Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

This one's for you Mike:

Roses are Red, Violets are blue
    Between 7am and 10am this morning
    21 out of 22 Cannon Street "services" departed late from St Johns
    Despite the fact that it's a nice sunny day, the points and signals at Lewisham are working absolutely fine
    And there haven't been any "passenger incidents"
    Basically, there is absolutely no justification for yet again running an absolutely piss poor service
    3 days out of 3 this week they've been utterly diabolical
    When (if) I get home this evening, I'm going to fetch my voodoo dolls of Chris Grayling, Minister for Transport, and South Eastern CEO David Statham from the kitchen drawer
    Then I'm going to douse their legs in lighter fluid, then I'm going to set fire to them
    While their legs are on fire, I'm going to feed their heads and upper bodies into my paper shredder.

Difficult to get a decent working voodoo doll of Chris Grayling. You need to use a part of him to bind the doll and as it’s failing Grayling, the doll often fails.

Interested to hear how you managed it. You must have found something about him that isn’t a failure and I can’t think at all what that may be.
  • Options
    Winter Timetable (otherwise know as "we'll make it up as we go along") coming into place Friday folks...…..
  • Options
    A Southeastern spokesman said: “Train heating is controlled by thermostats on each individual train and is set by our engineering depots. We advise passengers to contact us if they are on board one of our services and have concerns about the level of heating.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/southeastern-train-passengers-‘passed-out’-after-heating-turned-up-in-cold-snap/ar-BBSWwyP?li=BBoPWjQ
  • Options

Winter Timetable (otherwise know as "we'll make it up as we go along") coming into place Friday folks...…..

Checked the Met Forecast for various locations across Kent, there's barely any snow forecast at all, lazy tossers. Must be a special offer on PG Tips and Rich Tea biscuits this week.
  • Options

No services to or from Cannon Street and Dartford, so any City workers are shafted. Slade Green and Barnehurst have a better service in this Winter timetable than Dartford, despite Dartford commuters paying higher fares!
  • Options

A Southeastern spokesman said: “Train heating is controlled by thermostats on each individual train and is set by our engineering depots. We advise passengers to contact us if they are on board one of our services and have concerns about the level of heating.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/southeastern-train-passengers-‘passed-out’-after-heating-turned-up-in-cold-snap/ar-BBSWwyP?li=BBoPWjQ

I'm assuming these are the people that refuse to even loosen their scarves, let alone undo coats or take off gloves?

It does get hot on the train, but you can take off your coats/hats/scarves/gloves and it's manageable.
  • Options

Remember that from last year. It's pathetic.
    Wilma said:

I'm assuming these are the people that refuse to even loosen their scarves, let alone undo coats or take off gloves?

It does get hot on the train, but you can take off your coats/hats/scarves/gloves and it's manageable.
    Most of the trains I get on are so overcrowded there's barely even room to swing an ant's cock, let alone start stripping off. And that's beside the point anyway - this is the 21st century - if it's too cold in my house/car, I turn the heating up. If it's too hot then I turn it down. There and then. It's pathetic that their trains are so old and decrepit that they have to guess at the depot what sort of temperature we might like to travel in that day, and if they get it wrong there's nothing they can do about it until they've spent an entire day boiling us alive and got the train back to the yard.
  • Options
    ‘Slip you a length’ is an under used phrase, well done @Macronate well done indeed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they honestly are the biggest load of cunts going, how the fuck can they enforce a winter timetable without any snowfall, the firm is a joke
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Why do we change the timetable?
    When the mercury plummets, even the lightest dusting of snow or rain can freeze and insulate the electric rail. This cuts power to our trains and stops them moving with any speed. By running the Winter Weather Timetable we enable trains to stop and start less which means they are less likely to get stuck.

they are still running trains in chicago which is experiencing temperatures of -35

yakutsk in russia the coldest city in the world -58 still manages to operate flights, yet south eastern need to wind up thousands of cummuters by introducing these ridiculous measures - fucking knobs

also what is quite funny is the irate office workers some of which may be able to work from home, how are manual workers meant to work from home - most of which are self employed so wont earn a wage for that day, but south eastern keep hiking the fares up - i dont know of any other industry that fails worse every year yet still increases its costs.
  • Options

Why do we change the timetable?
    When the mercury plummets, even the lightest dusting of snow or rain can freeze and insulate the electric rail. This cuts power to our trains and stops them moving with any speed. By running the Winter Weather Timetable we enable trains to stop and start less which means they are less likely to get stuck.

they are still running trains in chicago which is experiencing temperatures of -35

yakutsk in russia the coldest city in the world -58 still manages to operate flights, yet south eastern need to wind up thousands of cummuters by introducing these ridiculous measures - fucking knobs

also what is quite funny is the irate office workers some of which may be able to work from home, how are manual workers meant to work from home - most of which are self employed so wont earn a wage for that day, but south eastern keep hiking the fares up - i dont know of any other industry that fails worse every year yet still increases its costs.

Spot on mate. Wintery weather in Winter once again takes South Eastern completely by surprise.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    The winter timetable is basically 2 trains an hour into or out of Cannon St and the same in and out of Charing Cross. In rush hour. As opposed to the 8 that normally run (badly).

What's the word I'm looking for here? Starts with a c.....
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

The winter timetable is basically 2 trains an hour into or out of Cannon St and the same in and out of Charing Cross. In rush hour. As opposed to the 8 that normally run (badly).

Wouldn't be such a huge problem if the average commuter hibernated for 3 months of the year.....
  • Options
    They would still screw it up with no commuters.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Wouldn't be such a huge problem if the average commuter hibernated for 3 months of the year.....
    It's a good idea. Works for the staff so why not the passengers.
  • Options
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The toilets are broke
    I need a poo.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Remember that from last year. It's pathetic.
    Wilma said:

Most of the trains I get on are so overcrowded there's barely even room to swing an ant's cock, let alone start stripping off. And that's beside the point anyway - this is the 21st century - if it's too cold in my house/car, I turn the heating up. If it's too hot then I turn it down. There and then. It's pathetic that their trains are so old and decrepit that they have to guess at the depot what sort of temperature we might like to travel in that day, and if they get it wrong there's nothing they can do about it until they've spent an entire day boiling us alive and got the train back to the yard.
    Train driver the other day told us he turns off the heating when the train gets full because otherwise it gets too hot.

So the driver may not be able to adjust the temperature in each carriage but he must have an off button.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very surprised to read that there are signalling problems between Hither Green and Lewisham this morning.
  • Options
    When is their licence up for renewal?
  • Options
    my usual 5.48 train from barnehurst to victoria ran on time and heating working apart from 1 carriage which the driver told everyone at every stop
  • Options
    Trains on Orpington line not stopping at Lewisham
  • Options

Very surprised to read that there are signalling problems between Hither Green and Lewisham this morning.

I'm shocked!
  • Options
    I used to travel from ken t to London over 20 years ago
    Seems nothing has changed 😂
  • Options
    Train cancelled this morning. And we're not even on the winter timetable yet.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

National Rail are responsible for the infrastructure and not South Eastern.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

iaitch said:

National Rail are responsible for the infrastructure and not South Eastern.
    Anyone feels like complaining, the CEO of Network Rail is Andrew Haines - andrew.haines@networkrail.co.uk
  • Options

Trains on Orpington line not stopping at Lewisham

They are trying but the rails are too slippy :wink: