Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What could be improved about The Valley...

Comments

• Some idiot built the Valley at the bottom of a hill!
  • Those complaining about the toilets are obviously too young to remember the joy of being desparate for a poo at the old Valley.
  • Kap10 said:

Warm water in the loos in the winter. Goal Replays on the big screen.

Kap10 said:

Warm water in tge lood in the winter. Goal Replays on the big screen.

I think your first attempt was better, to be honest
  • Dizzle said:

Charlton Athletic version of these babes around the concourses selling programmes, jackpot tickets, beers (by backpack?) merchandise etc.

Yeah?

No
  • Free Beligian biere, chocolates et frites. There has to be some benefits from having a Belgian owner.
  • front row, far right
  • JTJT
    edited February 2014
    Source?
  • Those complaining about the toilets are obviously too young to remember the joy of being desparate for a poo at the old Valley.

i am sure people must have died in those loos

• Music each time we get a corner/throw in.
  • An NBA style organ player to compliment the above also
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

Those complaining about the toilets are obviously too young to remember the joy of being desparate for a poo at the old Valley.

i am sure people must have died in those loos

So that was the smell......
  • Food and drink is a priority.

Used to love getting to the ground hour and half before game for a drink, food..

..now stay in the pub untill 2:45 because the food, drink and queue is awful.

Other teams nearly always impress on away days.

I don't drink anymore but surely those machines that pour a dozen pints at same time would be useful for queues.

One of these machines might do the trick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiu_IX14wLI
  • MOBY DUCK said:

Food and drink is a priority.

Used to love getting to the ground hour and half before game for a drink, food..

I don't drink anymore but surely those machines that pour a dozen pints at same time would be useful for queues.

Far too advanced for the Valley. Great idea though.
  • Conjugal visits
    Time off for good behaviour
    Rehabilitation programme
  • MOBY DUCK said:

I want one of those for my summer house!
  • songs sung quicker
  • front row, far right

There's a lot of far right around the boleyn but how can you tell they are just from the photo?

• But seriously folks:
    Engaging a decent stewarding company.
    Giving any of the catering kiosk staff any training at all - it would pay for itself many times over by allowing us to buy stuff at halftime rather than having to get it all from the competition before the match.
    Hot, even warm, water and functioning hand driers in the bogs.
  • personally id still be quite happy leaning against a crash barrier on the east terrace in the open air with hot a bovril /hip flask and wagon wheel
  • edited February 2014
    Not bothered by the turnstiles or the bogs.

Better, local beer.
    Better, local, food.
    Better service.
    Safe standing.
    Wifi
    Smoking area.
    Smoking weed area.
    Crystal Meth area.
  • Sponsored links:

• You can see in that photo the two girls at the back have been given the back row for a reason
  • MOBY DUCK said:

Great idea but useless for the Real Ale that I wish was on offer!
  • Great idea but useless for the Real Ale that I wish was on offer!

Prefer real ales myself as well. Can we have a selection of badger beers instead of the flying jock?
  • Turn the stands round and face them away from the pitch.
  • Grass would be nice

• Hot, even warm, water and functioning hand driers in the bogs.

Exactly. How the hell do people wash their hands with one tap that goes off as soon as you stop pressing it ?

Put some lights along Lansdowne Mews as well so you can actually see where you are going.

Have sound on the tv's or maybe the subtitles on ? Nice that we have bigger screens now apart from the fact the picture is still the same size because of all the ads for an air con unit that I'm never going to buy.

Have the mascots and others in the concourses before the game interacting with the kids.
  • Smoking area
    Somehow improve the service for drinks only customers

• Those Hammerettes are a bit 'palace'. Having said that, blonde in the middle row looks built for it
  • There'll never be a smoking area. Which is good.
  • I think it will improve the air quality in the bogs which is also good