Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statement from supporters meeting

Comments

• seth plum said:

The response from Katrien to both the Trust and the 'Oak' group has been the same as far as I know. It goes along the lines of we're busy now with the fight against relegation, the video release yesterday will face some of the fans concerns, but will talk at some unspecified time in the future.

Which is logical given the clubs situation and pretty generous given that this is not in any way an official, representative or mandated organisation, but 21 supporters who are unhappy about recent events.

Perhaps 21 pro RD supporters should put out a manifesto and seek a meeting?

• yes, let's round up 21 (or more) pro RD supporters, contact Katrien and invite her to Costa's for a coffee so we can say thanks. Mine's a decaff Americano.
  • Count me in - skinny latte please.
  • Absolutely appalling coffee choices. She's European and will not have any truck with decaf for lattes.
  • We need to show her that we're not to be messed with.

Triple Espresso.
  • Addickted said:

We need to show her that we're not to be messed with.

Triple Espresso.

And if she still refuses to play ball we go all out to hurt them in the pocket! - With a mass Bovril boycott! Beefy goodness will have to wait!
  • edited March 2014
    Gareth Hunt, his hand signals and a Nescafe for me.
  • Did my bit for the VP and proud to have been involved, but this is not for me. Will patiently wait to see what unfolds over the next 3-5 years under RD's ownership, if it lasts that long. He will need more patience than I'd afford in the circumstances. I look forward to getting in early with my ST app and making the most of the excellent value on offer in many areas of the ground too - unconditionally, as I love the club and always get behind the team that plays, as long as they are trying their best for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely appalling coffee choices. She's European and will not have any truck with decaf for lattes.

And will be aghast if you have an espresso after 11am as well.

• Enough of this coffee nonsense. Get her an Orval Trappist and be done with it.

• Why would Hungarian players be anonymous?

• Pavo said:

Did my bit for the VP and proud to have been involved, but this is not for me. Will patiently wait to see what unfolds over the next 3-5 years under RD's ownership, if it lasts that long. He will need more patience than I'd afford in the circumstances. I look forward to getting in early with my ST app and making the most of the excellent value on offer in many areas of the ground too - unconditionally, as I love the club and always get behind the team that plays, as long as they are trying their best for us.

Top man
  • Is it ok for me to buy a season ticket,or will I get into trouble?

I was drinking a cuppa when I read this....its all over my desk now! Very good!
  • bobmunro said:

Count me in - skinny latte please.

Have to be a breakfast meeting then. Lattes and cappuccinos are early morning drinks. Espresso after 11:00am. (I think Italians call Americanos "acqua sporca" or dirty water!
  • vffvff
    edited March 2014

Maybe it's because TJ and MS owned ONE CLUB and Roland owns a NETWORK OF CLUBS and therefore the concerns regarding where we fit in with this and what is deemed success for Charlton Athletic is a question that wasn't even required to be asked of the previous owners as they only owned ONE CLUB.

I don't understand why no-one seems to understand this. It has nothing to do with Chris Powell. The above question would still be of equal importance if he was still in the job.

You're missing my point. We, as a club, were a lot less stable under the last ownership. We were heading down, players would've all left and we'd have had a team full of kids playing on a cabbage patch in league one.

Now, admittedly we may still go down but i'd argue our prospects are a lot more promising under RD than they were under Slater/Jiminez.

Yet none of this G21 thought to demand meetings, seek action, call on fans to not renew season tickets etc then. Why not?

Not part of the 21 but the answer to that question is probably that it was clear that TJ / MS wanted out. The general hope and expectation of Charlton supporters was for a progressive new owner with deep pockets who would fund the dream, enable Charlton to retain the identity that it has and enable a push on for the Premiership.

Charlton got RD instead with a completely different plan and way of doing thing. This has raised a whole lot of questions to which RD probably knows the answers to only some of them. The RD strategy appears to be an evolving one. I am not sure how well thought through it is.

There is a definite need for RD to bring Charlton supporters along with the project. Income brought in via Season Tickets is part of FFP. That has got be a bit more substantive than well placed PR, internet forum teasers and short video interviews.
  • cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

Have to be a breakfast meeting then. Lattes and cappuccinos are early morning drinks. Espresso after 11:00am. (I think Italians call Americanos "acqua sporca" or dirty water!
    A latte is hot milk and not a coffee at all so Italians (most Europeans) would simply think you were weird for ordering a childs drink at any time of the day.

• Enough of this coffee nonsense. Get her an Orval Trappist and be done with it.

Orval is the best Belgian beer, respect!
  • At least this thread has proved informative about something (beer and coffee). Not so good on the thinking behind the Charlton Popular Front unfortunately, but we wait with interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• DRF said:

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

A latte is hot milk and not a coffee at all so Italians (most Europeans) would simply think you were weird for ordering a childs drink at any time of the day.
    While, strictly, you're right, you are being obtuse - you presumably know full well that the English use of "latte" is merely an abbreviation of the Italian "caffè latte"?
  • cafcfan said:

DRF said:

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

While, strictly, you're right, you are being obtuse - you presumably know full well that the English use of "latte" is merely an abbreviation of the Italian "caffè latte"?
    But Sir, I respectfuly point out that it was you who stated that Lattes and Cappuccinos are 'early morning drinks' referencing, I presume, the European system. If you were to enter any coffee establishment in the UK you would find many a latte and cappuccino drinker late into the afternoon as it is acceptable here to consume them at any time. Are we UK are we European?
    I would also add that should you ask for a Caffe Latte in Italy you are unlikely to receive a milky coffee, you are more likely to receive an espresso and a glass of warm milk.
  • Solidgone you make some good points. I think there is the small matter of the loan window open for another week and the fact that the existing management structure is relatively new. She has arrived at a football club to find the pitch in a state, the squad contracts in need of attention and quite possibly some other urgent matters to attend.
    I think that if the communications to fan groups mean sometime never then this does not help nor does it sit with what I see and hear from the club messaging. Perhaps she simply wants the dust to settle on recent events and before the win the other night that is perfectly understandable.
    Ironically this also gives time for fan representatives to come together and agree a framework and target.
    Not for me to define publicly or privately as I left the Trust board the other day. Just makes sense from conversations I've had that people should aim for an engagement that works for all sides.
  • Thanks for you response SR. Sorry to hear you left the Trust Board. But a lot of what I said was with tongue firmly in cheek and I suppose I should of ended with a smiley winky thing. But I've finally fallen out with football per se and this season is my final season with a season ticket. This is not because of RD and his way forward but the piss take that football is having on fans.
  • A week on from the announcement by the splinter group. Are all 21 still in agreement with the original statement, or have one or two resigned (Possibly having their names placed on it)? Finally has anyone shown any interest in joining the group?
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
  • T.C.E said:

Can't comment on my meeting at the Valley yesterday but on the important issue of KM's coffee preference I can reveal THE TRUTH

A bit of a slur on your good name Mr I. ;)

Different Henry : - )

• edited March 2014