should have been but Robin Peterson and Batty got us over the line! Roy brilliant as usual KP looked unconvincing for 29! a lot of silly dismissals in there.. Wilson's was probably he worst at the time where we needed the captain to be sensible and see us over the line! Azhars running is becoming increasingly suspect! But yeah finals day here we come!!

Nice one Canters, was tossing up whether to go to Pompey or The Oval but looked at the weather and decided on Fratton Park.
    Dunn seems to be having a cracking season - what do you think of him for possibly England?

BTW , its Maths !.
  • So that's he math then! Surrey win by three wickets! With a couple overs to spare! Ended up a lot closer than it should have been but Robin Peterson and Batty got us over the line! Roy brilliant as usual KP looked unconvincing for 29! a lot of silly dismissals in there.. Wilson's was probably he worst at the time where we needed the captain to be sensible and see us over the line! Azhars running is becoming increasingly suspect! But yeah finals day here we come!!

Nice one Canters, was tossing up whether to go to Pompey or The Oval but looked at the weather and decided on Fratton Park.
    Dunn seems to be having a cracking season - what do you think of him for possibly England?

BTW , its Maths !.
    First off I meant to say so that's the match then but being on my phone on the tube home I made a typo! ;)
    Was expecting to get a few showers at the oval but we got lucky only got two spots of drizzle during the interval! Matt Dunn is indeed having a terrific season..as are all the youngsters Curran etc the only one that has been below expectations was Sibley.. not sure what the situation there was.. I understand that he was dropped earlier in the season and then took some time out for his A levels and hasn't been able to force his way back into the team!

Back on Dunn he's been consistently bowling at over 90mph which is quality! Young and injury free! The spectacular thing about his wickets yesterday was the sheer pace! It's rare these days someone gets beaten for pace but these guys were! And you could see it on his face how fired up he was! To knock out middle stump twice in a match was fantastic! They were just trying to keep him out no chance of slogging him! As for England chances I'd definitely say keep an eye on him! Has raw pace and a good action! Slow run up all the pace coming from the shoulder in his delivery stride! Which I'm told is great for a fast bowler as reduces chances of injury significantly! This is apparently Meakers problem! So should be knocking on Englands door In the next few years!
  • If Jason Roy doesn't get an England call up fpr the T20 after he season he has had it will be a farce! I accept he is a little hit and miss but deserves his chance!

Moment of the match yesterday for me wasn't the run out although that was more pivotal in terms of the game! Gareth Batty was bowling and was smashed for six from a poor ball! He was visibly annoyed with himself! You could see him watching the replay on the screen and having a rant away at himself! The cameras then focused on him and you could see how fired up he was! The next ball was an absolute peach and had him bowled while he was swishing at thin air about a foot away.. was such a great comeback! Batty did his usual celebration and there was a danger of him giving the batsman a send off and a similar incident to last year's quarter final occurring! But the batsman walked the other way and Jason Roy I think intervened! And that just summed up why I love Batty so much! His commitment and how he gets soo fired up! He has that fast bowler mentality crossed with a ginger streak and the result is amazing!
  • Got my tickets for finals day, so will have 2 teams in finals day - Surrey and Hampshire. Talk is that the England players are going to be released ie Bell/Anderson, and also Freddie might be there too. Always a fantastic day.
  • Got my tickets for finals day, so will have 2 teams in finals day - Surrey and Hampshire. Talk is that the England players are going to be released ie Bell/Anderson, and also Freddie might be there too. Always a fantastic day.

Have a good day, Pres.

At least England won't have to worry about releasing KP....

• decent draw vs Birmingham, great chance of making the final
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't make finals day I will be on a plane somewhere high up... and Fanny England can have KP I'm not terribly bothered about him think we have plenty of players who could do equally well! Davies solanki harinath don't get near our t20 team atm and not to mention wonder boy Sibley!
  • Can't make finals day I will be on a plane somewhere high up... and Fanny England can have KP I'm not terribly bothered about him think we have plenty of players who could do equally well! Davies solanki harinath don't get near our t20 team atm and not to mention wonder boy Sibley!

