Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Nothing on the bexleyheath line due to a land slip 
    Nothing moving for some time on bheath line according to twitter 
    Shut all day. CONFIRMED.
  • Options
    Supposed to be at Paddington for 7.30 tomorrow morning. That promises to be a fun journey!
  • Options
    looks a fairly sizable land slip from the pics on twatter, what are the chances of it running tomorrow !
  • Options
    Due to the shambling incompetence (signal problems at Lewisham, quelle surprise) - and, in fairness, bad luck (landslip) - of Southeastern, I actually got to work 45 minutes early this morning.

This is because I was woken up by my flatmate calling me to tell me the trains were absolutely screwed/all cancelled on the Bexleyheath line (my local stop now being Kidbrooke), so he was coming back home to drive to Lee and try and get a train from there. Due to his granddad being an active member of the church next to Lee station, we were able to park there as an emergency favour.

We then got a train through Lee at circa 8.45* (an earlier, delayed, service). This train then bypassed Lewisham (good for us) because of the signalling situation. We got into London Bridge at about 9.05.

Absolutely bonkers.

*("Getting a train at 8.45 yet arriving to work 45 minutes early?!", some of you query. Well, yes. I start at 10am and finish at 7.30pm, thereby usually avoiding rush hour, which forces Southeastern to think outside the box for their excuses. They tend to just run late without explanation.)
  • Options
    gonna be a nice early leave today I reckon, DLR to woolwich and a 96 bus
  • Options

Come on! You could get a bus through there!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Gives them more of an excuse to cut down a whole embankment full of trees.
  • Options
    Don't need much of an excuse they've been cutting down loads of trees on the Orpington to Victoria line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    fear tonight will be absolute carnage getting home, they have cancelled all trains from victoria that were apparently meant to run down the bexley line which is handy. 

just looked they are currently running TWO TRAINS AN HOUR down the bexley line, surely this is going to lead to massive cramped conditions, surely part of the rail fare we pay should go towards repeat incidents like the landslide in the same place happening?. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, effing marvelous! Now have to get myself over to Sidcup to get on the 05.56 train. Assuming the 'ongoing signal problems in the Lewisham area' have been resolved by that point.

Can we have a special exemption from the swearing policy in this thread please Mods? You can't say Southeastern/Network Rail don't deserve it!
  • Options
    So why is the Bexleyheath line closed tomorrow?

Because of that sole tree?
  • Options
    its hard enough commuting into London with assholes on phones constantly, packed trains and now there is this, these wankers needs stripping of the franchise as they clearly cannot run in a fit for purpose way and the trains are in awful state compared to many other companies. 
  • Options
    "The line will remain closed for the rest of today, tomorrow (Tuesday) and possibly beyond"

Words fail me!
  • Options
    Compensation:
    You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.

"if you experience a delay" no shit sherlock
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    closed until the weekend as confirmed by network rail LOL 

a few trees and a small amount of dirt, im shocked.
  • Options
    Could also include the fact that about the only 4 car service on the network on Saturday is the one that gets to Charlton station at 1720. Proper brains trust.
  • Options
    closed until the weekend as confirmed by network rail LOL 

a few trees and a small amount of dirt, im shocked.

The above tweet (open for expanded thread) seems to indicate closure until the weekend, but it might yet re-open later this week depending on how clean-up goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how can it take most of a week to remove that? what are they using to clear it up? a tea spoon?!
  • Options
    issue at lewisham has happened again of course se are off with the blaming of network rail personally i would like to know my £3,000 a year goes towards the upkeep or these signals and trees, got to be on of the more comical days this mob have come out with it really is shockingly bad. 
  • Options
    So they knew it was a problem and it has happened before but rather than taking preventive measures they just shoved some sensors in the ground to let them know when it happens again. Nice work!
  • Options
    confirmed by south eastern that line is shut until the weekend. 

advising people to please use replacement buses. 
  • Options
    All lines from Victoria to Dartford are cancelled. Why can't they just divert the Welling trains via Sidcup atleast! Awful service.
  • Options
    Paddy, that's not a very nice thing to call someone is it.   

• Options
    One whole line closed and they STILL can’t run services on time.
  • Options
    last night wasnt actually too bad jumped on a dartford train that was semi fast 

charing x - waterloo - l bridge - lewisham - charlton - slade green - dartford. 

empty carriage sat in 1st class, gets to dartford and they made me tap out so got charged from the boundary of zone 6 to dartford, will wait until end of week then just do a 2 hr delay for to and from work each day, which they will no doubt decline - wankers
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Asking for a friend...

With regards to Abbey Wood Station whats the deal with the exiting the Station at the moment if anyone gets off there of an evening?

i.e. I used to cross over the footbridge and come out what was the original exit, walk up towards Knee Hill and then wait for the B11 to come down from the flyover - Last time I was there though that option didnt seem to be available and I had to come out of the new exit on to Harrow Manor way flyover... I know there is a B11 bus stop over the road yet have they inserted a crossing to make it easier to get over there?