Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Eagles rumoured to be joining on loan (2014)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    @FannyFanackapan said 'Sounds like my kind of player....:-)'

I still can't work out why that Bolton poster keeps calling for you Fanny, doesn't he know you'll always be ours :0)
  • Options
    Where/Will Eagles Dare .. he had a good game against us at the Reebok .. played as much in midfield as out wide .. he's injury prone and inconsistent but on his day a very dangerous player .. not sure that he's a long term solution to our midfield weakness but he could do a job in the short term .. but on the valley mud ?
  • Options

Why are you hung up on what a player earns. I could understand it if we were going bust but not now. I am more concerned that we get the quality in and leave the financials to the owner.

My concern is if we invest too much in a player this year will it impact how much we inest in the team next year?

We need to stay up and a player of Eagles quality will help. But next year we will also need to invest in players who can keep us up. If RD can finance both then great I just don't want a short term fix to sink us in the long term.
  • Options
    30k a week for Eagles, no wonder football clubs are going broke.
    It's a no from me.
  • Options

30k a week for Eagles, no wonder football clubs are going broke.
    It's a no from me.

Stick with Green then :(
  • Options
    We need a winger. He's a good one.
  • Options
    Eagles good signing for right wing / midfield. Another forward looking player. It could be a great help in sustaining the fight against relegation. Will get plenty of game time as Eagles would be the best quality player in this position at the club.
  • Options
    Believe it when it happens.
  • Options
    £30,000 a week for a couple of months is a hell of a lot less than relegation would cost us, and that's still a very real threat. If we can improve our team in the short term then we should.

Yet to see any rumours about it away from this thread though, hope it's a goer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I don't understand is why players as good as these are not in their own club's first team.

He looks a good player, why is he not playing?
  • Options

What I don't understand is why players as good as these are not in their own club's first team.

one more game triggers an automatic two year contract extension on 30k pw ;-))

• Options
    Just saw Cawley tweeted about it. Good news, hope he joins
  • Options

one more game triggers an automatic two year contract extension on 30k pw ;-))

Yes, I hadn't thought of that.
  • Options
    We have been here so many times before with the clubs agreeing and then the players turning us down that I won't get enthused until its in the bag and on the OS
  • Options
    Derby are also interested in Eagles.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well apparently he was at the training ground yesterday morning and travelled with the squad yesterday. I'd say we are in pole position.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Derby are also interested in Eagles.

I had heard that too. Chris relegation threatened crap pitch Charlton want you or promotion chasing - you could go to Wembley - Derby want you .. your choice!

Hope Derby don't want to pay the full wack!!

• Options
    Is strange that Derby are interested and is almost a bit of a replica rumour to that of Simon Church going to Derby or Brighton himself.

Charlton and Bolton are both in a relegation scrap (us more than Bolton) so as Kings Hill Addick says why would Derby want to sign Chris Eagles if the latter cant even get into a side that is battling for survival?

Maybe we're just looking it that way with tunnel vision and the Managers can see where he'd fit into a system etc... either that or could be a simple case where Bolton just cant afford to play him i.e. Eagles might be on £30k but only gets that if he's playing (whilst he isnt he gets £10k for example)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I doubt we will pay the full wack - If we pay half of it aand Bolton don't need him - they save more than if they keep him!
  • Options
    Sign him up.
  • Options

Is strange that Derby are interested and is almost a bit of a replica rumour to that of Simon Church going to Derby or Brighton himself.

Charlton and Bolton are both in a relegation scrap (us more than Bolton) so as Kings Hill Addick says why would Derby want to sign Chris Eagles if the latter cant even get into a side that is battling for survival?

Maybe we're just looking it that way with tunnel vision and the Managers can see where he'd fit into a system etc... either that or could be a simple case where Bolton just cant afford to play him i.e. Eagles might be on £30k but only gets that if he's playing (whilst he isnt he gets £10k for example)

Probably the same reason Morrison couldn't get a game for Wendies in L1 and Yann is a one-man wrecking crew in this division in any shirt but a Leicester one. Some players just don't suit a manager's style or stop meshing well with a club. I'm guessing that's happened and Bolton and they're keen to get his wages of their books, but he could well flourish with a fresh start. I hope that's the case, he might just be like Titus Bramble, inexplicably attracting new clubs eager to see him spaff clearances out for corners and hammer home own goals off his gigantic head. Let's hope it's the first one
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Fall from Grace from what leaving Bolton? Yer alright m8
    Not aimed at you Callum but the tweet
  • Options

Fall from Grace from what leaving Bolton? Yer alright m8
    Not aimed at you Callum but the tweet

Think the bloke means as in he was their star last season and bombed out this.

• Options

Well apparently he was at the training ground yesterday morning and travelled with the squad yesterday. I'd say we are in pole position.

To give him a lift to Pride Park.
  • Options
    i reckon it's a contract issue
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@FannyFanackapan said 'Sounds like my kind of player....:-)'

I still can't work out why that Bolton poster keeps calling for you Fanny, doesn't he know you'll always be ours :0)

Aw, shucks, RC !

" Charlton's very own Fanny!"

Has a nice ring to it .....