Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    Who were the last owners Varney introduced and recommended to us?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Fair point but I think would actually have returned to the club with the other party. Just guessing though.
  • Options
    Whilst I can believe somebody may have knowledge that something is happening in relation to a deal, it doesn't mean they have an in depth knowledge of the motives of the buyer/buyers. In fact, it is ridiculous to think they have. We now have a period of uncertainty where we wait to see the next steps - it would be foolish to fill in the blanks with worst case scenarios. We should be thankful that a club on the slide is no longer that. I am also grateful to Chrissy and the lads for helping us get through a tough time in difficult circumstances.
  • Options

anyone with serious money would've done it, anyone with serious money thinking about it are full of hot air and baloney

Agree, and very succinctly put.

• Options

Don't think Mr. Duchatelet is the quiet shy retiring low profile type. I think he's going to be an interesting and controversial owner who divides opinion and does things his way or the highway.

I suspect that's a good bet. You might add unconventional too. The key question, from Liege to Jena to Budapest and now London, is whether he has a plan or is just playing?
    If he doesn't have a plan then he just pisses away £5 million a year and gets a lot of abuse for his trouble. I feel confident he will move us forward but also can't see him being here any longer than the chuckle brothers were.

Don't think Mr. Duchatelet is the quiet shy retiring low profile type. I think he's going to be an interesting and controversial owner who divides opinion and does things his way or the highway.

I suspect that's a good bet. You might add unconventional too. The key question, from Liege to Jena to Budapest and now London, is whether he has a plan or is just playing?
    The only plan which makes any sense is to have a crack at the play-offs. And then win promotion. It would take someone with far more football knowledge than I to measure the gap between our current squad and the top six but we have been a match for Ipswich, Leicester and Forest this season so maybe not so great?

I agree with both comments, of course. My question was focused more on the issue of whether he has a collective plan. Why buy four/five Clubs?!! It's a very expensive way to take advantage of the wretched loan system!! I'd like to think he sat down in his study one evening and thought it all through, but I somehow doubt that's what's happened.
  • Options

does he though, only 2 days ago we were all to bow to this snag and the fact its off virtually because Angeldust said so

scatter gun approach you will get some right some times

What he has said is both plausible and detailed. If he'd made it up he could write a thriller with that imagination.

He's usually spot on. The deal did seemingly hit a wall last week but now it appears to be sorted.

Reading between the lines it seems there might be more to this takeover than meets the eye - maybe just the first part of the story...

Who knows - let's just strap in and see where the ride takes us.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

so just to confirm.....

a rich belgian has taken us over and people now don't want him they want varney and his crew instead?

how do some of you ever manage to decide on what dinner to eat/socks to put on/foot to start walking with?

Your right Mr Bligh, roast beef, or chilli con carni for tea tomorrow night, I just can't decide...

• Sponsored links:

• Options

J could be true could be bollox

what I don't like and I said since that post from suthers

I am fed up with people Playing with our club

these so called proper Charlton people, fans ex board members who all have our club at heart allegedly

yet none of them step up with the cash until they have had their pound of flesh first

the club has been for sale for years

put up or shut up stop playing billy big balls and making snidey bullshit statements

Theres people on here and involved in cafac who I respect and trust 100% proper people who waived money to ensure we survived

they don't tell lies or write shit on message boards

Bang on mate , all very interesting though , to be honest all i want to see is stability throughout the club ok get some players in but more than anything make sure our academy players are good enough when ready to step into the 1st team , but financial stability is a must.
  • Options
    When does the AVC come into play?
  • Options

mrbligh said:

so just to confirm.....

a rich belgian has taken us over and people now don't want him they want varney and his crew instead?

how do some of you ever manage to decide on what dinner to eat/socks to put on/foot to start walking with?

Your right Mr Bligh, roast beef, or chilli con carni for tea tomorrow night, I just can't decide...

braise the beef in a couple of pints of ale for a few hours. loverly juberly
  • Options

Uboat said:

If its done then thanks to ms and tj for leaving us in a better position than when you found us.

