Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Eagles rumoured to be joining on loan (2014)

Comments

• Options
    oh, he is not beating about the bush with his criticism there.

"play some football, which he didn’t take up"

• Options

F*ck him, another lazy c*nt happy to pick up huge wages for doing nothing. Didn't even make the Bolton bench at the weekend.

Don't beat about the bush, say what you really think

: - )

• Options
    NO EAGLES AT CHARLTON.

Should be in the Club's constituion.
  • Options
    What a waste of real talent. He could have been a very good signing. I have always rated him.
    And yet footballers are always saying they have short careers. Don't make sense to me, he could have played for us, done well and earned a new contract!!............Mad.
  • Options
    We already have one Bolton player that doesn't want to be here.
    Thanks heavens we didn't get another.

I can't stress it enough, that in 40+ years of watching CAFC, only players that WANT TO PLAY FOR US have ever been successful - you can probably name plenty yourself but Rufus/Brown/Kiely/Jacko/Yann all spring to mind.

On the opposite side of the coin are the so-called "journeyman" footballers who are looking at the cash over and above any other consideration: and I know we can all name several of those from the CAFC past.
  • Options
    Dodged a bullet with this bird. Doogie's comments about training & sulking v getting back into contention are pretty unequivocal. We might not yet know whether Petrucci is gonna help us stay up but we're as sure as we need to be that eagles wouldn't have. £30k per week? FFS! Sodall on about £20k. Whoever does the contracts at Bolton must surely have been relieved of his duties, mustn't they?
  • Options
    phil gartside is a law unto himself. i imagine he had an active role in these post-premiership contracts, chasing the dream of going back up. now much more likely to go down in the future, although i think freedman is a good manager the squad is still totally lop-sided
  • Options

Dodged a bullet with this bird. Doogie's comments about training & sulking v getting back into contention are pretty unequivocal. We might not yet know whether Petrucci is gonna help us stay up but we're as sure as we need to be that eagles wouldn't have. £30k per week? FFS! Sodall on about £20k. Whoever does the contracts at Bolton must surely have been relieved of his duties, mustn't they?

That is crazy that Sordell is on 20k a week. How much of that are we paying?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

That is crazy that Sordell is on 20k a week. How much of that are we paying?
    If it's anymore than £2 we should demand a refund.

• Options
    To be paying wages like that, bolton must be well minted................oh, hang on..............
  • Options
    They have the 4th most debt in world football with over $250m owed
  • Options
    I saw him play many times for Burnley.

Great touch, moments of great skill and a good one on one finisher. He was a player who could get you out of your seat.

He didn't, however, contribute 40% of the time and there were many matches he disappeared. This is why he didn't make it at United, Why he wasn't an ever present at Burnley and why he isn't still in the Premier League.

If I was putting a team together to achieve in the championship I wouldn't include him.

• Options

F*ck him, another lazy c*nt happy to pick up huge wages for doing nothing. Didn't even make the Bolton bench at the weekend.

Just out of interest, how is writing F*ck any different from Fuck? (Smartarse comments of "one's got an asterisk, one's got a 'u', aren't required.) Everyone knows what you mean, so why the obfuscation?
  • Options
    Last season he played for Bolton against us at the Reebok (if that's still the Bolton stadium's moniker) and it seemed that Freedman had built his midfield around Eagles .. how times change .. but now the eagle has landed .. on the top of Blackpool Tower ?
  • Options

Just out of interest, how is writing F*ck any different from Fuck? (Smartarse comments of "one's got an asterisk, one's got a 'u', aren't required.) Everyone knows what you mean, so why the obfuscation?
    Is that a swear word?

• Options
    edited November 2014

Just out of interest, how is writing F*ck any different from Fuck? (Smartarse comments of "one's got an asterisk, one's got a 'u', aren't required.) Everyone knows what you mean, so why the ob fuc ation?
    Is that a swear word?

Now it is.

Sorry, that's really very childish of me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is that a swear word?

Chris E***es is.
  • Options
    Back on topic.......I think that this and other examples show that a player can quickly drop down. To be honest, a drop from being at the heart of Bolton's midfield to Blackpool is not a massive drop. There have been plenty of other examples of bigger drops - Danny Haynes has been mentioned on another thread, for example. It shows that being a footballer is a competitive career choice and it's no wonder that players take opportunities as they come. The path downwards can be quick, especially for misguided players who think they are worth more than they really are.
  • Options
    we don't want anyone with the name "eagles"
  • Options

Is that a swear word?

Please! Some decorum. Save our children from corruption by writing it obf*scation.
  • Options
    Hopefully the other Eagles will fall from grace just as quick.
  • Options

NO EAGLES AT CHARLTON.

Should be in the Club's constituion.

Agreed totally
  • Options

Unless I've had more than two pints. Then: bring it on....m****erf*****er.

Counting the asterisks, I'm desperately trying to work out what you're saying there....
    "moisterfrencher"?

I can only assume that's someone who provides a saliva-heavy snog.
    Count me out.

:-P
    I thought it was a Monster Fingerer, which could either be someone with very fat digits or someone who's not fussy at all.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Unless I've had more than two pints. Then: bring it on....m****erf*****er.

Counting the asterisks, I'm desperately trying to work out what you're saying there....
    "moisterfrencher"?

I can only assume that's someone who provides a saliva-heavy snog.
    Count me out.

:-P
    I thought it was a Monster Fingerer, which could either be someone with very fat digits or someone who's not fussy at all.
    Correct. "Bring it on, MonsterFingerer" was the right answer to this weeks "Asterisk Obscenity" puzzle. You win one surprise monster fingering!