Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Portland, Maine for the weekend. Tomorrow is the annual wild beer spectacular, but tonite the same bar is having a tap takeover by Other Half. Tough drinking with those %’s. 

• Options
    Sour beer day, sort of fitting after that result. 

They even supply free Tums, because this is going to hurt. 

• Options
    Portland, Maine for the weekend. Tomorrow is the annual wild beer spectacular, but tonite the same bar is having a tap takeover by Other Half. Tough drinking with those %’s. 

Not to mention the prices! 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @Bournemouth Addick, you should see the bottle pour prices on the other side. 6oz of a Drie Fonteinen rarity for just $22. 

Nobody said this was going to be easy.......or cheap. 
  • Options
    What's 6oz about 1/3 pint? That's ridiculous! 
  • Options
    What's 6oz about 1/3 pint? That's ridiculous! 
    I make that just a bit over £55 a pint
  • Options
    My beerhawk advent calendar has arrived and taken over the kitchen. Soon my pretty!
  • Options
    Rochford Beer Festival tomorrow. I've good intentions of reporting back, but it might get a bit messy.

https://www.see.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=131378
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    My beerhawk advent calendar has arrived and taken over the kitchen. Soon my pretty!
    Lovely looking calendar. Hope it's full of goodies and not short dated tripe..
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Rochford Beer Festival tomorrow. I've good intentions of reporting back, but it might get a bit messy.

https://www.see.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=131378
    Keg and cask? Like a stoaty mcmilkshake but only seen it on keg. Let me know if now available in cask format. 
    Enjoy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beer hawk special offer, I have just bought the perfect draft system, 2 kegs and 2 glasses for £232.98.

But hurry because stock is getting low.
  • Options
    @McBobbin please post your daily beers on here...  Reason being that I had that calendar before and it's about as 'craft' as your local Greene King boozer..which might, of course, not matter to you, but it really did to me.

I've had the 'local' one from Hop Burns and Black for the last few years and it's truly excellent...but at £99 you'd hope so eh?  Will also post daily beers here.  Happy drinking. Cheers
  • Options
    Sure thing @Charlton_Charlie I'll see what I can do. Last year was decent, pretty sure some of them were quite widely available but apart from Kvak or whatever it's called don't think I had had them before. Nice mix of light and dark beers, and only a few stinkers
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Wiper and True, really smooth milk stout from Bristol :smiley:
    Wasn't that Ena Sharples' tipple of choice?

• Options
    Had a pint of Five Points Railway Porter last night in The Clachan in Soho. What a fabulous pint that was, perfect for a miserable autumn evening. 
    A proper porter too, bitter with sour notes. Really lovely.
  • Options
    I've just moved to a job at Liverpool Street, and my god the prices round here are shocking
  • Options
    I've just moved to a job at Liverpool Street, and my god the prices round here are shocking
    When I worked up there I used to take a short stroll to some of The Spitalfields pubs.
    It was like walking into a different world, just by crossing the road.
    There used to be some "proper pubs" then, as opposed to a lot of the poncy ones around Liverpool Street.
    The Weatherspoons on Liverpool St station will presumably be the cheapest.
  • Options
    When I worked up there I used to take a short stroll to some of The Spitalfields pubs.
    It was like walking into a different world, just by crossing the road.
    There used to be some "proper pubs" then, as opposed to a lot of the poncy ones around Liverpool Street.
    The Weatherspoons on Liverpool St station will presumably be the cheapest.
    Hamilton Halls.  Prices reasonable enough for the City. Bit of a football pub at select times.  No shortage of Big Issue salesmen...

Been teetotal for 5 years but when i worked in town,  07.00  full English breakfast with two pints of Westons White Top and then off to work!

• Options
    Spitalfields Market is one of the most expensive food markets I've seen, most lunches there are £7-9 (and I'm a big eater...), so I've avoided the drinking spots

Only been here a month so I need to hunt down the good boozers
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Spitalfields Market is one of the most expensive food markets I've seen, most lunches there are £7-9 (and I'm a big eater...), so I've avoided the drinking spots

The pub was on the other side of the market, first main road you came to.
    I saw Ken Stott (Rebus) in there once, having a quiet pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I really like The Rake, but it can be pricey.
  • Options
    First up, I have "sweet child o pine" a seasonal pale ale from Weird Beard in Chiswick. I had a massive weekend, and manflu, so might build up to a tasting later in the week
  • Options
    Opened my Hop Burns & Black advent calendar today and beer #1 is Verdant Brewery's Fruit Car Sight Exhibition DIPA which I've had before and is a banger...
  • Options
    Opened my Hop Burns & Black advent calendar today and beer #1 is Verdant Brewery's Fruit Car Sight Exhibition DIPA which I've had before and is a banger...
    Probably one of Verdants best beers.
    Putty is the best thing they do, sadly it's very infrequent.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Probably one of Verdants best beers.
    Putty is the best thing they do, sadly it's very infrequent.
    Next batch should be released in Jan. They now brew it before Xmas so they can give it longer in the tanks during their Xmas shut down without it effecting their regular brewing schedule
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    got the beefwulf advent calendar but only started today ! 

1 - Afligem 300ml 9%

Slightly sweet tasting but imagine dangerous on a hot summers day. 

• Options
    Day 2 in the mcbobbin house: everyday hero, new world IPA from the Amundsen brewery. Guessing it's Norwegian. Stuffing my face with some out of date stuff purchased for a pound. Will save the decent stuff and report back. Just had "collaboration beer" by vibrant forest brewery, and unity brewing co... A spiced Belgian Dobbel. Like all recent Belgian attempts of note, pissy vinegar. Boo.
  • Options
    Todays offering from Beerwulf

Brixton Brewery Atlantic APA 330ml 5.4%
    citrus undertones but fairly pleasant. 

Rating: 6.5 Lungs. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Todays offering from Beerwulf

Brixton Brewery Atlantic APA 330ml 5.4%
    citrus undertones but fairly pleasant. 

Rating: 6.5 Lungs. 
    One of my favs.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Was at the British Guild of Beer Writers Awards Dinner last night. Our book, Today South London, Tomorrow South London was nominated in the Beer & Travel Writing category - didn't win, but still an honour to be involved. 

Anyway, Brewer of the Year was...

Burnt Mill.