Yeah, forgot about Sibley - whats happened to him this year?

Not entirely sure.. thrown in at the deep end at the beginning of he season with high expectations of him! Probably suffered a little from second season syndrome.. smiths constant failure didn't help! He was dropped and hen took some time out to concentrate on his A levels and hasn't been seen since.. don't know whether he has been back in training or anything...

Not entirely sure.. thrown in at the deep end at the beginning of he season with high expectations of him! Probably suffered a little from second season syndrome.. smiths constant failure didn't help! He was dropped and hen took some time out to concentrate on his A levels and hasn't been seen since.. don't know whether he has been back in training or anything...
    Ok thanks - as you say,2nd season is always tough, especially at that age. Looking forward to seeing him concentrate on his cricket next year, and hopefully scoring some big runs again.

When I was a kid Kent had a youngster called David Nicholls who scored 211 at Folkestone aged 19 or 20. It was the only really big score he made and he ended up as reserve wicket keeper playing when Alan Knott was called up for England.

He was a useful county player but never lived up to the hype of that initial 211.

Passed away a few years ago too sadly.
  • LenGlover said:

Can't make finals day I will be on a plane somewhere high up... and Fanny England can have KP I'm not terribly bothered about him think we have plenty of players who could do equally well! Davies solanki harinath don't get near our t20 team atm and not to mention wonder boy Sibley!

When I was a kid Kent had a youngster called David Nicholls who scored 211 at Folkestone aged 19 or 20. It was the only really big score he made and he ended up as reserve wicket keeper playing when Alan Knott was called up for England.

He was a useful county player but never lived up to the hype of that initial 211.

Passed away a few years ago too sadly.
    Aargh....get your dirty Kent post off the Surrey Thread !
  • There you go re Sibley - he's playing for England u19's...
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/693439.html
  • There you go re Sibley - he's playing for England u19's...
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/693439.html

That would explain why we haven't seen him! Strange I didn't see any announcement from the club about this.. you usually get one...
  • Anyone else going to the Oval tomorrow?

Nah, have some odd,overrated pastime called work instead.
  • Sponsored links:

Yes - with my 11 year old son and a couple of friends. Preparing him for when he plays at the Oval when he grows up - for Kent and England that is ;-)

Yes - with my 11 year old son and a couple of friends. Preparing him for when he plays at the Oval when he grows up - for Kent and England that is ;-)
    red card ...off to the Kent thread for you sir !

Hard to inspire him to play cricket with grounds like Canterbury isn't it! Tin pot county! ;)
  • Got out of gaol tonight, lads ......

So, who has the best young players ????

:-)
  • Got out of gaol tonight, lads ......

So, who has the best young players ????

:-)

Looks like it was a cracking game.
  • On Sky tonight it was Sussex v Durham, and they had playing, amongst others..
    Mustard and Onions with Brown Cachopa washed down with Beer - as India weren't playing they played under KFC rules - and there was talk of loaning Captain Cook and also Kitchen as umpire.
    Stuart Bread was also mentioned.

I'll get my coat.

Hard to inspire him to play cricket with grounds like Canterbury isn't it! Tin pot county! ;)
    We really should have won. Poor penultimate over from Doug's spell, a vital drop from Nash when Azhar was only on 8 and three balls in the wrong area off the first half of the final over contributed to us not getting maximum points.

Still a great day made all the better for sitting in the Surrey Members area cheering on Kent ;-)

• Thanks, AA & well done for supporting the lads today.
  • Top game tonight by the sounds of it.. A much weaken Surrey team I hasten to add before all you Kent fans get over excited! Surprised Tremlett bowled so well but then he was shielded from the danger overs...

As for the best young players there's no doubt in my mind..
  • Top game tonight by the sounds of it.. A much weaken Surrey team I hasten to add before all you Kent fans get over excited! Surprised Tremlett bowled so well but then he was shielded from the danger overs...

As for the best young players there's no doubt in my mind..

Me neither, canters ....