Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    When you come out of the exit turn right and there are stairs to the level of the old entrance, there is also a lift.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    What's the deal with travelling from Sidcup down to Medway area and beyond with this closed line?

It's years since I've done the journey but if my memory is right Sidcup is a different line is it not?

EDIT: One of my daughters is working in Sidcup today. I dropped her off this morning but she will finish before me and will need to go home by train.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    What's the deal with travelling from Sidcup down to Medway area and beyond with this closed line?

It's years since I've done the journey but if my memory is right Sidcup is a different line is it not?

EDIT: One of my daughters is working in Sidcup today. I dropped her off this morning but she will finish before me and will need to go home by train.
    Sidcup line into Kent should be running fine Len.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Sidcup is on the Bexley line, not the Bexleyheath line.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    When you come out of the exit turn right and there are stairs to the level of the old entrance, there is also a lift.
    Cheers; presumed that going by Street View yet the images looked old so wasnt sure
  • Options
    Asking for a friend...

With regards to Abbey Wood Station whats the deal with the exiting the Station at the moment if anyone gets off there of an evening?

i.e. I used to cross over the footbridge and come out what was the original exit, walk up towards Knee Hill and then wait for the B11 to come down from the flyover - Last time I was there though that option didnt seem to be available and I had to come out of the new exit on to Harrow Manor way flyover... I know there is a B11 bus stop over the road yet have they inserted a crossing to make it easier to get over there?
    Get off the train, leave the station and go in the scabby arms for a few pints. When, and only when, the missed calls from the Mrs get into the 20’s walk over the road and get a cab home.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Sidcup is on the Bexley line, not the Bexleyheath line.
    Does not mean it's not affected. Trains are running slow and being cancelled still. Would keep an eye out on them as that's my line for work and the train conductor mentioned on my train today that they are running slow and a 20 minute journey took 35 minutes...
  • Options
    Asking for a friend...

With regards to Abbey Wood Station whats the deal with the exiting the Station at the moment if anyone gets off there of an evening?

i.e. I used to cross over the footbridge and come out what was the original exit, walk up towards Knee Hill and then wait for the B11 to come down from the flyover - Last time I was there though that option didnt seem to be available and I had to come out of the new exit on to Harrow Manor way flyover... I know there is a B11 bus stop over the road yet have they inserted a crossing to make it easier to get over there?
    Get off the train, leave the station and go in the scabby arms for a few pints. When, and only when, the missed calls from the Mrs get into the 20’s walk over the road and get a cab home.
    The lucky bugger has more sense than us... Is happily single and lives alone
  • Options
    Spent last 2 days getting a 96 bus and DLR, actually not too bad really, DLR is excellent, but sod that gonna work from home next 2 days 
  • Options
    people should actually fill out delay repay, if everyone actually claimed maybe it would give them a kick up the ass, ill be claiming for everyday this week at the rate of season ticket cost/46 i should get around £60.00 back so worth doing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    people should actually fill out delay repay, if everyone actually claimed maybe it would give them a kick up the ass, ill be claiming for everyday this week at the rate of season ticket cost/46 i should get around £60.00 back so worth doing. 
    Can you use it for Oyster?
  • Options
    Can you use it for Oyster?
    yes mate, i do my monthly travel on oyster and at end of week i will upload a scan of my monthly travelcard receipt and claim for the week, its a bit long winded but these fuckers need to pay and if everyone claimed they would soon start behaving themselves. 
  • Options
    Anything to do with the network,landslides, broken rails, points issues they  will reclaim the money of Network Rail.

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Anything to do with the network,landslides, broken rails, points issues they  will reclaim the money of Network Rail.

I believe they get the money from Network Rail regardless, so if you don't claim then they make an extra profit out of the disruption from keeping hold of what they should be handing over to us.

