Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer - Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    i knew the way Ben was at the Blackpool game, he wouldn't be here this season. Ah well he done very well for us! i hope the new guy lives up to Ben's great work!

• Options

IMO Hamer will eventually be playing regular first team in the Premier, initially at Leicester

Only if they sell Kasper or he gets injured.
  • Options

Hamer is an average Championship keeper with Champions League quality distribution IMO.

Top quality distribution with his feet, so so with his hands
  • Options
    whoops.
  • Options
    looks like he was expecting a bobble and it didn't happen ... not used to a flat pitch
  • Options
    LOL. Even with that Ben seemed to be having a go at a defender!
  • Options
    Playing today for Leicester.
  • Options
    Apparently he made a great double save at the end to give Leicester the win.
  • Options
    I hope the Hamer haters are eating a slice of humble pie.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good on him. Played a huge role in keeping us up last season. Was Kasper injured?
  • Options
    I thought the beard was a temporary thing...
  • Options
    18 clean sheets with us last season? Cheers for the research MOTD
  • Options
    Cafcspud said:

18 clean sheets with us last season? Cheers for the research MOTD

I thought that too lol
  • Options
    Won't shut up about him on MOTD. Bet he's having a great night
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Don't want to piss on your chips @cafctom but lots of Leicester fans reckon Kasper will be straight back into the team for next weekend against Manure.....
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Don't want to piss on your chips @cafctom but lots of Leicester fans reckon Kasper will be straight back into the team for next weekend against Manure.....

They don't manage the team.

And even if he does, then Ben Hamer will be on the bench against Manchester United. That is still an incredible achievement for a keeper who was playing for the likes of Crawley Town when he was 23 years old. And it is a step up from playing in the Championship.

Even if he only gets 3-4 PL games under his belt this season, he can still say he is a Premier League footballer. Some of our fans make out that playing week in and week out in the Championship is better. But deep down, there is no bigger acolade than playing at the top level and having your friends and family see you on Match of The Day, even if it is as a sub.
  • Options
    Crazy Ben Hamer Had a worldy.

He had a good record at cafc for clean sheets.
    It was just that he used to have the odd mad 5 mins or so.

He left in credit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    11 games to go to beat Rob Elliot's total.
  • Options
    Nothing against Hamer. Good luck to him was happy to hear he did well today.
  • Options

and about 3 or 4 seasons to do it?
  • Options

Is that premiership appearances or include cup chuff
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Is that premiership appearances or include cup chuff
    He has 12 league appearances with 4 cup games and 5 Europa League games.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Egg on face for all those idiots who said "He won't play", "He'll rot on the bench" etc.

Premier League debut - clean sheet, MOM and an interview on Match Of The Day. Oh, and he is playing against Manchester United next week. That is why he went to Leicester....

Well done Ben.

He would rot on the bench if it wasn't for Kasper's injury... that was the first league game Shcmeichel has missed since 2011 apparently.
  • Options
    Said at the time that he left that Ben's accurate distribution would be well appreciated in the Premiership. I didn't see much of the game, bar his great double save at the end, but he's certainly given Pearson a nice headache now, with 2 decent keepers to call on.

Well done Ben. Keep up the worldys!! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    TelMc32 said:

Said at the time that he left that Ben's accurate distribution would be well appreciated in the Premiership. I didn't see much of the game, bar his great double save at the end, but he's certainly given Pearson a nice headache now, with 2 decent keepers to call on.

Well done Ben. Keep up the worldys!! :)

It's funny because the only complaint the Leicester fans had was that he kept kicking the ball out of play. Might have just been nerves?
  • Options

cafctom said:

Egg on face for all those idiots who said "He won't play", "He'll rot on the bench" etc.

Premier League debut - clean sheet, MOM and an interview on Match Of The Day. Oh, and he is playing against Manchester United next week. That is why he went to Leicester....

Well done Ben.

He would rot on the bench if it wasn't for Kasper's injury... that was the first league game Shcmeichel has missed since 2011 apparently.
    Isn't that how any goalkeeper gets their break in a new side though? Through the first choice being sold or injured? Hamer was MOTM yesterday in a Leicester win away from home. As good a keeper Kasper is, I don't think it will be an easy decision for Pearson.
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching him against Rooney, Van Persie, Di Maria, Falcao and Mata. Must be a dream...sort of.