Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    The driver just pipped up with “crackle very slowly crackle “
  • Options
    edited February 2019

A fault with the signalling system between London Cannon Street and London Bridge is causing disruption between these stations. Trains may be cancelled, delayed or revised.

Disruption is expected until 16:00.

16:00 my arse!! If my train is running on time tonight I'll be stunned!
  • Options
    "UPDATE #CannonStreet: The signalling is now stable, but staff will remain on site and monitor for a while. Some trains will be altered or cancelled at short notice while we try and restore service to normal"

Restore service to normal - I thought short notice alterations and cancellations was normal service! 
  • Options
    This tropical heat will get the blame.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Six days without a post on this thread?! What? Southeastern have been crap as usual this week - where's the ranting?

However, getting back £53.40 in Delay Repay soon (via BACS, so apparently it'll take up to 14 days, which is grim). That is at least a bit of compensation for how shit their service is.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Six days without a post on this thread?! What? Southeastern have been crap as usual this week - where's the ranting?

However, getting back £53.40 in Delay Repay soon (via BACS, so apparently it'll take up to 14 days, which is grim). That is at least a bit of compensation for how shit their service is.
    That's something that pisses me off, the money leaves my account pretty sharpish. Why, in the golden age of telephony and high speed latency are we waiting up to 2 weeks to receive refunds 
  • Options
    Train arrived at London Bridge 4 minutes early this morning. 

Probably some commuters LB to Cannon Street fuming as the train left the platform just as they arrived. 
  • Options
    Just got £62 in compensation for the week without trains. Not sure what the hourly rate would be for the additional time it took to get in and out of work...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signalling problems on Sidcup line. Currrently taken 40 minutes fro Lewisham to Sidcup and stuck outside station. Good luck later
  • Options
    Current issues from Twitter:

Signal problem at New Eltham (SE Railway tweet)
    Disruptive passengers between Slade Green & Dartford (SE Railway tweet)
    Person hit by a train between Rainham & London Bridge (Thameslink tweet)

So all three lines to Dartford have problems. Good luck getting home! 

Also, SE Railway having issues with their Twitter account. 
  • Options
    The disruptive passengers were Duchatelet and his pals. Apparently they have been on a 24hr bender around SE London 
  • Options
    Fatality at Dartford apparently - bexleyheath line not moving 
  • Options
    Stuck on train at Cannon St, doesn't sound like we will be moving any time soon.
  • Options
    Just walked home from kidbrooke roads are pretty gridlocked too 
  • Options
    Bus carnage at Lewisham station. 
  • Options
    Line now reopen. Trains starting to move from CX although I suspect will be delays
  • Options
    Moving on bexheath line out of cannon st now too. 17.27 departed about 6.
  • Options
    Moving on bexheath line out of cannon st now too. 17.27 departed about 6.
    Yep, I was on that one. I have an alarm to wake me up at Welling. It went off on the platform at Cannon St...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delay Repay update   We wanted to let you know that your recent claim was successful

Thank you for claiming Delay Repay compensation for your journey during the week beginning 11 February. We know it was a difficult week for our Bexleyheath line passengers. To recognise this, we doubled your compensation amount for any claim you made on this line of route between Monday 11 and Friday 15 February. During that week services along your line were suspended due to a landslip between Barnehurst and Bexleyheath, which saw over 300 tonnes of debris and trees falling on to the railway. We know it’s frustrating when we have to close parts of the railway. Network Rail worked as quickly as possible to re-open the line but unfortunately the scale of the work involved meant that the line had to be closed for the entire week. Thank you for bearing with us.

View online

anyone else just had this email from SE Railway?

• Options

Delay Repay update

We wanted to let you know that your recent claim was successful

Southeastern

Thank you for claiming Delay Repay compensation for your journey during the week beginning 11 February.

We know it was a difficult week for our Bexleyheath line passengers. To recognise this, we doubled your compensation amount for any claim you made on this line of route between Monday 11 and Friday 15 February.

During that week services along your line were suspended due to a landslip between Barnehurst and Bexleyheath, which saw over 300 tonnes of debris and trees falling on to the railway.

We know it’s frustrating when we have to close parts of the railway. Network Rail worked as quickly as possible to re-open the line but unfortunately the scale of the work involved meant that the line had to be closed for the entire week.

Thank you for bearing with us.

View online

Follow Southeastern on Facebook

Follow Southeastern on YouTube

Follow Southeastern on Twitter

Follow Southeastern on Instagram

anyone else just had this email from SE Railway?

No, but I live in Kidbrooke, and I am now eagerly awaiting said email.
  • Options
    So I just rang their helpline and poor old Alex, bless him, has been had a go at non-stop.

No wonder he sounds bewildered, though, as he's based in the bloody East Midlands, and has precisely zero idea as to what hell we endure commuting in London every day.

I want my doubled Delay Repay and I want an email confirming all of this. Not too much to ask, given @Elthamaddick your email arrived unprompted.

Apparently my claims all went through as delays of 60-119 minutes rather than 2hrs+, because of technical difficulties, hence confusion.

They really do keep an iron grip on your money this lot. Muppets.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.
  • Options
    Thanks God for the signalling problems at Cannon St tonight...........stops this bad boy languishing on P3
  • Options
    All is forgiven. SE were handing out pre packed pancakes at our station yesterday, quite tasty actually.
  • Options
    All is forgiven. SE were handing out pre packed pancakes at our station yesterday, quite tasty actually.
    Suprised they weren’t a day late. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I like that they've chosen the biggest units in the squad too :joy:

• Options
    EastStand said:
    I like that they've chosen the biggest units in the squad too :joy:

Overcrowded platform after a South Eastern cock up, Sarr & Bauer standing in amongst a load of irate commuters, what could possibly go wrong