Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    On brewdog bars- the best option is often the guest beer, their own beer is decent but there is regularly  a better guest

been overseas lately, in hotter climes, so had to get by on Guinness and lager, but tonight kicked off with Jakehead by Wylam’s, bit of Pomona Island and now on neo-human cannonball by magic rock 
  • Options
    Had a great beer in the states called jeremiah red. Best beer I've ever had. Red ale, crisp and about 7% or more i think. 

• Options
    2121 said:
    Had a great beer in the states called jeremiah red. Best beer I've ever had. Red ale, crisp and about 7% or more i think. 

Californian and malty (7.3%)?
  • Options
    2121 said:

Californian and malty (7.3%)?
    Yes. Easy to find on google but hard to purchase. Would love to buy it.

they call it irish style. I had no idea this was a thing. 
  • Options
    Off to a craft beer festival in Stockholm this weekend...will try and remember to log what I drink...
  • Options
    Off to a craft beer festival in Stockholm this weekend...will try and remember to log what I drink...

Do you think the beer will be that bad then? ;-)
  • Options
    Saw the local Sainsbury’s had Duvel so thought I’d get a couple for the football. Very nice and typically Belgian with the strength to match. Not my favourite Belgian blond but I’d have it again. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    MrWalker said:
    The Ten Bells applied a 10 per cent late night fee to the price of a pint
    Bloody hell, £7.05 per pint. Jack the Ripper was less cut-throat.

'Late night pricing' ffs.

I bet they do not have happy hours to compensate.

An absolute joke.  I'd not go back in there again if I was you.
  • Options
    Saw the local Sainsbury’s had Duvel so thought I’d get a couple for the football. Very nice and typically Belgian with the strength to match. Not my favourite Belgian blond but I’d have it again. 

You would not want 6 of those pre-match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Green beer is an Easter tradition here. This one is a microbrewery offer, with the green provided by nettles. TBH it doesn't seem to me to bring much extra in taste, but it looks nice, especially when its so sunny outside. 

Happy Easter everyone.
  • Options
    Been on this tonight. Years ago wouldn't have gone near it but love a sour now...

• Options

Not bad stuff tbf, 75p a can from Lidl cannot be knocked.

21.00 on a Saturday indoors, for the next 6 months as well :'(
  • Options
    Been on this tonight. Years ago wouldn't have gone near it but love a sour now...

I’ve had a couple of Siren sours at an annual festival in Portland,Maine. I was impressed. 
  • Options
    At moment am just drinking  Hobgoblin ruby from Aldi £3.99 for 4x500ml 

looking at the beer delivery companies and can’t really justify 36 odd quid for their boxes of 12 bottles some of which are only 330ml 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

looking at the beer delivery companies and can’t really justify 36 odd quid for their boxes of 12 bottles some of which are only 330ml 

Do you like Titanic beers? I love their Plum Porter and their stout so ordered 8 of each direct from the brewery....16 500ml bottles....came to £42 including £6 delivery....arrived within 48 hours too.
  • Options
    My local, London Beer Factory, is £20 for 12 cans. Free delivery if order is over £50. Not sure how widely they deliver. 
  • Options
    12 bottles of Corona for a tenner. Practically giving it away! 
  • Options
    cheers - will have a look at those 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Had this on Saturday from Brick, really nice. Loving sours at the moment 

• Options
    se9addick said:

Had this on Saturday from Brick, really nice. Loving sours at the moment 

Why are your beers always on the radiator? I know for a fact that you own at least one table.
  • Options
    On this tonight while cooking a chilli. Recommended! 

• Options
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    On this tonight while cooking a chilli. Recommended! 

Like the wallpaper colour.
  • Options
    No beer for me since lockdown. This may be the longest without a beer for me since I was a teenager. Anyway, I can’t spend too much time posting here, I need to order some red wine.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Do you like Titanic beers? I love their Plum Porter and their stout so ordered 8 of each direct from the brewery....16 500ml bottles....came to £42 including £6 delivery....arrived within 48 hours too.
    I love their Plum Porter...