Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson backing RD

Comments

• edited October 2014
    I wonder what would happen to the world if we were all allowed to say what we wanted?
    I guess the earth would just explode.... or something!
  • He's a bigot & he proved that when he called a gay person a shirt lifter on TV

Lock him up!!!!!!
  • He's a bigot & he proved that when he called a gay person a shirt lifter on TV

Lock him up!!!!!!
    For being gay?
  • No ones mentioned rising damp with rigby.just not funny well I laughed sorry it's my age
  • No ones mentioned rising damp with rigby.just not funny well I laughed sorry it's my age

I expect I'm going to regret this but wasn't the whole point that we were supposed to laugh at Rigsby rather than with him?

In the same way that the Alf Garnett character was supposed to be a figure of fun but that back-fired to an extent.

Fawlty Towers a great comedy show - one of the best - so what do people think about the BBC editing out the bonkers Major's racist ramblings about when he took a girl to the Oval cricket ground to see England play India, before the war?
    '..... I do wish I could remember her name . . . she’s still got my wallet.’

• cafcfan said:

No ones mentioned rising damp with rigby.just not funny well I laughed sorry it's my age

I expect I'm going to regret this but wasn't the whole point that we were supposed to laugh at Rigsby rather than with him?

In the same way that the Alf Garnett character was supposed to be a figure of fun but that back-fired to an extent.

Yes, that was totally the point but it seems that people didn't get it then and some still don't get it now.
  • I thought comedy was meant to make you laugh what some people laugh at others don't some people get to hung up on shit it's funny to you or it ain't. I know people who don't find Mrs browns boys funny because they can't accept its a man playing a women which I find weird but hey ho that's life.
  • Rigsby was funny if u laughed at him or with him trouble nowadays people have to check to see if its not racist homophobic sexist ect before they laugh at something

• Al Murray is very clever as the pub landlord, because as in Alf Garnett back in the day, he can say sexist,
    xenophobic, and racist comments and people laugh.

Pub Landlord is a very good example
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Al Murray is very clever as the pub landlord, because as in Alf Garnett back in the day, he can say sexist,

Not really, he's essentially a parody figure and as far as I know he doesn't make racist comments.
  • colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

Al Murray is very clever as the pub landlord, because as in Alf Garnett back in the day, he can say sexist,

Not really, he's essentially a parody figure and as far as I know he doesn't make racist comments.
    He's a comedian doing an act. Here are a few of his lines:

* If we had no rules where would we be? France! If we had too many rules where would we be? Germany!

* On the Swiss: They’re like a flat that will never sell because the Austrians, Germans, French and Italians are neighbours

* On the Irish: They’re a sidecar to our motorbike, they’re going nowhere without us

* The Taliban were bang out of order. If the dishes are done, there’s no need for a mask

Plenty there to upset the upsetable.

• ... and there's the "fruit-based drink for the ladies" line if you want to be offended by sexist jokes.
  • edited October 2014
    colthe3rd said:

PL54 said:

The pub landlord is 100% parody by Al murray, as he sound very pro Europe when being himself.
    If you only see racism as a colour issue, you may be right but people from parts of eastern Europe may be white, but are they not a different race ?

Xenophobia seems to cover all things foreign,

The pub Landlord could not say the same things as Alf Garnett, as the (Pc) bar has been raised.

• PL54 said:

He's a bigot & he proved that when he called a gay person a shirt lifter on TV

Pillow muncher
    Knob jockey
  • PL54 said:

He's a bigot & he proved that when he called a gay person a shirt lifter on TV

Pillow muncher
    Knob jockey
    Chocolate dipper
  • edited October 2014
  • Pirate of men's pants.

I'm sorry if these little witticisms offend anyone. I just can't help smiling/laughing if I hear/read something funny. So, ahead of time, I apologise for my sense of humour.
  • Poo pipe pirate
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2014
    Chutney Ferret.

Although it seems everyone who feels as if they are stuck in a 1970s time warp could move to Australia.......bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-29639887
  • Uphill Gardener
  • edited October 2014

why flag this?
  • edited October 2014
    There's more flags in here than on a French battle ground.
  • Poo pipe pirate

I apologise if people are offended by this comment.......but I burst out laughing to this one!!!!!!! never heard that before.
  • The name of Jim's new tour "Charlton Nil".

Not sure what to think about that.

Thoughts?

• I think he is a great comedian and is being his usual comedic self. If he had said Charlton 3, more like the tale of H2 2014-15, but would not be funny. Hope his tour sells out!
  • great stuff Jim
  • I saw him in November in stevenage and i was crying with laughter so i have no problem with him at all , i just remember a few people being pissed off with him saying Charlton Nil when he did Big Break.