Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    I like Jackson and all he has done for our Club over the years. But this Season, with a couple of exceptions, he has been very poor. He can't keep up with play and mistimes tackles, he can't get up the pitch regularly to score the goals he used to. The combination with Buyens, in central midfield is one of the reasons we are struggling.
    I still feel he could do a job screening the back four where his lack of pace would not be such a problem. We would then need more dynamic midfielders ahead of him, one could be Cousins. A box to box midfielder is still required who can weigh in with a number of goals.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Is Buyens really being "torn to shreds"? It's more commenting on him not being what we expected, a box to box midfielder, would make us forget about Poyet, of the quality we wouldn't usually be able to get etc.

We don't have many options, so I'd be happy to see either alongside Cousins to get some much needed pace and energy in the middle. Together they're too slow. For now I'd go with Jackson because we need to battle and as I said in the Buyens thread I think he looks good when things are going well but Jackson's the better player when it comes to tackling, leadership etc.

Was he touted as a box-to-box midfielder? I've always seen him as a deep lying play maker type of footballer. With a bit of energy around him creating space, it may bring the best of out him. Long balls pumped forward and just there to win the second ball does not.
    Might be wrong but I thought it was suggested when he signed, maybe by a Belgian journalist on Twitter, or one of the Belgian posters on here?
  • Options
    Slow and ring rusty JJ certainly is but he doesn't deserve to have to line up next to self-serving sh!thouses like Buyens & JBG, to name but 2, neither one ever risks a proper challenge, neither one tries to make up for their many many errors, a few silky passes or a couple of long range goals go no way to make up for their shameless fraud. Integrity and professionalism win every time and JJ has those in spades.
  • Options
    typifies the real Charlton spirit. Would want him in the team. On the pitch now. coach for the future
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Fair play mate @MartinhoCAFC for putting your hands up, there's several posters on here who shall remain nameless who can't wait to get a dig in on the skipper. He's not there just for what he does on the park and I admit he's not contributing what he he did two or three seasons ago but................. He has leadership qualities and those are priceless! I rest my case............ah sod it COLIN.
  • Options
    I'm not saying JJ didn't have a part to play in the victory against Brentford but as club captain shouldn't he be rallying the players before every game. Why is it we finally win a game and his the hero. Feels like loads want to deflect any plaudits away from the manager because of everything that has gone on of late.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

I'm not saying JJ didn't have a part to play in the victory against Brentford but as club captain shouldn't he be rallying the players before every game. Why is it we finally win a game and his the hero. Feels like loads want to deflect any plaudits away from the manager because of everything that has gone on of late.

Nick, it's a two way stretch the Manager and Captain should be as one, shouldn't they?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

While I agree he should be rallying the player before every game, his pre-Brentford message addressed to the fans is the one I refer to. Luzon certainly deserves credit for picking the team in a 4-4-2 formation 2 strikers up front and 2 natural wingers on the wings and Cousins in the middle. No-one can take that away from Luzon especially given the negativity he walked into.

Whoever has turned it round since the Norwich 1st half deserves the credit whether that's Luzon, Jackson or the whole squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I said Riga and Jackson when we had the thread recently, to be joint head coaches.
    Could Luzon, head coach and JJ assistance work ?
    I'm sure the words from JJ saying how well Luzon was working at Sparrows lane helped Guy and stopped Gobby people like me keep digging him out.

If Roland lets Jackson walk away he would be crazy without offering him a chance to get his coaching career underway,

Johnny Jackson is the main conduit with the fans, KM and RD will ignore that at their peril.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Yes red chaser i agree mate 100% can't really add to it :)
  • Options
    Remember at the beginning of the season when people were saying we should get rid of him because he was never going to get back into the team?
  • Options
    Captain fantastic. What a guy. He played a major part in keeping us up last year and hopefully will do the same again this year.
    RD owes him big-time!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    This is too much to take, how am I going to get to sleep tonight now, so have his legs gone or not? :confused: Ah, who cares great captain who is crucial to keeping the good ship 'Charlton', currently being run by the Belgian equivalent of Blackbeard, afloat.
  • Options
    Jacko just pops up with those crucial goals when we need them. He did it again yesterday. The first goal was crucial and he set the platform.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore. Shouldn't be starting as the game is passing him by.

OP was Feb 2014 :-)
  • Options
    Jackson and Diarra will be as hard to replace as Scott Parker was (still is)...

Kashi might be able to replace Diarra and will be interesting to see him in this Diamond Formation
  • Options
    Keep them coming!