Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Eagles rumoured to be joining on loan (2014)

Comments

• Options

@SilentAddick‌ , @queensland_addick‌

Have you stopped to consider the effect of this on the other players, especially if Eagles fails to singlehanded destroy every team he faces in this magical six weeks?

Firstly, I don't think he'll be on anything like 30K a week at Charlton. Secondly, even if he is, RD is worth half a billion, so I don't think it's such a big deal for a man of his means. Thirdly, there can be nothing more sole destroying for a team than to play well, week in week out, only to lose by the odd goal because you find it impossible to score yourselves. If Eagles can help to get them more win bonuses and perhaps Premier League contracts, then I don't thing they'll be complaining too much. Having said that, I don't think Eagles will be a world beater, but his quality may well be the difference between us scoring a few vital goals and staying up, or failing to score enough goals and being relegated.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Going to be an interesting 9 hours before the deadline, a local Bolton newspaper has more detail below about his injuries that have hampered his appearances this season the last one being an eye injury in February after the Millwall game. @PragueAddick makes an interesting point about the possible damaging effect on the rest of the team, how much he is being paid but that's not his fault and we don't know whether we have offered to pick up all or a percentage of the bill only. If and or when he signs permanently ie in the close season, that will be when wage structures will come into their own at the club especially if RD wants decent signings for a push towards the promised land. CE has also owned a Lamborghini and a Bentley Continental as you might expect :-0
    http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/boltonsport/11104531._/?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    His wages were agreed as a prem player at burnley

Bolton then pissed loads up the wall to buy the dream

His next wages deal won't be half of his last all players are aware that outside the prem FFP is affecting wages

Let's see what happens there's conflicting reports as to the validity of the deal so it may be just hot air and bollox
  • Options

the most staggering thing about this thread is that it is reported that Eagles wage is £30,000/week. And some people here are OK with that. Have you lost your minds??

To remind you, 30k/week is twice as much as what Bournemouth are paying Yann.

It is also the entire wage bill of at least one club which has played in the group stage of the UCL this year.

And you can bet your life Roland Duchatelet knows that second point very well. It's central to his thinking.

Couldn't agree more. To put it in context, that's the quivalent to the revenue of 6,240 season tickets at £250 each. If Bolton (average attendance about 15K) really are paying that much for a player not even in their first team, it just says volumes about the financial state that championship football is in.

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Can't believe Bolton are paying him 50k and a new born baby to offer up to the 7 Gods every week!

£60k pw seems a little bit too much but that is just my opinion
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Can't believe Bolton are paying him 50k and a new born baby to offer up to the 7 Gods every week!

£60k pw seems a little bit too much but that is just my opinion
    70 grand? The world has gone mad!
  • Options
    Inflation is rife these days.
  • Options
    Where Eagles Dare. Great thread book.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quote from the Bolton news.

Wanderers would be keen to take some of Eagles’ wages off the bill as they look into deals for Lee Peltier and Alan Hutton, although the final decision will rest with the player himself.

So it will not be 50, 60, 70 or even 80 thousand pounds per week. It will be considerably less. Personally I can't see this one happening.
  • Options
    90k a week? That's worse than spending £2.5m on Jeffers!
  • Options
    I'm sceptical this will get done although I would like to see Eagles join us .Although he gets a lot of stick on here from time to time, Cawley is normally quite a reliable source. The local Bolton Journo yesterday was also saying a deal was unlikely.

My experience of Vital Football is that their network is patchy.At some clubs they are as up to date and could be relied on at others they basically rehash other stories ,which in some cases might be a couple of hours out of date. I do not know which category their Bolton network would be.

Either way we will know by 5pm.
  • Options

2.5 million a week, that's just crazy!
  • Options

I heard that with add ons it was closer to £100k pw. Silly money but we've offered to pay only part of that.
  • Options

I heard that with add ons it was closer to £100k pw. Silly money but we've offered to pay only part of that.
    What the first £1,500 a week? ;-)
  • Options
    I fear he will be heading to Derby and then score the winner against us this weekend. Glass half empty this morning
  • Options
    Well we aint that attractive but if he would rather sit in the stands than play football he can do one

Madness. Total . Surely by letting the football world know your choice is to sit it out and take your bunce you are negatively affecting your chances in the summer. Bolton paper reports its injuries but its more likely to be the contractual provision of the auto extention at the mega money that means Bolton dont want trigger it. like the Yann situation but in reverse.

however, id expect that he does move somewhere. but probably not us.

agree with NLA that his next deal wont even be half the reported 30K a week, especially if he does just sit out the rest of the season.

• Options

For a player out of contract in the summer, a loan brings with it the risk of a career effecting injury as well as the chance of a contract. In balance he should look to play but there are cons as well as pros to playing.
  • Options

For a player out of contract in the summer, a loan brings with it the risk of a career effecting injury as well as the chance of a contract. In balance he should look to play but there are cons as well as pros to playing.

Agree pros and cons but i think the pros to playing far outweigh the cons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Especially considering the state of our pitch
  • Options
    Bottom line is, if Eagles can help us to stay up it will be worth the outlay, even at something like £15k or £20k per week. As for the other players - they know as well as we do that we need more creativity out wide and will be desperate not to go down. They would welcome him and any other higher quality signings with open arms in my opinion. (Maybe not Danny G of course!).
  • Options

The news filtering through that he wants pay parity with Rooney on 300k pw might just put an end to any hopes of a deal
  • Options
    Jints said:

the most staggering thing about this thread is that it is reported that Eagles wage is £30,000/week. And some people here are OK with that. Have you lost your minds??

To remind you, 30k/week is twice as much as what Bournemouth are paying Yann.

It is also the entire wage bill of at least one club which has played in the group stage of the UCL this year.

And you can bet your life Roland Duchatelet knows that second point very well. It's central to his thinking.

Couldn't agree more. To put it in context, that's the quivalent to the revenue of 6,240 season tickets at £250 each. If Bolton (average attendance about 15K) really are paying that much for a player not even in their first team, it just says volumes about the financial state that championship football is in.

Good point and it's even worse than that: season ticket at £250 includes £41.67 VAT which the clubs have to pay away and wages of £30,000 pw attracts employer's NI on top of £4120 pw
    which equates to at least 8516 season tickets at £250 face value
  • Options

Agree pros and cons but i think the pros to playing far outweigh the cons
    On £30k/wk he can afford the best pros that london has to offer and even afford to get conned a few times too.
  • Options

The news filtering through that he wants pay parity with Rooney on 300k pw might just put an end to any hopes of a deal
    According to SSN, he wants 75% of any revenue made by the new Crossbars deals. But only if people buy tickets in blocks E, F and A. On a Thursday.
  • Options
    I think if we could afford 30k a week we wouldn't be in this position because we would have signed someone else up already. Theres a lot of good players out there who would play for us for that. In fact we could have got three for 10k a week each I reckon. Based on my vast experience of the player recruitment market, you understand.
  • Options
    Andy Robinson signs for Bolton from Southampton, midfielder.
  • Options

Andy Robinson signs for Bolton from Southampton, midfielder.

Played a game on trial for us did he not?

• Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 54m
    Bolton boss Dougie Freedman confirms our story last week that Chris Eagles turned down a loan move to #cafc.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 54m
    DF: "There was a Charlton phone call and we said to him he could go and speak with them and play some football, which he didn’t take up.”
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More