Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    I will throw out this though, I think the fact RM is in a non executive role is a plus but not for any reasons said on here thus far

I think its a positive as he can add his knowledge but no longer have a casting vote in decision making , imo it was time for a complete change in that area

what I would like to see is people like Dave White back in the fold somewhere (sorry if that embarrasses you DW)

• Options
    Duchatelet roughly translates as 'from/of the stronghold or fortress' so let's hope this heralds a long overdue upturn in our home form and draws back some of the lost thousands. Let's hope too that CP retains the power to say who plays for us.
  • Options
    Sevensix said:

Duchatelet roughly translates as 'from/of the stronghold or fortress' so let's hope this heralds a long overdue upturn in our home form and draws back some of the lost thousands. Let's hope too that CP retains the power to say who plays for us.

An anagram of Roland Duchatelet is: Delude Charlton? Ta!

• Options
    well AUN me old pal even though we cant agree that meat is the best darn medicine around for man kind we both agree that people need to be judged on actions not one or 2 but on a period of time where the can express themselves

I a meeting RD later for an all you can eat meat buffet theres room for one more
  • Options
    That really will feck up your colon mate. You'll rue the day you didn't heed my advice NLA ;-)
  • Options
    all that veg will rot ya guts pal meat is the key ask 1 kidney Rob from the French corner shop in grove park
  • Options
    Thought you had rather large two veg nla ? ;0)
  • Options
    as big as sheff weds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought you had rather large two veg nla ? ;0)

But a small sausage to go with them ;-)
  • Options

Sorry but it makes me laugh some of the negativity on here. As a club Charlton have been crying out for new ownership as as far as I could see, we were only heading one way and that was to admin.
    I can't claim to know anything about RD apart from what I've read on here nor do I have any idea of his true intentions. Maybe it is a case of out of the frying pan into the huge fiery furnace, again I don't know. The fact is that NONE of you know for certain either.

Whatever he has done with his other clubs is what he has done with his other clubs and NOTHING AS YET, anything to do with Charlton. He may have a totally different gameplan in mind for us. I'm not gazing through my rose-tinted specs I'm just saying let's wait and fecking see. If in six months it becomes clear that he is shonky as hell then by all means pass your judgement. Until then, ffs, can we just be thankful that Charlton Athletic, the club we all love is a little bit more secure than this time yesterday.

Sorry but it makes me laugh some of the negativity on here. As a club Charlton have been crying out for new ownership as as far as I could see, we were only heading one way and that was to admin.
    I can't claim to know anything about RD apart from what I've read on here nor do I have any idea of his true intentions. Maybe it is a case of out of the frying pan into the huge fiery furnace, again I don't know. The fact is that NONE of you know for certain either.

Whatever he has done with his other clubs is what he has done with his other clubs and NOTHING AS YET, anything to do with Charlton. He may have a totally different gameplan in mind for us. I'm not gazing through my rose-tinted specs I'm just saying let's wait and fecking see. If in six months it becomes clear that he is shonky as hell then by all means pass your judgement. Until then, ffs, can we just be thankful that Charlton Athletic, the club we all love is a little bit more secure than this time yesterday.

No
  • Options

Yes

• Options
    Its great news
  • Options
    There's gonna be a bit about the takeover on bbc London news. Possibly an interview not sure. Starts at 18:30
  • Options
    Don't shoot the messenger but just had a text to say 'The new owners are on BBC London News at 6.30 ". That's in 5 mins so go turn on your TV's.
  • Options
    Been at work and have just logged on to ne greeted by this awesome news... Those Rihanna pictures were great.

Oh and I'm pleased about the takeover too.
  • Options
    Loved this comment under the story on Eurosport. I don't think we're going to be bored that's for sure!
    Duchatelet "an extensive knowledge of football" ? Best joke of the week. I'm Belgian and Duchatelet knows nothing about soccer, everybody knows that here. Just one example: checking the players' stats he realised that some (the midfielders) ran more than others. He asked the coach why. "Because they play in midfield and defenders and attackers run less than midfielders". "Then, why don't you put those midfielders in defense and attack in the second half, so everybody will run the same kilometres". Another time, he refused to sign a player who couldn't calculate the square root of a number. Also, be warned: he's in football for the money ONLY. Ask the Standard supporters, they assaulted his offices last June after learning he had repaid himself 22M€ from the club's funds. He owns several clubs, directly or via his wife or his son: Standard Liège (Pro League), Sint Truiden (Belgian D2), Carl Zeiss Iéna (German D4), Ujpest Dosza (Hungary) and now Charlton. He could call his firm "the Carrousel". Don't be surprised if you see bizarre signings in the future, players bought but never on the pitch etc. It's all part of the big Carrousel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC1 are live at The Valley - should be a segment in the next 20 minutes
  • Options
    But first, betting shops...
  • Options
    isn't the money out of Liege just repaying the loan he put in?
  • Options

But first, betting shops...

the amount i've done in betting shops over the years I could of bought the club
  • Options
    Needs to sort his dandruff out!
  • Options
    Oh here he comes! :-)
  • Options
    Razil on tv now?
  • Options
    Razil on bbc 1 now
  • Options
    Well done Barnie
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Does this mean a Pre Season Friend with Standard Liege?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beerschot_AC