Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statement from supporters meeting

Comments

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014
  • But what does Olly have???
  • I'm the same as Mick...

So does some poor soul have to make tea/ coffee for everyone at once?!
  • T.C.E said:

Can't comment on my meeting at the Valley yesterday but on the important issue of KM's coffee preference I can reveal THE TRUTH

A bit of a slur on your good name Mr I. ;)

Different Henry : - )

It's still an accurate statement.

• Addickted said:

T.C.E said:

Can't comment on my meeting at the Valley yesterday but on the important issue of KM's coffee preference I can reveal THE TRUTH

Harsh to attack a junior member of staff at CAFC in that way. Typical of you attacking the Club as you're not a real fan, weren't even at Millwall.
  • edited March 2014
  • Addickted said:

T.C.E said:

Harsh to attack a junior member of staff at CAFC in that way. Typical of you attacking the Club as you're not a real fan, weren't even at Millwall.
    My innoculations had expired.

• Well said Steve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice one - that was the message I heard elsewhere too...
    castrust.org/2014/03/charlton-director-miere-dialogue-fans-essential-cafc/
    100% CAFC tomorrow and onwards
    COYA
  • It's good to know that the trust got the same response as yourselves seeing as in reality you want the same answers

It's good to see that KM wasn't having to write two responses and just added names to the email

• Disagree bobmunro. It's nothing of the sort.

Steve is simply emphasising that the "Oak group" are supporting the team/club and in case they had given any mixed messages, they want everyone to do the same.

ie support the team, the manager and the club & renew your S/Ts etc.

Spot on imo.
  • I agree Covered End, I thought Steve was just pointing out that which unites us. It's been, and still is, a difficult time for all of us, but I would suggest that the emphasis and energies should now be concentrated on drawing up a list of questions that supporters would like to see answered. I'm personally not bothered by who asks the questions, it's the answers that interest me
  • The thing is the questions have already been asked.

Who picks the team ? - The manager.

Are we a feeder club to SL - no. etc etc.

I've asked the questions to Meire and Powell once and Murray twice.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks that they will change the answers already given ?

Anyway, we're going round in circles :-)
  • rikofold said:

TEL said:

AB why though are you more concerned about RD than TJ and MS and why was there not the need to rally a group as strong as the G21 back then

Firstly, I think there's an assumption that I brought the group together. In fact, I was asked by some other names on the list to take a lead. I said I would only be involved if there was a broad-based group that was so wide it could not reasonably be accused of pursuing a narrow agenda, wanting to damage the club
    Rick, do you not in hindsight think that advocating a boycott on season tickets is a direct way of damaging the club?
    What I was suggesting, on the morning we learned Powell had been sacked, was a strike - not a boycott. That is, don't buy until we find out more. That would have had no immediate practical damage to the club, because most season tickets are sold in the week leading up to the initial deadline, in this case immediately prior to April 9th. Even if circumstances had meant it commanded widespread support - say Riga had fielded all the January signings and we'd been thrashed by Millwall - it would have done no damage, because people would have signed up later if they wished to buy.

While the season-ticket revenue is important, it only amounts to about £2m, which is less than a fifth of the turnover. Deferring part of that would make very little difference to someone with RD's resources, but it may have got his attention. However, we felt on reflection and as events moved on that it wasn't necessary or appropriate action.

The part of the jigsaw that you are missing is that as far as we were concerned the statement was drawn up in conjunction with the chair of the trust. He was at the meeting and at that stage our assumption was that the trust would sign up to it. In the event he withdrew his name 24 hours later because the trust board as a whole took a different view, which may have been right or wrong, but that's why the idea that it was an attempt to usurp the trust is not a valid one.

What was left was a position where the majority of the trust board, who did not attend the meeting, would have vetoed the views agreed by the group as a whole, including those who are not members of the trust. In my view that would have been daft.

@Airman Brown‌ I'm wondering how this ties in with the Trust's own statement: "...we raised the question with the Oak group as to whether the attempt to get the required dialogue wouldn’t be best pursued under the Trust banner. To our regret, the majority of people at the meeting didn’t agree with that proposal."

It strikes me that the Trust were indeed sympathetic with the need for dialogue on the issues being raised, but felt that the conduit for communication with the owner would be most appropriate through them, rather than through a group 2% the size of its paid membership. Did your group expect the Trust to sign up to it without leading the initiative and/or the comms?
    Just thought I would bring this across from the Varney thread as it is nice to have things in the right place
  • The thing is the questions have already been asked.

Who picks the team ? - The manager.

Are we a feeder club to SL - no. etc etc.

I've asked the questions to Meire and Powell once and Murray twice.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks that they will change the answers already given ?

Anyway, we're going round in circles :-)

I think there are more questions than that, related to how the Staprix business and it's network is supposed to function, and with what objectives. Personally I think that unless we have a better understanding of that, all the answers above will constantly be revisited. There is conflict of interest among parties to this network, everywhere you look.

I'm not the only one who wants to ask that kind of question, however the next step for the Trust is to open up the discussion to the fan base, to hear from them what they think the important questions are. Right now we are discussing among ourselves how best to do it. Personally I would like to see CL directly involved, but that is a decision for the boys, and it would not be the only place, because there are many Trust members who don't read CL. But we will get it going.
  • Just a quick question . Does the voice of the Valley fanzine make a profit and if so , where does it go ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Beds, I doubt it makes very much, but imagine anything it does goes into Rick's pocket, which is fair enough considering it takes a lot of hard work to publish it.
  • Beds, I doubt it makes very much, but imagine anything it does goes into Rick's pocket, which is fair enough considering it takes a lot of hard work to publish it.

I wasn't being critical . Just asking the question.
  • Any exclusive from the G21 in the latest edition?
  • At £2 a go and selling c. 2,000 copies and the print run costing less than a grand I expect VOTV makes a significant profit.
    On the other hand the Trust publications and website are free and Trust board members do not get paid. It takes a lot of hard work to run a Trust...1,000 fans pay their fiver to keep it going and a few donations have helped it grow.
  • No problem with people running fanzines - what happened to that recent new launch?
    The more the merrier!
    Just saying that some fans have put their efforts into a collective which is owned by fans and retains its profits for more activities and promotion.
  • shirty5 said:

Any exclusive from the G21 in the latest edition?

Haven't seen it advertised or mentioned on here for the first time since its relaunch so I guess not

Which is the right thing In the current situation

I'd like to know more about the last regime more than the current as it would explain a lot more as to why we find ourselves in the current predicament

Also the guys who had another consortium that was close to getting to meet muzzy and co I'd like to know where they got too and if they are still watching

Maybe the VOTV and the new journo friends who seem to be paying attention to us now could find out
  • No problem with people running fanzines - what happened to that recent new launch?
    The more the merrier!
    Just saying that some fans have put their efforts into a collective which is owned by fans and retains its profits for more activities and promotion.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything being discussed here, no one forces you to give up your time, just like no one is forced to buy votv.
  • shirty5 said:

Any exclusive from the G21 in the latest edition?

Haven't seen it advertised or mentioned on here for the first time since its relaunch so I guess not

Which is the right thing In the current situation

I'd like to know more about the last regime more than the current as it would explain a lot more as to why we find ourselves in the current predicament

Also the guys who had another consortium that was close to getting to meet muzzy and co I'd like to know where they got too and if they are still watching

Maybe the VOTV and the new journo friends who seem to be paying attention to us now could find out
    But the editor of the VOTV has stated here on another thread that the media arent interested in us :-)