Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options

WSS said:

The Daily Mail pretty much announced it was done last week do despite what others are proclaiming this has been well known for days. There is no real new news.

But it wasn't actually done was it?

The routine usually follows; sign name, shake hands, plenty of back slapping, ring sky sports news.
    In that order.

Nope, not at all but the media reported it that way. We're not the size to warrant constant updates so I really don't think there is a huge amount extra to report on.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Yes please Jimmy

00.00 to 00.24 of first video:

'We believed in Mr Duchatelets's project, I think it was important to have given him a chance, we've been patient for two years and we've listened and discussed things quite a lot. Now however what's really the final straw is the departure of (???? some player???) and the sale of the company to his family (this would probably be some kind of tax evasion policy?), and so now we've really decided to face up to Roland Duchatelet by telling him that he's really go to go'

The bits in italics are me reading between the lines. It's hard to know exactly what he's talking about because we've got two years of information missing here.
    Thanks

• Options
    Where's Airman ?
  • Options

If the club tries to sell The Valley then the trust will be offered the chance to raise the funds to buy it. In a nutshell. It won't effect the takeover.

Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

When does the AVC come into play?

If you mean ACV..... already in place.

I'm aware it's in place but does this mean that the Trust will be contacted before whoever is able to sign on the dotted line?
    Perhaps you could briefly outline the process of the ACV. Thanks
    Correct, it will not affect the takeover. Razil's fence is another more complicated matter as I have applied to get it listed as an ancient monument by English heritage, and hope to secure an art's council grant as a contemporary work of art/installation of major importance?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    WSS said:

The Daily Mail pretty much announced it was done last week do despite what others are proclaiming this has been well known for days. There is no real new news.

Exactly that. Like airman says Powell met the guy a week ago and people working at the club knew it was as good as done. A takeover needed to happen. Maybe there were ether opportunities out there, but ultimately it was duchalet who got the deal over the line and we will have to wait and see before judging him.
  • Options
    WSS said:

WSS said:

Only the small fact of that it wasn't done then but it is ,allegedly, done now.
    It was on sky pretty quick when the two Ronnie's took over and we were well off the radar then.

But it wasn't actually done was it?

The routine usually follows; sign name, shake hands, plenty of back slapping, ring sky sports news.
    In that order.

Nope, not at all but the media reported it that way. We're not the size to warrant constant updates so I really don't think there is a huge amount extra to report on.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

When does the AVC come into play?

Excuse #1 if it all goes Pete Tong.
  • Options

I think a couple of players got shirts today - let's see!!

Think there's a sale on at Debenhams so maybe JJ and Morro went to pick up some reduced Rocha John Rocha?
  • Options

I am scared to go to bed as I know that when I wake up there will be another 400 comments to trawl through

But they will all be from overseas so not ITK
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014

I think a couple of players got shirts today - let's see!!

Think there's a sale on at Debenhams so maybe JJ and Morro went to pick up some reduced Rocha John Rocha?
    See told you BIG ROB likes you :0) Had a Grey Goose yet mate or waiting until it is on the OS?
  • Options

Where's Airman ?

indeed

• Options
    he's just bought the club
  • Options
    Only got Smirnoff Vanilla in the house @RedChaser. But, you got me, I've had a cheeky shot. Or two.
  • Options
    Clique emergency board meeting
  • Options

Been 3 hours now and not a sniff from any other media outlet. Odd

I'm sure there will be an announcement tomorrow

Just catching up, and I've no idea where the Varney link has come from. 2+2=5 IMO

• Options

Where's Airman ?

indeed

Grounded
  • Options
    Good job the cricket is on to while away the hours :-0
  • Options

Just catching up, and I've no idea where the Varney link has come from. 2+2=5 IMO

To be fair,they didn't actually say Varney.

• Options

To be fair,they didn't actually say Varney.

I know mate, my guess would be it would be incorrect to think it was

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My best fence - concrete posts and panels is sadly under new ownership at our last place so ACV transfer might be tricky. We outsourced the one at the new gaff altho I designed it...

:D
  • Options
    Relax everyone. It's a done deal. Will be announced tomorrow around midday on the OS
  • Options

Accidentally pressed the star thing next to the thread.. Just come out of cinema to 222 emails. Great

You can't skip any of the Adam; you have to read then all one by one, otherwise they won't make any sense ;-)
  • Options
    Sorry I've not really followed the last 100 posts- too much scotch.

At about half eight Roland King of Belgium/ Roland Rat had bought the club.

Is this not the case now?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Where's Airman ?

Oddly enough, I've been watching last night's Sherlock. As suggested above, we could do with him.

A few thoughts. Only the Mail and the SLP in the media appear to have any sources - everyone else in the media is copying their stories and the official website at best, running agency copy, or lifting off message boards at worst so all should be ignored unless they have something new.

The Mail and the SLP have both been fed false information at various stages, so the latest SLP story being attributed to a boardroom source can be read two ways - either to show authenticity or to protect the authors against the possibility they are being played. But the guys at the paper are straightforward and experienced, so they will believe their source or they wouldn't have run with it.

I have deliberately not spoken to PV at any stage about takeovers and no information I have comes from him. I cannot confirm his involvement in anything, although I assume he has been in the mix on some level. There's no doubt there is a lot of bad feeling but I would always trust PV to act in the club's best interests and I don't believe RM would want to be party to something that he knows isn't good for CAFC either. You know what I think of the rest of them.
  • Options
    Now I know exactly how the Bill Murray character felt in Groundhog Day .
    I'm going to Wake up tomorrow . Click on Charlton Life and there are going to be dozens of more posting , none of which makes anything clearer.

Punxsutawney Phil has a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    razil said:

My best fence - concrete posts and panels is sadly under new ownership at our last place so ACV transfer might be tricky. We outsourced the one at the new gaff altho I designed it...

:D

Just look at the design they came up with to cover up your old lawn as well...

• Options
    Sacre bleu! (in bad French) best get Nelly started with tutoring me or I'll be asking Roland how much for a kilo of peaches and where is the railway station.. Instead of can we have the East stand open pls ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Where's Airman ?

Previous link to the club... significant axe to grind the with the board?

Only one conclusion, Airman's figuring out if the profit from last month's VOTV subscription was high enough for him to up his bid.

*EDIT: Or he could be watching Sherlock*
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm reading these comments from sunny Yorkshire.... told my unc darn sarf takeover done according to SLP, he says take a butchers at CL and here I am scrolling threw all these chuffing posts and we have to be up early up here... but we're 'ard up north ;-) image