ValleyGary doesn't seem to be on at the moment, so on his behalf I'd like to say 'This'.
    I'm just letting you know now I've got a girlfriend and I don't swing that way so this obsession needs to stop
    Well it can stop now that you're Jiminez is leaving.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

does he though, only 2 days ago we were all to bow to this snag and the fact its off virtually because Angeldust said so

scatter gun approach you will get some right some times

What he has said is both plausible and detailed. If he'd made it up he could write a thriller with that imagination.

He's usually spot on. The deal did seemingly hit a wall last week but now it appears to be sorted.

Reading between the lines it seems there might be more to this takeover than meets the eye - maybe just the first part of the story...

Who knows - let's just strap in and see where the ride takes us.
    agree, he's either been writing a thriller on football takeovers and just changed the names or he's seriously in the know. Something told me it was strange that the SLP reported it completed in the same way the josh harris rumour was presented as almost fact by the SLP and has been shown to be leaked by MS himself...
  • Options
    Even if Varney was involved, do we honestly expect the men with the actual money to be some sort of philanthropists wanting to invest purely for the good of the club?

The only reason anyone would consider taking us over would surely be that they can see the potential for a return on their investment before they can sell it on themselves.

Having PV on board might make it all seem a bit more palatable at the start, but as WSS pointed out we've been there before.
  • Options
    @AllLeftFoot knows what foot to start walking with
  • Options
    I'm lost now....is Angel Dust saying the deal hasn't been done or that RD is a middleman and will be selling on to PV and Co once the dust settles.....
  • Options
    ANGELDUST "If not they will sell to Duchatelet which will cost them money "

am i reading this right , that TJ AND Co would rather sell to a lower bid than Varneys posse .... yeah righto

• Options
    From previous reports Powell knows what money he has and has already drawn up a list of targets. Those same reports suggest the new owner wants to give Chrissy a chance which is what we all want.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

When does the AVC come into play?

If you mean ACV..... already in place.

• Options
    But Swisdom if I was to say to you that I was told by a very very very good source it hit no snag and is still well within the date I was told we would see conclusion from when I was told DD had gone well it would counter that wouldn't it

Angeldust gets told stuff some comes off some don't I get told stuff some comes off some don't

it doesn't make me the oracle and it don't Angeldust either

I am just sick to the back teeth of people playing you and I and every other person on here to show how big their dicks are
  • Options
    Fabrique belgique
  • Options

Even if Varney was involved, do we honestly expect the men with the actual money to be some sort of philanthropists wanting to invest purely for the good of the club?

The only reason anyone would consider taking us over would surely be that they can see the potential for a return on their investment before they can sell it on themselves.

Having PV on board might make it all seem a bit more palatable at the start, but as WSS pointed out we've been there before.

KEH have come out and said they expect to make zero money from Ebbsfleet, they may feel the same about Charlton.
    WSS said:

but each time Varney has been involved at the club it's sparked an era of positivity and arguably our best ever seasons. He would've known Cash was behind TJ and MS and so for that reason backed that particular group. KEH are on another level to KC and Duchatelet.
  • Options

ANGELDUST "If not they will sell to Duchatelet which will cost them money "

am i reading this right , that TJ AND Co would rather sell to a lower bid than Varneys posse .... yeah righto

Wouldn't be the first time they've tried tugging at PV's heartstrings.
  • Options

Been one of Powells biggest critics yet I feel he deserves and has earnt the right to be given a chance with some money behind him, but I honestly don't think he will. Think Roland will appoint his own bloke.

Fair comment m8 but this evening no one knows if this will transpire to be a great day for all at CAFC or a case of out of the frying pan.....

With another 6 months on contract CP maybe left to hang for a 6 month trial period?

My biggest concern is that players will be shifted around the various clubs to the detriment of CAFC.

But that's all in the future so let's see how the situation develops over the coming weeks and months - I'm sure that it won't be dull!
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

could cafc1263 be talking about Peter Varney and Qatari money..??

Wouldn't rule it out if you read Angeldust on ITTV tonight.
  • Options
    I'm confused. Take Over thread No 4 please.