Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Eagles rumoured to be joining on loan (2014)

Comments

• Options
    A geography gold star for that man ;-)
  • Options
    With a situation like Eagles there are lots of things that are part of the equation, its not as simple as him wanting or not wanting to come to Charlton.

He is on a big deal at Bolton and has to decide - given this might be his last long term deal - what his next move is.

Might be that he wants to see if anyone wants to offer him a 2/3 year deal NOW so he can wrap it all up and that he does not want to be a free agent in the summer.
  • Options
    If players were that bothered they wouldn't have come in under TJ and MS especially after the way TJ literally chucked players out that we're due to sign

Loans don't really give a shit about the politics it's a short spell and gets then away from a situation they are not happy with at their parent club
  • Options
    Eagles not moving to Charlton - B*ll*cks. Just one or two players in the right positions on Charlton having plenty to stay up.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2014
    I would like to add that come the end of the season, can our owners and management team sort the players out early on and not leave everything to the last fecking minute !

Whats the plan B / C for the right midfield position ? Something that has been outstanding for the whole bleedin' season.
  • Options
    Shame about Eagles. He was just what we need.
  • Options

If players were that bothered they wouldn't have come in under TJ and MS especially after the way TJ literally chucked players out that we're due to sign

Loans don't really give a shit about the politics it's a short spell and gets then away from a situation they are not happy with at their parent club

So what are your thoughts on why these recent ones have turned us down? Are we "aiming too high"?

• Options
    I think you'll see them turn up at clubs with little or nothing to play for and to take their money

Speaks volumes of their hunger to be with us

Obika has wanted to be here for ages and is here

Others we ain't been on their career plan and aren't really interested

I reckon eagles will rock up at QPR or somewhere like that
  • Options

Watford is in Hertfordshire, just saying.

Wrong. It has actually moved to Udine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think there is a particular reason why some players are turning us down. Wickham wanted to stay up North, Best's partner was/is pregnant so he didn't want to move South, SWP didn't fancy it. It happens. It has to be right for all concerned. I'd rather sign someone like Obika who wants to be here over someone just coming because he is bored elsewhere. Why Eagles doesn't fancy it who knows but at least we are trying to get quality players in and pay their considerable wages and I'm sure we will add to the squad by the deadline tomorrow.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

JT said:

Couple of quotes from Bolton fans:

''Wet lettuce who should be one of the best players at this level.

Is more interested in his hair and imitating Beckham.''

''Fanny. Runs down blind alleys. Fanny. If he's arsed he's a decent option playing as an orthodox winger or behind the striker. Fanny. Takes a decent deadball. Fanny.Shoots from range to limited success.

Has definitely got the ability to be one of the better players in the league but hasn't got the guts, god only knows what he's going to be like in a relegation scrap.

Bit of a fanny.''

''Luxury player''

''Flakey''

We have all hard workers, we need one or two luxury players and that's why ajderovic has been great.
  • Options
    Think that's good news Carly burn, if true, especially the part about a perminate move to Charlton in the summer, confirms the rumour that we might be aiming higher next summer, but at least we will know by 5 this evening.
  • Options
    I'll believe it when it's on the OS
  • Options
    #frenchie holding club to ransom
    No thanks
  • Options
    Really want this deal to go through would be a great player for us
  • Options
    the most staggering thing about this thread is that it is reported that Eagles wage is £30,000/week. And some people here are OK with that. Have you lost your minds??

To remind you, 30k/week is twice as much as what Bournemouth are paying Yann.

It is also the entire wage bill of at least one club which has played in the group stage of the UCL this year.

And you can bet your life Roland Duchatelet knows that second point very well. It's central to his thinking.
  • Options
    Eagles knows he won't get them sort of wages anywhere next season , so who knows if it's going to be a permantant deal then he will probably take a hefty signing on fee. Still hoping it goes through And if it doesn't then hopefully we find another winger from else where I'm sure we got a plan b somewhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

the most staggering thing about this thread is that it is reported that Eagles wage is £30,000/week. And some people here are OK with that. Have you lost your minds??

To remind you, 30k/week is twice as much as what Bournemouth are paying Yann.

It is also the entire wage bill of at least one club which has played in the group stage of the UCL this year.

And you can bet your life Roland Duchatelet knows that second point very well. It's central to his thinking.

Loan to end of season (6 weeks at £30,000) makes it £180,000 to stay up. Would go for it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality player. If we want to progress as a club and have any chance of one day reaching the Premiership again, we need more quality. It's all about getting the mix right, between home grown talent, journeyman solid professionals an a sprinkling of gold dust. Pay peanut's, get monkey's!
  • Options
    Does the loan window shut today?

How many times have we been led up the garden path about 'potential' signings, sure I reckon he wants a move, I just don't think it will be with us.....

Edit , welcome to the Valley Chris, you da man to help keep us up.
  • Options
    @SilentAddick‌ , @queensland_addick‌

Have you stopped to consider the effect of this on the other players, especially if Eagles fails to singlehanded destroy every team he faces in this magical six weeks?

• Options
    Is he that good? I'm not so sure.
    Bolton have been about as rubbish as us this season, and they're happy to get rid of Eagles.
    Remember how excited we all got about England u21 and Team GB striker Sordell.....
  • Options

Have you stopped to consider the effect of this on the other players, especially if Eagles fails to singlehanded destroy every team he faces in this magical six weeks?

It will lift the whole club if he joins. The fact tha RD is prepared to invest may encourage the likes of Poyet and Morrison to re sign.

Please be true.
  • Options

I'm seeing it this way... If I was working for an employer that's threatened with bankruptcy and we bring in a super sales guy who boosted our income and saved the company, that'd be worth the salary they're paying him/her! But yes I agree about the risk to the morale if this gamble doesn't pay off.

But hey! Eagles is a great name to blacken if it happens! ;-)
  • Options
    Another player I think is happy to train sit on the bench and not play
    And just collect his 40k a week
    Why would he want to play twice a week on our pitch and risk injury?
    When's he's eyeing up another mega money move in a couple of months?
  • Options
    40k??????
  • Options
    Admittedly the 30k/week figure is unverified. But here is why I think we should be appalled.

Milan Petrzela is an attacking wide midfielder who plays for Viktoria Plzen. He is 30 years old; he has at least 16 international caps and was an integral part of the Plzen team that rose to dominate the Czech League adn qualify for the UCL groups stages. His basic salary is estimated at max 2k/week, with bonuses based on the earnings from UCL success.

Chris Eagles is an attacking wide midfielder who plays for Bolton Wanderers. He has no international honours at senior level (unlike Sordell) nor has he played in the UCL. This season he has not even featured regularly for Bolton in their epic struggle for second division mediocrity. His basic salary is estimated at 30k/week.
  • Options
    As part of his contract he gets an extra 2k per page every time his mentioned on football forums.