Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson backing RD

Comments

• R D MUST be backed in the short term at least, there is no alternative .. if all our best players and/or any profits are allocated to another club in the R D stable, then it will become a different matter

I don't recall Fryer being widely backed by Charlton supporters back in the day. There is always an alternative LA, the problem as I see it is the worry that RD is potentially going to take the sqaud apart, not to better the squad, not to better Charlton financially but to better Liege. I think that it is fair enough to ask the question of him if he wants Charlton fans to buy into his plan.

I am not saying that he is wrong because I don't know enough about his plans as I doubt anybody on CL does.
  • Well said Sadie, although I suspect rather than shedding sweat, you simply glowed!

@DRA Is Roland trying to picking the team? We were told that Thuram and the rest of the Liege crew were shoe ins under a Rolly man, not so far!
  • edited March 2014
    Kap10 said:

Well said Sadie, although I suspect rather than shedding sweat, you simply glowed!

@DRA Is Roland trying to picking the team? We were told that Thuram and the rest of the Liege crew were shoe ins under a Rolly man, not so far!

I don't know. My post was responding to Your wording which I thought was selective interpretation of what the interview said. Stating about RD running the club when the JD interview clearly states that CP wanted to pick the players and the team and RD didn't want that. Maybe it's taken RIga to confirm to RD that they're not the right players and he trust him more than Powell? All supposition at this stage and we can (and are) all equally arguing our points successfully at this time. It's only time and actions that are going to give us the answers.

• He's a bloody comedian.
  • I don't have a problem with Jim's opinions - he's certainly entitled to them. However, it doesn't mean that they carry any more weight just because he is a celebrity, particularly from outside football. I'm not suggesting that he would think that, of course.
  • Tiresais said:

To be blunt - why does JD's opinion matter anymore than any other Charlton Fan? 'Cause he's been on the telly? Should we wheel out Gemma Arterton for her view? (Any excuse is fine with me)

Or Cheryl Baker perhaps?!
  • otherwise we wouldn’t be having this conversation, we’d be saying ‘what a shame Charlton doesn’t exist any more’.".

I like Davidson although realise he is not everybody's cup of tea.
    However, with the above quote, he was still quite happy to use the director's box facilities under the previous regime. Perhaps you should have been in the Covered End Jim if that is how you felt.
  • Perhaps you should have been in the Covered End Jim if that is how you felt.

Not with all the attention good or bad
  • cafcfred4 said:

Perhaps you should have been in the Covered End Jim if that is how you felt.

Not with all the attention good or bad
    What's your stance in things Fred?
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite frankly depressing.
  • cafcfred4 said:

Quite frankly depressing.

Awww! Do you not agree with your dad, get behind the team and new guy and hope for the best?
  • I remember seeing Jim having a beer with Derek hales at half time in the in the old west stand in the mid 70s, sheepskin coats , great memories, my hero killer was out injured and waiting for my dad with the Cornish pastie and a pepsi, jd is Charlton thru and thru, that's all that matters !
  • cafcfred4 said:

Quite frankly depressing.

You're in a small boat but I am surprised not everyone is viewing it the same way. Only time well till but going to be a painful time for the majority.

• Have lost two of my great loves at the club, SCP and Kermorgant.

I am up for supporting the new owners, but I don't like the idea of supporting a club that feeds a Belgian superior.. But what ever is best for the club im happy with. As you say only time will tell.
  • cafcfred4 said:

Have lost two of my great loves at the club, SCP and Kermorgant.

I am up for supporting the new owners, but I don't like the idea of supporting a club that feeds a Belgian superior.. But what ever is best for the club im happy with. As you say only time will tell.

That's about the general consensus, we'll just have to sit back and try to enjoy the ride in hope that it's not to bumpy...
  • edited October 2014
    Off to see big Jim at stevenage in an hour. Looking forward to it. I hope we get a mention!
  • Off to see big Jim at stevenage in an hour. Looking forward to it. I'm hope we get a mention!

Do let us know.

• Off to see big Jim at stevenage in an hour. Looking forward to it. I'm hope we get a mention!

If we do I hope its not "I always thought they were called Charlton Nil"
  • Saw him at Hastings on Thursday. Excellent evening and numerous mentions of CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really embarrassing that our most famous supporter is Jim Davidson.

Could be a lot worse - Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris...

Why are you embarrassed ?

Whys that then?
  • When you consider how dedicated to Charlton someone like Jim is, then it really isn't embarrassing. He's one of us for sure.

Do shut up.

Geezer's not heard of Bjorn!

• superdec said:

Charlton goes on he never said nothing wrong .. read it because you aint gonna change it lifes a b**** so get over it

Jesus you lot find fault in everything anyone says, don’t you all get bored being so miserable

Nobody has even criticised JD on this article? Turn off the autoresponse!

What? More embarrassing than Jo Brand?
  • cafcfan said:

Really embarrassing that our most famous supporter is Jim Davidson.

What? More embarrassing than Jo Brand?
    and Eddie Izzard...