Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Varney coming back would be my preferred choice but then, I'm not the one selling the club.
    Profit will win the day, and you can't blame the current lot for wanting the best deal.
    They don't even have an emotional connection to us.

What slightly concerns about the RD deal and loaning of Standard Liege players is...does Chris Powell want them?

Slippery slope if the chairman starts signing players.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Profit will win the day, and you can't blame the current lot for wanting the best deal.

ANGELDUST "If not they will sell to Duchatelet which will cost them money "
  • Options
    had enough of reading the same speculation lets see what tomorrow brings ... I need to put the bins out
  • Options

I want positive actions from the word go. I want Roland to be open and frank with us supporters. I want the Academy to be funded to full category one status. I want some of our better players signed up and I want a genuine vote of confidence in and for Chris Powell by way of a three year contract. Oh and a new pitch please.

Don't forget the potholes and the hand dryers
  • Options
    it will all become clear but if cafc1263 is telling the truth the other money is European
  • Options

I want positive actions from the word go. I want Roland to be open and frank with us supporters. I want the Academy to be funded to full category one status. I want some of our better players signed up and I want a genuine vote of confidence in and for Chris Powell by way of a three year contract. Oh and a new pitch please.

What about the potholes?
  • Options
    Since when did we start taking things on ITTV as gospel? The deal was apparently dead in the water a couple of days ago
  • Options
    Confused.com! Has the deal been done or not?
  • Options

Pushy bastard.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Cue the usual suspects claiming they heard it was done last night/this morning.

The only person who seems to have called it was the guy on ITTV. Assuming it wasn't a lucky guess he deserves some cudos for the scoop.

Yeah agreed. That angeldust fella knows his onions.
    A proxy for one of the parties involved in the deal e.g. from the regime who sold to TJ & Co????
  • Options

Since when did we start taking things on ITTV as gospel? The deal was apparently dead in the water a couple of days ago

this

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Whilst I don't like to say it - It is probably prudent for the owner to say to Powell - you have 6 months to prove to me you warrant a new improved contract. Where it could backfire is where other clubs are sniffing around but If Powell does badly that is unlikely and if he does well, he will know he is likely to get a good new deal.
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Cue the usual suspects claiming they heard it was done last night/this morning.

The only person who seems to have called it was the guy on ITTV. Assuming it wasn't a lucky guess he deserves some cudos for the scoop.

Yeah agreed. That angeldust fella knows his onions.
    A proxy for one of the parties involved in the deal e.g. from the regime who sold to TJ & Co????
    I'm thinking so. Posting it on CL would be too obvious. I can see reservations about taking anything posted on a messageboard too seriously. We'll have to wait and see, as it stands, Roland is ready to takeover the club.
  • Options

Hopefully he longs Liege off so he's got more cash to spend on us!

What does longs off mean?
  • Options
    gets rid of
  • Options

Solidgone said:

When does the AVC come into play?

If you mean ACV..... already in place.

I'm aware it's in place but does this mean that the Trust will be contacted before whoever is able to sign on the dotted line?
    Perhaps you could briefly outline the process of the ACV. Thanks
  • Options

I think it has something to do with cricket.

• Options
    edited January 2014

If the club tries to sell The Valley then the trust will be offered the chance to raise the funds to buy it. In a nutshell. It won't effect the takeover.
    Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

I'm aware it's in place but does this mean that the Trust will be contacted before whoever is able to sign on the dotted line?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

To avoid any more problems I hear the trust has transferred the ACV to Razil's fence, which means if the new owners wish to knock it down (shouldn't take long) & relocate it to a patch of land near the Dome we need to be informed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mrbligh said:

gets rid of

Wrong thread but I now know I'm getting old, I've only just mastered 'binned off'.
  • Options
    Been 3 hours now and not a sniff from any other media outlet. Odd
  • Options
    isn't it carly was thinking the same
  • Options

I think it has something to do with cricket.

That's what I thought, next the youth of today will be using the term silly point and cow corner to describe things...

Anyway still no confirmed news, I can't stay up any later, still struggling after a heavy new year followed by a heavy Ipswich and work. Can someone itk tell me the exact time it'll be confirmed so I can have a celebratory dump?

• Options
    I am scared to go to bed as I know that when I wake up there will be another 400 comments to trawl through
  • Options
    The Daily Mail pretty much announced it was done last week do despite what others are proclaiming this has been well known for days. There is no real new news.
  • Options
    if it's not on the OS by midday tomorrow i think something fishy might be going on, until then, goodnight!
  • Options
    WSS said:

The Daily Mail pretty much announced it was done last week do despite what others are proclaiming this has been well known for days. There is no real new news.

But it wasn't actually done was it?

The routine usually follows; sign name, shake hands, plenty of back slapping, ring sky sports news.
    In that order.

• Options
    I think a couple of players got shirts today - let's see!!