Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Yeaaaa... Meeting friends at North Greenwich for a few drinks, film and laugh before the game today as they've not been to see Charlton for a good few years now (Me being married / kid just makes it harder for us to meet up and have a casual day like today)

Plan was to get the High Speed from Strood to Stratford and then tube down yet of course SouthEastern / Network Rail cant allow that can they

Goddamn signalling issues @ Gillingham have f**ked up the whole area down this way so going to have to piss about getting to Ebbsfleet and hope I can get the train from there

Just know this means that the Football isnt going to end well either today!!
  • Options
    God, I farking hate these tossers. 

That is all, brought to you exclusively live from a stationary positron halfway between new cross and London Bridge.
  • Options
    Who knows what the delay is today between New Cross and London Bridge as the driver ain’t saying sh*t. I pity the poor folks who have to get this service in everyday as it’s more late than on time whenever I use it.
  • Options
    Described at Lewisham as a “bridge strike”. A new one on me. 
  • Options
    I dont know why i do it.  On the odd occasion i decide to get on the southeastern as i find the seats a bit more comfier than the DLR's... until I'm then sat outside London Bridge and regret it.  

Useless shower of shite. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    AshBurton said:
    Described at Lewisham as a “bridge strike”. A new one on me. 
    Means a vehicle has hit a bridge......most likely a lorry.
  • Options
    High winds predicted for Tues/Wed this week, could cause some problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No could about it, they are probably planning to start services at midday tomorrow if at all.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    iaitch said:
    No could about it, they are probably planning to start services at midday tomorrow if at all.
    Yes agree with you....Hastings to London won't be much fun.
  • Options
    You’ll never believe it.....signalling problems at Lewisham. 
  • Options
    No trains between Tunbridge Wells & Hastings last night, today & very likely tomorrow due to a landslide near Wadhurst. 
  • Options
    You’ll never believe it.....signalling problems at Lewisham. 

Don't believe you.
  • Options
    No trains between Tunbridge Wells & Hastings last night, today & very likely tomorrow due to a landslide near Wadhurst. 
    Yep...it's been brilliant and due to creep into next week by all accounts.

By the time I get home later I'll have done nearly 5 hours commuting. 
  • Options
    Oh do I not miss my daily commute.
  • Options
    The good thing about recreating this for SouthEastern is it would be mostly red...

• Sponsored links:

• Options

So far this week I've been given (by SE staff):

- A costa voucher

- A bottle of water

- A small packet of mints

- A grunt from one of their staff at Lewisham when I said excuse me to him.

- A whiff of BO

- A loud whistle in the ear from 1 foot away

• Options
    I see there's been another landslip at Wadhurst.......
  • Options

- A costa voucher

- A bottle of water

Blimey, I might have to start commuting again..................
  • Options

- A costa voucher

- A bottle of water

I'd need a frontal rubdown every morning from a troupe of Brazilian strippers to make me actually look forward to getting on one of their decrepit mobile misery crates. 

4 months left til I get to ditch the thieving scum in favour of the decadent luxury of the DLR.  
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

- A costa voucher

- A bottle of water

I'd need a frontal rubdown every morning from a troupe of Brazilian strippers to make me actually look forward to getting on one of their decrepit mobile misery crates. 

4 months left til I get to ditch the thieving scum in favour of the decadent luxury of the DLR.  
    Can't wait to hear about the elbowing and fighting that goes on just to get the front seat ;-)
  • Options
    At Beckenham Junction yesterday and the train was late due to landslip. Train arrived but only stopped at Herne Hill and Victoria instead of all stations.

They used this excuse a couple of weeks ago. The only landslip I could find on their website was the one at Wadhurst but my trains start at Orpington or Bromley South.

Are they bullshitting everyone? 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Not Southeastern for a change, but a chance to give GWR their time in the spotlight...

Arrive at Slough station ('come friendly bombs...') at 5:30 on a Tuesday evening on my way to the Burton game, everything is "delayed" but no idea by how long. Southeastern have taught me this much, that is not a good sign...

Electrical failure between Reading - Paddington apparently, bad times, but my train is making some progress. At Reading it develops a 'fault', brilliant. Sits there for 30 minutes, I assume they've given up performing CPR on it at this point so will go for the next fast one as it's now approaching Reading as well.

Then comes the tannoy announcement: "We're sorry, the 18-something service to London Paddington is delayed due to a faulty train ahead of it" (or words to that effect). Fuuuu.... ok then. Ended up going to Windsor and catching a SW train to get around it.

Well, at least I can claim delay repay as I'm >1.5 hours late you'd think... but no, the claim was rejected due to "extreme" weather so the delay isn't in their control. So I send them a screenshot of the weather in Slough at that time - 6 degrees centigrade, 14mph winds and overcast, quite naturally questioning their definition of "extreme". They said that the wind caused the electrical failure... no mention of the unrelated faulty train and told that the case is closed, asking for my (expletive-ridden) feedback.

Subsequently I missed Taylor's pen and all of the 15minutes of actual football we played that game, although I did arrive just in time for their goal and deterioration in quality of the football - fortifying the belief of those around me's that I am in fact The Curse out of us.
  • Options
    That's a disgrace. I'd go back to them again and copy your MP in (and tell GWR that you've done so). If you can be bothered to make a nuisance of yourself you'll get that back easily.

Send it to that useless c*%t Grayling as well, see if he agrees with their definition extreme weather (bear in mind he'll probably have to get one of his staff to read any long words to him, so try and use shorter alternatives to "incompetent", "pathetic", "disgraceful", "f*!kwittery" and "slapheadtosser").