Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Eagles rumoured to be joining on loan (2014)

Comments

• Has this rumour been started by Reams?

Reams doesn't do rumours. He posts complete facts it's just that usually sometimes things change.

• Cawley has tweeted this .

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1h
    Sounds like Eagles is keen to move back nearer to his family in Hertfordshire. Can play right across the frontline.

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1h
    Sounds like Eagles is keen to move back nearer to his family in Hertfordshire. Can play right across the frontline.

total inside knowledge of the deal beyond what is in this thread - NIL

• cfgs said:

Fall from Grace from what leaving Bolton? Yer alright m8
    Not aimed at you Callum but the tweet

Think the bloke means as in he was their star last season and bombed out this.

He better mean that otherwise im on twitter m8 gonna give it:
    You want shum, i'll give it to ya.
    Your playing shit and youve got no fans and your a w@nker.

See how he likes that!
    I think he has to understand it before he can like or dislike it.
  • cfgs said:

Fall from Grace from what leaving Bolton? Yer alright m8
    Not aimed at you Callum but the tweet

Think the bloke means as in he was their star last season and bombed out this.

He better mean that otherwise im on twitter m8 gonna give it:
    You want shum, i'll give it to ya.
    Your playing shit and youve got no fans and your a w@nker.

See how he likes that!
    I think he has to understand it before he can like or dislike it.
    you want shum too!!
  • Cawley says he's not coming now.
  • i can't see why he went with us to Nottingham if he wasn't interested in coming to us.
  • Not having much luck getting players in.
  • This is such a big year to stay up. You can see the team being transformed if we are in the champ next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Madz said:

i can't see why he went with us to Nottingham if he wasn't interested in coming to us.

He saw that we were so good that he wouldn't be able to get into the team :-)
  • And so it goes:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m

#cafc interested in signing Man Utd midfielder Davide Petrucci
  • Seems we're interested in everyone and something falling through, something's not quite right behind the scenes...
  • All these players turning us down can flock off. They'll see what they are missing next season when we are right up there in the Championship paying good dollar.
  • Players not wanting to come to us- could it just not be that we are in a relegation scrap and players won't want a relegation on their CV . Mind you didn't seem to do Herman Heraiderson any harm!
  • Things look rosy if we stay up this season, which makes it very frustrating that we can't seem to attract the better players despite being prepared to shell out.
  • I do think we're going for a higher quality of loan now though to what we're used to last season ect , eagles , boateng, Wickham or hulse , seaborne. So there's more chance were gonna get turned down.
  • Seems we're interested in everyone and something falling through, something's not quite right behind the scenes...

Talk about reading between the lines. A little over a week ago and the majority of people on here thought that the club was a complete basketcase. Perhaps that's what the players still sees because they do not know what is happening behind the scenes.
    Admittedly it is up to the club to sell themselves and to point out that we are going in the right direction but ultimately the player will believe what he wants to believe

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Seems we're interested in everyone and something falling through, something's not quite right behind the scenes...

Talk about reading between the lines. A little over a week ago and the majority of people on here thought that the club was a complete basketcase. Perhaps that's what the players still sees because they do not know what is happening behind the scenes.
    Admittedly it is up to the club to sell themselves and to point out that we are going in the right direction but ultimately the player will believe what he wants to believe

I know of 6 players that we have been prepared to pay OK money fo, either a large portion of wages or the complete sum, and none have put pen to paper. Whether we are setting are goals too high, or there is problems behind the scenes.. there's something. To be fair if you look at our history with loans it's not bright, they do not often get 90 minutes, and 90% of them fizzle out, players and their agents don't want that happening.
  • Lets move forward and stop saying if only
  • Yeah would be more surprised if he wanted to join us to be honest, relegation battle, bad pitch and have to relocate for only a couple of months with no guarantee of staying any longer.
  • I understand why he is thinking about it. Hopefully he will see that putting himself in the shop window is a good thing and he will be closer to his family.

If he sees the type of club we are, perhaps he may want to stay.

Having his skills and not playing in a first team is such a waste.

Oh come on mate.....

Perhaps players are turning us down because they don't wanna get dragged into a relegation fight on a cow field. That's for all to see, not behind the scenes.

Footballers on loan come to play football, the sport most of them love, regardless of the team and position they are risking the future of their careers by rotting away as subs, I would certainly prefer to be playing. Not being pessimistic but let's see if this trend stops, we're going to start looking a bit silly if we get denied by everyone, the names are stacking up! Let's hope Obika keeps it up and adds some goals to his performances.
  • Perhaps he is hoping a more successful club might come in, now they know he is available
  • Watford is in Hertfordshire, just saying.