All the more reason to put a claim in so that the thieving scum don't make even more cash out of our misery. Unfortunately, for a lot of people, myself included, it's far too much hassle to go through the process of putting in a claim when all you're gonna get is about £1.70 back.
  • Options
    my usual trains are

barnehust 5.49am 

victoria 5.34pm

these trains are cancelled all week so surely that's a 2 hour + delay eachway which is a non argument case. 
  • Options
    Asking for a friend. With this line blocked, what is the quickest way from Central London to Bexleyheath town centre?
  • Options
    Asking for a friend. With this line blocked, what is the quickest way from Central London to Bexleyheath town centre?

Sidcup line to Bexley, then cab or bus.
  • Options
    I've never claimed anything on my annual gold card, is it a simple process and how do they pay you if you have an annual ticket?
  • Options

Train to Erith and then the 229 bus from Fraser Road to Bexleyheath.

Or the Bexley route advised above and the 229 from Bexley library in the opposite direction, to Bexleyheath.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never claimed anything on my annual gold card, is it a simple process and how do they pay you if you have an annual ticket?
    Honestly, its a pain in the arse.

There's an online form https://delayrepay.southeasternrailway.co.uk/customer-details once you've registered you have to log each leg of your journey, provide a scanned copy of your gold card with the photocard id reference (from memory) and input your bank details so they can eventually pay you in about 28 days time.  So many times I've gone to claim but I lose the will to live.

Realistically, given I get an annual zone 2-5 travelcard on Oyster travelling from Petts Wood on the Grove Park line, I assume I could claim for the disruption on the Bexleyheath line given its Zone 5.  I could say I was staying at my Mum's house.  Obviously not going to as I don't want to create bad karma but I bet someone does.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

There's an online form https://delayrepay.southeasternrailway.co.uk/customer-details once you've registered you have to log each leg of your journey, provide a scanned copy of your gold card with the photocard id reference (from memory) and input your bank details so they can eventually pay you in about 28 days time.  So many times I've gone to claim but I lose the will to live.

Realistically, given I get an annual zone 2-5 travelcard on Oyster travelling from Petts Wood on the Grove Park line, I assume I could claim for the disruption on the Bexleyheath line given its Zone 5.  I could say I was staying at my Mum's house.  Obviously not going to as I don't want to create bad karma but I bet someone does.
    you can upload your receipt once you have done this you can add multiple claims on. i get mine paid to paypal which i use as a bit of a savings pot

they work it out as the following;

How we calculate compensation

Ticket typeLength of delay
    30 - 59 mins1 hour - 1 hour 59 mins2 hours +
    Single50% of ticket price100% of ticket price100% of ticket price
    Return25% of ticket price50% of tickets price100% of ticket price
    Season50% of journey rate100% of journey rate200% of journey rate

Season ticket holders

As season tickets are valid for a period of time, compensation is based on the following journey rates.

Season ticket typeJourney rate
    AnnualPrice /464
    QuarterlyPrice /120
    MonthlyPrice /40
    WeeklyPrice /10
  • Options
    by using above table i should receive £123.30 back in compensation, although i am sure they will find some reason not to pay me back it is worth doing. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

you can upload your receipt once you have done this you can add multiple claims on. i get mine paid to paypal which i use as a bit of a savings pot

Season ticket holders

As season tickets are valid for a period of time, compensation is based on the following journey rates.

AnnualPrice /464
    QuarterlyPrice /120
    MonthlyPrice /40
    WeeklyPrice /10
    If it's a completely cancelled line, how can you decide on the length of delay?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Season ticket holders

AnnualPrice /464
    QuarterlyPrice /120
    MonthlyPrice /40
    WeeklyPrice /10
    i always put in 2 hours and hope for the best 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Season ticket holders

AnnualPrice /464
    QuarterlyPrice /120
    MonthlyPrice /40
    WeeklyPrice /10
    i always put in 2 hours and hope for the best 
    I assume they never question this and you've been succesful?

Last month I was putting in 30-59 minutes but my last I put 1 hour and got more for money. So guess it's worth a try for 2 hours.
  • Options
    Am at Lewisham and nothing going down Sidcup line, just saying delayed