Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What could be improved about The Valley...

Comments

• I went to a West Ham game recently and they have half dressed birds walking around called 'Hammerettes' selling stuff. Can we have some of that please?
  • Dizzle said:

I went to a West Ham game recently and they have half dressed birds walking around called 'Hammerettes' selling stuff. Can we have some of that please?

Depends what they are selling
  • edited February 2014
    Bottled beer instead of waiting ages for them to pour pints
  • Move the family stand out of the corner and to the side of the East stand or put in toilets nearby. Kids go on a regular basis and you can miss a whole chunk of the game going all the way to the back of the stand to go all the way down again.

You could of course sell a family ticket and let people choose where they sit.
  • Telling some supporters they have to cheer and get behind the team before they are even allowed to think about booing.
  • Stand scuffles shown on big screen at half time?
  • Occasional goal by the home team would be nice
  • Dizzle said:

I went to a West Ham game recently and they have half dressed birds walking around called 'Hammerettes' selling stuff. Can we have some of that please?

was this Ann Summers stuff ? and were they modelling ?
    (bit cold for wearing skimpy lingerie in the winter at the Boleyn, and I don't mean the players ?)
  • The birds were in some skimpy clothing. They were selling programmes and merchandise. I will try and find a pic or two
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

to be able to have a beer in your seat

Isnt there a law that prevents this from happening at any football ground? Or it just something football clubs have implemented themselves...
    We might need to wish for relegation to the conference before this happens.

Charlton Athletic version of these babes around the concourses selling programmes, jackpot tickets, beers (by backpack?) merchandise etc.

Yeah?
  • Right. Well thats that then.
  • Front row, far right, sitting up straight.
  • Dizzle said:

Charlton Athletic version of these babes around the concourses selling programmes, jackpot tickets, beers (by backpack?) merchandise etc.

Yeah?

Can you imagine how many people would be outraged by the sexism

• I am outraged by the sexism. Honest!
  • The wankers will like it though. Pity them. Can't visualise any way of seeing women except sexually.
  • I am a wanker, i'm not gonna lie
  • not fussy really
  • Sponsored links:

• Has the blond on the top right won a competition to be photographed with a group of models? Or is she just photo bombing?
  • Are we back in a 1970s Carry On? Referring to "birds" and "blondes"? I don't consider myself PC but really???? Very sad of West Ham.

The idea of selling stuff to us in our seats is a good one however.
  • Food and drink is a priority.

Used to love getting to the ground hour and half before game for a drink, food..

..now stay in the pub untill 2:45 because the food, drink and queue is awful.

Other teams nearly always impress on away days.

I don't drink anymore but surely those machines that pour a dozen pints at same time would be useful for queues.
  • Better beer, new seats, better food, electronic ticket turnstiles, safe standing, designated smoking areas and a reprofiling of the jimmy seed to stop away fans sounding so flipping loud
  • Better beer and pies
  • Warm water in the loos in the winter. Goal Replays on the big screen.
  • edited February 2014
    Deleted due to rubbish fingers!!! However it has been quoted further on!! thanks chizz!!
  • edited February 2014
    Home fans in the jimmy seed stand, away fans in the flats behind the ground.

More drums and trumpets in the north upper and lower :-)
  • Middle front