Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson backing RD

Comments

• Really embarrassing that our most famous supporter is Jim Davidson.

We need a survey on this
  • Kelly malone would win

Nothing wrong with jimbo as a fan
  • Really embarrassing that our most famous supporter is Jim Davidson.

Be thankful that it's not Kelvin Mackenzie, if he even still supports us.
  • edited October 2014
    Saga Lout said:

Really embarrassing that our most famous supporter is Jim Davidson.

Could be a lot worse - Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris...
    Why do I get a Flag for this? Yet cafcfan and Croydon make similar comments and are not flagged.

Did whoever flagged me get their humour bypass on the NHS?
  • Just got out. Absolutely hilarious and as @MattTeesHeader‌ said, numurous mentions of Charlton. I involuntarily shouted out yes! When he first mentioned us. Not sure what I was thinking but he loved it.!
    I got him to sign a book in the interval and he saw my charlton Tattoo and he shook my hand and we talked about how well we are doing this Season but he still misses Chris Powell.
    The man loves Charlton.
    Great night.

Same thing happened to me on the Wednesday night in Reading Hexagon first mention of Charlton I yelled out. JD reply " the other Charlton supporter is in then"!!
  • Just got out. Absolutely hilarious and as @MattTeesHeader‌ said, numurous mentions of Charlton. I involuntarily shouted out yes! When he first mentioned us. Not sure what I was thinking but he loved it.!
    I got him to sign a book in the interval and he saw my charlton Tattoo and he shook my hand and we talked about how well we are doing this Season but he still misses Chris Powell.
    The man loves Charlton.
    Great night.

Same thing happened to me on the Wednesday night in Reading Hexagon first mention of Charlton I yelled out. JD reply " the other Charlton supporter is in then"!!
    That's what he said when I shouted out.
  • Mail on Sunday given him another kicking today. That whole organisation is sick.
  • Nothing wrong with Jim full stop. We have to accept people born in the fifties Jim 1953 have a differing view of life, myself 1957 see no wrong in him. Those born in the later years will grow up with differing views and values, just because they are different does not make them right or wrong. Our upbringing made us what we are and that includes being Charlton, my first games in early sixties were in front of 5,000 fans in a ground that held 60,000. it was half a crown to get in and we peed in the open air ! Life changes, as do veiws.

Jim, fellow fan and in book bloody nice bloke.

My Dad was born in the same decade and has always been perfectly capable of identifying Jim Davidson as the cretinous, offensive goon that he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing wrong with Jim full stop. We have to accept people born in the fifties Jim 1953 have a differing view of life, myself 1957 see no wrong in him. Those born in the later years will grow up with differing views and values, just because they are different does not make them right or wrong. Our upbringing made us what we are and that includes being Charlton, my first games in early sixties were in front of 5,000 fans in a ground that held 60,000. it was half a crown to get in and we peed in the open air ! Life changes, as do veiws.

My Dad was born in the same decade and has always been perfectly capable of identifying Jim Davidson as the cretinous, offensive goon that he is.
    JD is a nasty little man regardless of whether he supports Charlton or not. Racist, homophobic, sexist and about as funny as a fart in a lift - the man's an idiot.

Don't care when he was born....
  • HIUTB obviously wind up merchant looking for a bite.
  • valleyfan said:

HIUTB obviously wind up merchant looking for a bite.

No I just don't like JD - no doubt he's a UKIP supporter.
  • No, CAFC.
  • He just said he ain't too keen on you hoof it

I always preferred Bernard Manning - might have been offensive but at least he had comic talent.
    JD belongs in the ice age.

JD is a nasty little man regardless of whether he supports Charlton or not. Racist, homophobic, sexist and about as funny as a fart in a lift - the man's an idiot.

When did you meet him?
  • Riviera said:

Mail on Sunday given him another kicking today. That whole organisation is sick.

Just read that, I am not sure what he was expecting in terms of facilities in Doncaster!
  • edited October 2014

Nothing wrong with Jim full stop. We have to accept people born in the fifties Jim 1953 have a differing view of life, myself 1957 see no wrong in him. Those born in the later years will grow up with differing views and values, just because they are different does not make them right or wrong. Our upbringing made us what we are and that includes being Charlton, my first games in early sixties were in front of 5,000 fans in a ground that held 60,000. it was half a crown to get in and we peed in the open air ! Life changes, as do veiws.

So you don't fancy the Back to the Valley event in December then? Possibly a maybe
  • cafctom said:

When you consider how dedicated to Charlton someone like Jim is, then it really isn't embarrassing. He's one of us for sure.

Although personally I think he's a dire comic, and I've got no time for him, you raise a good point - can't really fault his support for the club.
  • Sponsored links:

I always preferred Bernard Manning - might have been offensive but at least he had comic talent.
    JD belongs in the ice age.
    That doesn't make him racist, homophobic, sexist and an idiot though. Your hatred of him is plain to see. I wonder why?
  • Jim is a comic before we all became pc when they took piss out of everyone and everything and was one of the best. Nowdays comics just take piss out of them selfs through fear of being slaughtered by the pc brigade.
  • Jim Davidson has always been a Charlton fan, good or bad times.

He is like a lot of 55 to 65 year olds who lived through a certain period in England.

Would rather see Stuart Lee than Jim, but admired him for sticking with CAFC when at the height of his fame could
    have jumped ship with the glamour of the Kings road.

We are an eclectic mix of people, who happen to pick the Addicks over the London giants,

So welcome Fanny Fanackapan, Jim Davidson and hoof_it_up_to_benty.

we are truely, the good, the bad, and the ugly. (;D (:> (:<

I'm yet to watch a stand up routine by any male or female comic that doesn't at some point make fun of members of the opposite sex, whether it be something their husband/wife does or that the opposite sex does in general.

So do we hate all comics for being sexist, or just understand that comedy is subjective?

• Some people like him and some don't. Doubt if Jim is really that bothered.
  • valleyfan said:

HIUTB obviously wind up merchant looking for a bite.

No I just don't like JD - no doubt he's a UKIP supporter.
    Conservative actually, but carry on making false remarks about someone you clearly know so very well.

Keep in mind his son does post on here as well.

Keep doing what you do Jim.

JD is about as funny as a fart in a lift
    You got that right, he's hilarious!

Miranda fan in the house...
    I rather suspect he's a Charlie Chaplin or Buster Keaton fan.

• more jo brand fan in the house Gaz