Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options

As I said previously, despite what Surrey originally said re Ireland commitments, the reason Wilson lost the captaincy is because he won't get anywhere near the first team in the CC when everyone is available.

I would expect the line up to be something like this:

Burns
    Ansari
    Sangakkara
    KP
    Davies
    Roy
    Foakes
    Batty
    Meaker
    Dunn
    Dernbach

Possibly but going on the last couple years and the averages I'd have Wilson above Davies In all formats!
    Davies averages just under 40 in FC matches and there was nothing between Davies and Wilson last season - Davies 43 v Wilson 44 with Davies scoring two hundred more runs. Davies averaged 41 in ODs last season and Wilson just 15. In T20s Wilson came out better with 30 vs 17.

From what I can gather Davies has fought back from his troubles. He came out prior to the Ashes, was promptly dropped by England and badly affected by the death of Tom Maynard resulting in a bout of depression.

I would hope that his talent and bravery will be enough to justify him being given the chance to stake his claim.
    You make good points! I guess it's good to have options strength in depth and competition for places!!
  • Options
    Surrey have signed Australian all rounder Moises Henriques! Seems a good catch! Described as a genuine all rounder! Bowls right arm fast and bats lower middle order! Has played in all formats for Australia and had a few years in the IPL! is available for the T20 and will fill in in all formats when we lose Sanga for a month! I guess he will do for us what Kevin O'brian did last year!

http://www.kiaoval.com/surrey-sign-moises-henriques/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moisés_Henriques

• Options
    Seems like we're gonna try and put out a team of all rounders! With Ansari Burke Curran Mahmood Kapil and now Henriques!
  • Options
    First game of the season today!

Surrey
    Rory Burns
    Zafar Ansari
    Kumar Sangakkara
    Kevin Pietersen
    Steven Davies
    Jason Roy
    Gary Wilson (W)
    Gareth Batty (C)
    Jade Dernbach
    Thomas Curran
    Matthew Dunn

Good team only Meaker would strengthen it!!

Won't the toss and batted! 301 for 3

Burns c Wallace b Wagg 50
    Ansari lbw b Carter 48
    Sangakkara not out 95
    Pietersen c Ingram b Meschede 19
    Davies not out 72

Good start! Ansari was 46 from 90 balls but then got bogged down and finally got out for 48 off 140 odd balls!!
  • Options
    Sanga makes a hundred in his firat innings in a Surrey Shirt. 112 off 256 balls! What a class batsman we have there! Davies reached his109 off 195 balls! Been described as arguably the better innings! Hopefully this is the return of Davies to his best! Still have Roy Wilson Curran and batty to come! So should be looking for a declaration tomorrow!

KP failed to give the England selectors any headache can he rectify that second innings?

Will be interesting to see who keeps! We have four possibles in the side! I'm assuming it won't be Burns or Sanga! So either Davies or Wilson!
  • Options
    Wilson is down to keep on the scorecard.
  • Options

Sanga makes a hundred in his firat innings in a Surrey Shirt. 112 off 256 balls! What a class batsman we have there! Davies reached his109 off 195 balls! Been described as arguably the better innings! Hopefully this is the return of Davies to his best! Still have Roy Wilson Curran and batty to come! So should be looking for a declaration tomorrow!

KP failed to give the England selectors any headache can he rectify that second innings?

Will be interesting to see who keeps! We have four possibles in the side! I'm assuming it won't be Burns or Sanga! So either Davies or Wilson!

I've also now read that Davies wants to be considered as a batsman only. Always liked him and he is a classy player but suspect that it is only the mental side of the game that has stopped him from being a top class player.

Five 50s plus two hundred in his last 15 innings suggests that he has matured and whilst an England call up is highly unlikely he is a classy player and should be a fixture in the Surrey side.
  • Options

If he gets a second innings!
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I've also now read that Davies wants to be considered as a batsman only. Always liked him and he is a classy player but suspect that it is only the mental side of the game that has stopped him from being a top class player.

Five 50s plus two hundred in his last 15 innings suggests that he has matured and whilst an England call up is highly unlikely he is a classy player and should be a fixture in the Surrey side.
    He went on to get two hundred not out today! Let's hope he can carry on that for for the whole season!!
  • Options
    Curran gets ingram caught by dernbach for 56! Glamorgan now 206 for five!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surrey in the ascendency! Two batsman on nought!
  • Options
    Glamorgan 293 for 8! Curran gets Wallace who was on 51 offering some resistance!
  • Options
    Batty is bowling from one end and rotating hos quicks at the other! Two batsman on nought in...
  • Options
    Curran apparently bowling very well! Batty has a huge shout for lbw but turned down!
  • Options
    Surrey hoping to wrap these last two wickets up and stick them back in for a session tonight!
  • Options
    Good morning..Essex have won the toss and will bowl...
    Surrey: Ansari, Burns, Sangakkara, Pietersen, Davies, Roy, Wilson, Batty, Curran, Dernbach, Dunn
  • Options
    My first game of the season has been rained off so will probs fill the void by following this game!
  • Options
    88/1 so far. Come on essexxxxxxx!!!!!!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

88/1 so far. Come on essexxxxxxx!!!!!!

Sanga going strong!!
  • Options
    Can't understand why meaker isn't being picked especially as Dernbach is ahead if him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sangakarra looks like he will run riot in this league.
  • Options
    Now Out ha ha.
  • Options
    249 for 5, danger man Davies still in... Jesse Ryder the pick of the bowlers with his dibbly dobblers.
  • Options
    Thing about this Surrey side is we bat deep! Curran is down at nine but is very much an all rounder! I'd say good enough to bat at seven!
  • Options
    There is rain forescast for weds I think. Essex missed out on promotion last season with the highest points total for a team that weren't promoted. If we ever got some batting points we'd have gone up. Also had the most rain affected matches I think. But Surrey with their batting out to crush us
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Meanwhile, there has been a quite remarkable last wicket partnership between Oliver Robinson and Matthew Hobden for Sussex against Surrey.

Coming together with the score at 171-9 the pair almost doubled the total in taking it to 335. Hobden made an undefeated 65 but perhaps the interesting one for us Kent fans is Robinson who made 110 off 112 balls on what is his county championship debut.

Not to be confused with the 16 year old former Sidcup CC and current Bexley CC and Kent scholar of the same name, Robinson is the step son of current England assistant coach and former Kent player and coach, Paul Farbrace. Robinson too came through the Kent all age system but left his home county for the north when Farbrace moved to Yorkshire.

Under somewhat of a cloud, Robinson was then sacked by Yorkshire in the middle of last season by what they called "a number of unprofessional actions". Following short spells in the Hants and Essex 2nd X1s he was duly picked up by Sussex.

Robinson is still only 21 so who knows he might do a Matt Coles and return home.

Edit - this was obviously meant for the Kent thread!!!
  • Options
    Stumps day one surrey 292 for 5.. Wilson 23 no Davies 69 no!
  • Options
    Surrey 340 all out! Davies 81 c ryder b masters
    Wilson 46 lbw napier
    batty 10 and 2 ducks to finish us off!
  • Options
    Bad day for Surrey so far! Essex start after tea 162 -1 Browne 85 and 17yr old wonderkid lawrence on 2
  • Options
    Unless someone somehow produces a wonderspell of bowling, this has draw written all over it.