Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statement from supporters meeting

Comments

• What new group?
    More later...
  • One of the aims of CAS Trust is to get a representative onto the board but here we are almost having to beg just to get a meeting with Katrien. Doesn't that concern people ?

By saying "Beg" shouldnt you really be saying, request? Do you think she should drop everything right now? Come on get real, she is a busy lady that has only been in the job a couple of months and exactly the same has happened in the past trying to tie down even RM for a FF meeting as he had other commitments. Im all for fair crticism, but youre hardly being fair with your post.
  • Read this thread. Took me 21 hours and 21 minutes.

A lot of talk and opinions but to be fair not that much real information regarding the subject of the thread.

I think the man everyone wants some sort of response from is @AirmanBrown
    TEL said:

One of the aims of CAS Trust is to get a representative onto the board but here we are almost having to beg just to get a meeting with Katrien. Doesn't that concern people ?

By saying "Beg" shouldnt you really be saying, request? Do you think she should drop everything right now? Come on get real, she is a busy lady that has only been in the job a couple of months and exactly the same has happened in the past trying to tie down even RM for a FF meeting as he had other commitments. Im all for fair crticism, but youre hardly being fair with your post.
    Of course there have historically been timing issues. But at least we got to see and question RM on a regular basis. Under the toxic twins communications nose dived and now we seem happy just to get an interview with Katrien. Why are we not pushing for an interview with RD and is one of the aims still to get a supporters representative onto the board?

• But the Trust is pushing for a meeting are they not?
  • I'm genuinely not sure what the Trust is doing or planning to do. I've read the latest TNT 5 edition and it is not clear at all. I just feel it is all a bit too complacent and compliant at the moment. But I fully accept that it has to satisfy a broad spectrum of opinion and this is a difficult task.

TEL said:

One of the aims of CAS Trust is to get a representative onto the board but here we are almost having to beg just to get a meeting with Katrien. Doesn't that concern people ?

Of course there have historically been timing issues. But at least we got to see and question RM on a regular basis. Under the toxic twins communications nose dived and now we seem happy just to get an interview with Katrien. Why are we not pushing for an interview with RD and is one of the aims still to get a supporters representative onto the board?

I was led to believe that the FF have regular meetings and that Trust members were invited. Give it time, Im sure it will all settle down....its very early days and already the communications from within the club is a hundred times better than the last lot. Why not apply for the position on the trust board? You can have some direct input that way. Just a suggestion.

As an aside....RM only showed up once to a FF meeting when I was involved and he pretty much said that if people didnt like it they should put their money where there mouth is....strange but true.
  • Thanks Richard, thats clarified things for me....However I think this group will proceed and will in effect undermine the Trust.
  • Sponsored links:

• The right stance well done cast
  • I wonder if the trust board members who are also part of the Oak Group were involved in writing that statement? :-)
  • WSS said:

I wonder if the trust board members who are also part of the Oak Group were involved in writing that statement? :-)

Yep.
  • Thank you Richard for the clarification. At least the Trust has the decency to respond to the initial queries raised on this thread.

Can you please confirm what the objection of the G21 was moving this forward under the Trust banner? I assume both Richard and Ken disagreed with this?
  • Was it not the democratic thing?
  • Clear statement Trust, well done.
  • Great, any chance this thread can be sunk now so that the mighty Oak might wither and so die?
  • The fact the statement has taken time in being prepared before being published shows a real step change from the trust that first was born, you should be recognised for that guys as before it was more reactive and passionate not that the passion is missing just better controlled

I know you met last night and it can not have been an easy meeting with such a topic needing addressing

You need to continue on this journey having differing opinions and objections to ensure the trust is fully diverse and reflective

It is this reason I believe that the G21 do not wish to fall under the trust umbrella

But in such an early stage of discussion and observation of RD's control its the right way

Unless there is something not being shared to all fans

Like tel says this won't change G21's approach they will in essence carry on regardless because their approach as afka says is the bad cop approach

The fact that those trust members in attendance where either not made aware of the evidence that may be available or they didn't agree with it
    Shows caution needs to be used in how we approach the new era of cafc and its relationship between fan and owner

For now I would say we should just focus on survival and then be vigulant pre season hopefully in the championship
  • 4 former directors, ex-members of staff, a solicitor, a senior civil servant, 2 respected local reporters and others who are both well known and valued amongst supporters .
    They are self appointed and have launched themselves in a somewhat inept manner IMO. But they have earned their CAFC colours and given my current state of unease and trepidation, I am delighted that they exist. I hope that the Trust isn't effectively forcing me to make a choice and that it is relaxed about those of its members who wish to support both initiatives?
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe I've lost the plot on Paddy's suggestion to use an algorithm to sort contributions into best first/worst last or most popular/least read orders or whatever.
    But isn't the timeline of posts actually more important? Without seeing stuff in the order in which it was posted doesn't one lose contact with the actual debating process and the natural progression that brings to a topic? Or, indeed, reality! Doesn't it just become an unreadable confusing mess?
  • Curb_It said:

What the hell is an algorithm ?

Didn't Al Gorithm design the Valley Party posters?
  • 4 former directors, ex-members of staff, a solicitor, a senior civil servant, 2 respected local reporters and others who are both well known and valued amongst supporters .
    They are self appointed and have launched themselves in a somewhat inept manner IMO. But they have earned their CAFC colours and given my current state of unease and trepidation, I am delighted that they exist. I hope that the Trust isn't effectively forcing me to make a choice and that it is relaxed about those of its members who wish to support both initiatives?

The trust forcing me to make a choice? What about the other lot?
  • Curb_It said:

What the hell is an algorithm ?

'Algae Rhythm' is the rhythmic movement of algae. Hope this helps. :-)
  • Sorry Shirty, I don't get your point.
  • edited March 2014
    Well this hasn't muddied the waters much
  • Sorry Shirty, I don't get your point.

If the other group had gone through the trust in the first place, then we would have a stronger trust and one voice. You still would have had a choice to follow the trust or not, but now appears to be a choice of what group do I follow that are going to ask the same questions anyway.
  • PL54 said:

Great, any chance this thread can be sunk now so that the mighty Oak might wither and so die?

I was wondering what the metaphors where. Are the Trust positioning themselves as acorns or is there a threat that mighty oaks get felled?
  • edited March 2014
    Thank you to Barney and the Trust Board for being measured, considerate and transparent in your approach. Here's now hoping for similar rationality and candour from G21.
  • OK gotcha. They can still work together. I just want to support both of them and I want some answers. I really don't care who gets them but I suspect it is going to take a lot of digging as I don't think RD is going to answer any of our questions with any degree of openness. When it comes to digging up information, who do people think is most likely to succeed? If I am proved to be way off beam, I will be very happy indeed.