Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer - Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely over the moon for him; looks as though he's won a fair few fans today.

He's a cracking keeper and seems like a top guy too.
  • Options
    Ben still gives everyone a hug.
    Just 2 routine saves and bad marking by the defenders for Lampard goal.
    unless they cut out other chances ?
  • Options
    There's always a few on any forum who choose to look at the imperfections in a player's game, rather than all the things he did right.

Pleased for Ben that most of their posters thought he put in a decent shift.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I hope he takes his chance. He's up against Kasper Schmeichel, not Peter Schmeichel, so has every chance of establishing himself if he can maintain a consistent level of performance.

Kasper Schmeichel is the Jordi Cruyff of goalkeeping
  • Options
    I watched the match on TV and Ben had a very good game. There were more than two saves but he also controlled his area well and cut out a few crosses.
  • Options
    Ouch! Think the Leicester fans may be revising their thoughts of him being better than Schmeichal!
  • Options
    Ben Hamer - Thanks may well be the title of a thread on the Tottenham supporters' forum.
  • Options
    Great watch for Spurs second goal...Ericksons in my dream team....cheers Ben.
  • Options
    Well Leicester can thank him for 3 points today, immense performance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't say I thought he was to blame for the two calls the other day. The first one was close range tap in and the second one his wall needs to do better.
  • Options
    Schwarzer in at Leicester

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30749705

I like many rated him as our keeper and I thought he'd equipped himself pretty well in the premier league. That's football!
  • Options
    Schwarzer seems to be going straight in to the starting eleven today.

I wonder how long they envisage Hamer to be a reserve keeper!

At least his wages will soften the blow of disappointment.
  • Options
    In paper this morning Pearson is quoted as saying he will have to wait for his chance, as Hamer has done well.
  • Options
    Schwarzer is probably Leciester's equivalent to Brad Friedel at Spurs who have Vorm as their number two. They don't want a kid having to come in should Hamer get injured and in PL terms it probably costs minimal in wages for a 42 year old.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Schwarzer will be back up.

Hamer has done well for himself, good luck to him. I'd have him back in an instant.
  • Options
    Ben's got himself a quality tutor in that of Schwarzer, he'll only go from strength to strength if Leicester secure themselves as a PL team in the years to come. He deserves it.
  • Options
    This will only improve Ben, training alongside and watching Schwarzer day in day out. Another clean sheet today for Leicester.
  • Options

His wages meant he was never going to sign for us.
    Leicester have themselves a decent Championship keeper if they come down and want to sell the other fella... It's called being a yo-yo club.... Yessssssz goal spurs vs Palace!
  • Options
    Oh to have Hamer with us still.
    I was always willing to overlook his occasional lapses as he was a good keeper and had the potential to to become a very good one.
    Joins the likes of Kermorgant, Stephens and Morrison as shocking deals for the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015

His wages meant he was never going to sign for us.
    Leicester have themselves a decent Championship keeper if they come down and want to sell the other fella... It's called being a yo-yo club.... Yessssssz goal spurs vs Palace!
    But he did sign for us. Or do you mean he was never going to resign as we were dropping his wages.

Another clean sheet for him today. Bet them splinters In his ass are hurting. Well done Ben.
  • Options
    Leicester at Man Utd today.

Hamer has been benched for 42 year old Mark Schwarzer.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ouch......seems to be working well :wink:
  • Options
    Might rip the piss out of him on Twitter for being dropped. I'm sure he'll love the "banter"
  • Options

I was always willing to overlook his occasional lapses as he was a good keeper and had the potential to to become a very good one.
    Joins the likes of Kermorgant, Stephens and Morrison as shocking deals for the club.

Ben let his contract run down, and accepted a much better offer elsewhere. Not sure what else our current owners could have done.
  • Options

Ben let his contract run down, and accepted a much better offer elsewhere. Not sure what else our current owners could have done.
    Ben was waiting for a contract offer that never came until Leicester showed serious interest. The club could and should have tied him down 6 months earlier but was worrying about its championship status

• Options

Ben was waiting for a contract offer that never came until Leicester showed serious interest. The club could and should have tied him down 6 months earlier but was worrying about its championship status

I believe that this is correct. However, this was down to the previous regime not having any money
  • Options
    Oh dear. Hamer must be fuming if he can't get in the team with Schwarzer making mistakes like that.
  • Options
    He might now! Looked every bit the 42 year old there.
  • Options
    Whilst the money will be in a different league to what he was earning with us but I'm sure he's not the sort of lad to settle for being third choice keeper.