Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Is that JJ’s 49th goal? Who was the last player to score 50 goals for us? We must be going way back.
  • Options
    @ca
    Stewart said:

Is that JJ’s 49th goal? Who was the last player to score 50 goals for us? We must be going way back.

Leaburn I think.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Carl Leaburn was bizarrely the last, Mendonca and Hunt never made it due to injuries/illness, Bent because he left
  • Options
    Love this site, it’s taken a minute for 2 people to come up with an answer.

Cheers guys
  • Options

@ca

Stewart said:

Leaburn I think.
    Having seen most of Carl's goals back then that is a bloody scary stat!

If Hunt and Mendonca had not retired early then both would have broken 50 goals easily - probably pushed towards 100.
  • Options
    Oh yes the very last line on page 16.

• Options

@ca

Stewart said:

Leaburn I think.

If Hunt and Mendonca had not retired early then both would have broken 50 goals easily - probably pushed towards 100.
    Is crazy that neither of those scored over 50-goals, especially when you look at the stats from our Promotion years:

1997-98 (Play-Off Winners): Clive Mendonca... 28-goals
    1999-00 (First Division Champions): Andy Hunt... 25-goals

Oh and whilst I'm here... 2011-12 (League One Champions): Bradley Wright Phillips... 22-goals

Hence RD / KM if we want to get promoted, we have to do it with a Goalscorer who can get over twenty goals in a season!!
  • Options

@ca

Stewart said:

Leaburn I think.

Is crazy that neither of those scored over 50-goals, especially when you look at the stats from our Promotion years:

Oh and whilst I'm here... 2011-12 (League One Champions): Bradley Wright Phillips... 22-goals

Hence RD / KM if we want to get promoted, we have to do it with a Goalscorer who can get over twenty goals in a season!!
    But then the way Igor started last season, HE looked like our big money 20 goal a season striker...

Charlton goal scoring stats since Killer and Flash have been pretty poor, either we have shared the goals around the team OR anyone who's scored a few goals either leaves or has to retire early.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015

@ca

Stewart said:

Leaburn I think.

But then the way Igor started last season, HE looked like our big money 20 goal a season striker...

Charlton goal scoring stats since Killer and Flash have been pretty poor, either we have shared the goals around the team OR anyone who's scored a few goals either leaves or has to retire early.
    Since Killer and Flash, how many Promotions have we had though?

Hopefully Igor can still become our 20-goal a season Striker, or if Vaz Te can recreate his Championship form although if we can keep him I could see Reza adapting to the League and managing it, especially if you look at his goals:

- Leeds United (and almost against Wigan)... Scored the sublime (Remember against Leeds it was against Jack Butland too)
    - Dagenham... I know it was against League Two opposition, but beat the Offside trap and scored 1:1, shame it wasnt him against Millwall
    - Sheffield Wednesday... Was in the right place at the right time and a real poachers goal.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    An absolute true legend in my eyes. Almost of Mark Kinsella status.

But before we get carried away, sorry to say its only 49 goals

10/11 14 goals (13 league, 1 FA Cup)
    11/12 13 goals (12 league, 1 FA Cup)
    12/13 12 goals (12 league)
    13/14 5 goals (5 league)
    14/15 2 goals (2 league0
    15/16 3 goals (3 League)

Confusion over a goal scored at Luton in a cup replay where Jackson took a free kick but it deflected in off Racon and was credited to Racon.

So still needs one more for the big 50.
  • Options
    http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=31170 This website has it at 49 excluding today so that should make it 50.
  • Options
    True legend and very decent bloke as well.
  • Options
    did he played the full 90 mins today?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Posted this on the other thread.

Jackson has proved his legs have gone. Had to use his head for last two.

Three!
  • Options

Posted this on the other thread.

Jackson has proved his legs have gone. Had to use his head for last two.

Three!
    God bless you

• Options
    foxjam said:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=31170 This website has it at 49 excluding today so that should make it 50.

That'll do for me - welcome in our first 50 goal man since Carl.
  • Options
    how many did Darren Bent score?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

• Options

Taxi_Lad said:

seemed like more
  • Options
    There was some Twitter debate over whether that was 49 or 50. @cafcofficial have cleared it up.