Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

Not SER, but you will like this one I think. I am right now at Ebbsfleet, sitting on a Eurostar. It arrived a few minutes late, and we were then told that it would wait here a few minutes , because there was a problem with a passenger. That was at 9.45. Ten minutes later, they updated. They were waiting for the police - explicitly not ambulance - to come and take the passenger away. They just now said that they are still waiting for plod to actually arrive.

You have to suppose, that the passenger is not wielding a knife or a gun, and that this is the reason why plod are taking their time at 10.00 on a Saturday morning. But it's slightly concerning that they cannot get to a strategically important site like this a bit quicker.

Update, 10.09, they have arrived now. I make that almost half an hour to respond.

The nearest police station is 1.2 miles away.
  • Options
    But the roads maybe icy and have speed restrictions or perhaps arresting someone for calling somebody a naughty word.
  • Options
    They might have had to pack away their speed guns first and then stop at the café on the way.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

But the roads maybe icy and have speed restrictions or perhaps arresting someone for calling somebody a naughty word.

The roads are just fine. My sister drove me down the A2 from Eltham.

I am really surprised that they don't have transport police actually at the station.

Fortunately I have 3 hours connection time in Paris, but some people will already be shafted. We don't know what was with the passenger, presumably just drunk, a heroic effort on a train departing London around 09.30. But I thought this country was supposed to be permanently on a state of high alert?
  • Options
    Half an hour isn’t too bad. See how long it takes when you report a break in at your elderly neighbours.
  • Options
    Passenger was in coach 9. Turns out it is indeed the bar car, and the steward is French...
  • Options
    Passenger was in coach 9. Turns out it is indeed the bar car, and the steward is French...
  • Options

You're posting twice Prague! How many have you had??? :wink:

No more coach 9 for you today!!!

Don't get me started.
    It's the sodding wifi. Not only does it not work, it seems to screw up the LTE if you switch out of wifi. At Ebbsfleet I bought the eBook rough guide to Paris. Been trying to get the download finished ever since. I' m less than an hour from Paris, FFS.

Ah well, first world problems. I'll just wander around and see if I can find some gilets jaunes :-)

• Options
    Trespasser on the lines at Charlton, good luck to anyone going home that way, as inevitably it'll take 3 hours to clear, by which time Lewisham would have had a signal fault.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The list of excuses has come full circle and we're back on the trespasser one again.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    There's something on the news at the moment of body camera footage of SE railway staff getting death threats and physical abuse from punters. No matter how bad the service can be there's no need for any of that.

Pretty grim.
  • Options

There's something on the news at the moment of body camera footage of SE railway staff getting death threats and physical abuse from punters. No matter how bad the service can be there's no need for any of that.

Pretty grim.

The bloke (Danny) jumping the bridge was at Plumstead,
  • Options

Pretty grim.

The bloke (Danny) jumping the bridge was at Plumstead,
    Most of the rest was at Victoria.
  • Options
    Just got an email from them advising that:-

Good news! SE Motion is now available across all our services.

We are excited to be the first transport operator in the UK to offer Prime Original shows and Kobo books to our passengers.

Pity they can't give their trains a bit more motion!!
  • Options
    I came into work today and yesterday on SouthEastern. Trains on time, no crush and not too hot. Lovely.
    I recommend the 10.30ish from Plumstead to London Bridge.
    Then the tube to Angel was brilliant as well, as was the 73 to Stoke Newington.
    All in all lovely commutes.
    ;-)
  • Options
    Unexploded bomb found next to Rochester station, trains running through without stopping but odds on it'll cause problems in the rush hour!
  • Options
    Wilma said:

Unexploded bomb found next to Rochester station, trains running through without stopping but odds on it'll cause problems in the rush hour!

They'll probably run their winter timetable just in case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute bag of sh** service. 
  • Options
    Unexploded bomb service?
  • Options
    Southeastern have just announced that due to the possibility of maybe finding a WW2 bomb within 20 miles from a train track (possibly even in the southeast), they are going to run a Sunday service with all carriage lengths being reduced to just 4 until further notice.
  • Options
    Southeastern have just announced that due to the possibility of maybe finding a WW2 bomb within 20 miles from a train track (possibly even in the southeast), they are going to run a Sunday service with all carriage lengths being reduced to just 4 until further notice.
    I'm so hoping this is a joke  :D
  • Options
    Stealing pile of sewage service for the return journey. 
  • Options
    Nothing on the bexleyheath line due to a land slip 
  • Options
    Signalling problems at Lewisham as well...
  • Options
    Nothing on the bexleyheath line due to a land slip 
    Nothing moving for some time on bheath line according to twitter 
  • Options
    Signalling problems at Lewisham as well...
    What a surprise!
  • Options
    Work from home day