Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Are the qualifiers televised or streamed anywhere?
    Not on mainstream bud, they are on eurosport player (online only) which you can pay for, i mostly just pick up from Bet 365 which seems to be showing most of them.

I know previous years showdown day(final day) has been streamed on facebook, such a shame they cant get it onto Eurosport or even BBC
  • Options
    They are being streamed by Eurosport
    https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/
  • Options
    clive said:
    They are being streamed by Eurosport
    https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/
    Don't you have to pay to sign up/subscribe? just might be worth giving the heads up when people can watch for free on other means, also sometimes they pop up on Facebook/youtube if you are looking. 
  • Options
    Ok so i kind of jynxed the two young men, Mertens losing from 5-1 up and Robbie 6-5 loss aswell. A shame but no doubt good experiance.

Hendry lost 6-1 as predicted, but i saw this year was more of a warm up and next year he will be trying alot harder as he didn't have the match practice, hopefully his chapter isn't closed just yet. 

noone of note to mention today, but ill keep an eye on results. Still on Qualifying round 2 so 3 matches still to win for most to get to the Crucible. 
  • Options
    Jimmy White has been given an invitational tour card for the next two seasons on the World Snooker Tour
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/56709177
  • Options
    clive said:
    Jimmy White has been given an invitational tour card for the next two seasons on the World Snooker Tour
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/56709177
    Not a fan of this, i get it just i dont feel they should have endless invitations for a tour card.I dont feel he has earnt it, equally the same with Reanne and the women that have been given spots. 
  • Options
    JUDGEMENT DAY 1 

Todays 8 games, will be spread over 2 sessions, best of 19, I think youtube + facebook cover these every year. failing that if you want to get a specific game sometimes best to check betting sites.

Zhou Yuelong v Liam Highfield
    Matt Selt v Scott Donaldson
    Robert Milkins v Kurt Maflin
    Lu Haotain v Chang Bingyu
    Graeme Dott v Tian Pengfei
    Jamie Jones v Li Hang
    Lu Ning v Liang Wenbo
    Mark Davis v Jamie Clarke

Some tight matches here, first session 11am. 5pm will be the second. 

We've lost a few well known players Joe Perry, Michael Holt, Stevens, Joe Connor, Tom Ford

Been really impressed with Bai Langning, who overcame Mcmanus the round before, had a good win again journeyman Ben Woolaston, looks like he has a bright future he got on the tour for last year but due to COVID couldn't come over and play any events.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Half way house update, some very surprising/ one sided results. 
    Dott 1-8 Tian Peng  , i have Tian in an underdog bet but also had Dott in another lol but still never expected going into the evening session needing 2 more.
    Maflin 7-2 Milkins, I expected this to be alot closer. 
    Jamie Jones 7-2 Li Hang 
    Lu Haotain 5-4 Chang Bingyu, Bingyu impressed opened up with a total clearance, Lu went 4-1 up but some game. 
    Selt 6-2 Donaldson, another one Selt has made the Worlds twice out of many attempts of being a pro, really hard thought close one so not done yet. 
    Yuelong 4-5 Highfield , I actually think Yuelong for me with Bingham is a stand out in the qualifiers and has the most potential to do well if he qualifies, not having it his own way here and Highfield would be a shock win here imo
    Lu Ning 5-4 Wenbo - Not a shock really Liang Wenbo is so inconsistent and blows hot and cold
    Jamie Clarke 7-2 Davis, although the lowest ranking of the two we all know Clarkes talent, Davis still capable but another shock by the scoreline and not the result

i have a treble on Tian/ Maflin & Selt, the supposed value/underdog one, who is going to mess it up from here pays 9/1, £10-£100 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This shot alot of people play in pool, its getting alot of hype. He didn't mean to pot it just hit it. Great shot but i think people have gone way OTT in my opinion, what was more annoying Day fluked one in the decider and went on to which means Louis will now have to qualify via Q school i believe. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed. Have often seen them use the middle jaw, not so much the corner when that much distance though. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Agreed. Have often seen them use the middle jaw, not so much the corner when that much distance though. 
    with the distance involved,its a brilliant shot but i've seen it pool and snooker so to me doesn't feel as good as social media has made out. I have seen it going around alot lol 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This shot alot of people play in pool, its getting alot of hype. He didn't mean to pot it just hit it. Great shot but i think people have gone way OTT in my opinion, what was more annoying Day fluked one in the decider and went on to which means Louis will now have to qualify via Q school i believe. 
    Just saw this so thought I would quickly let you know that Louis should be fine as he is currently 4th on the 1 year list and top 8 stay on.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Just saw this so thought I would quickly let you know that Louis should be fine as he is currently 4th on the 1 year list and top 8 stay on.

It was a bit of a guess tbf, cheers Paulie thanks for letting me know. I hope so he has started to find his feet of late so good news. 

Hope you are well mate?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    with the distance involved,its a brilliant shot but i've seen it pool and snooker so to me doesn't feel as good as social media has made out. I have seen it going around alot lol 
    I don't think he would hit that very often, maybe one in twenty. The yellow wasn't all that close to the cushion and the white normally stays closer to the rail when you use the jaws. You don't really have much control and he was lucky just to hit it, but to pot it was ridiculous. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I don't think he would hit that very often, maybe one in twenty. The yellow wasn't all that close to the cushion and the white normally stays closer to the rail when you use the jaws. You don't really have much control and he was lucky just to hit it, but to pot it was ridiculous. 
    fair point, i think hitting it closer to 1 in 10. Although the pot is slightly irrelevant for me its a fluke, bit of a brucie bonus if you ask me. 
  • Options
    First 8 through to the crucible to face a top 16 player: 
    Maflin 10-4 Milkins
    Selt 10-3 Donaldson
    Jamie Jones 10-5 Li Hang
    Haotian 10-6 Bingyu
    Mark Davis 10-8 (from 7-2 down) 
    Tian Pengfei 10-7 Dott (Dott was 8-1 down, so nearly some fightback)
    Liam Highfield 10-7 Yuelong (the 17th seed is out, big shock for me) 
    Liang Wenbo 10-7 Lu Ning
  • Options
    Todays line up for judgement day part 2, draw tomorrow AM
    Figuiredo v Joyce
    Day v Walden
    Bai Langning v Martin Gould (Bai is the lowest ranking to get to this point, impressed me so far but big task today) 
    Hallworth v Wilson (potential shock for me, Wilson hasn't been firing yet if he does he goes through)
    Carter v Ursenbacher
    Xintong v Sam Craigie
    Wakelin v Guodong
    Brecel v Bingham (potential for tie of the round, although Bingham should make it through)

Shows how tight snooker is these days, no formality games there. You can watch showdown day on World Snooker Tour social media Youtube or Facebook, or alternatively for a specific game i usually find betting sites better.
  • Options

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Half time update: 
    Figuiredo 3 v 6 Joyce 
    Day 3 v 6 Walden
    Bai Langning 5 v 4 Martin Gould 
    Hallworth 2 v 7 Wilson 
    Carter 6 v 3 Ursenbacher
    Xintong  5 v 4 Sam Craigie
    Wakelin  5 v  4 Guodong
    Brecel  3 v 6 Bingham - Bingham has hit 3 centuries, i think he could be the one to avoid in the first round. 

We could have a few close ones , equally a few 6-3 could turn into a quick affair. Kick off T - 2 Hours (1700 hours UK time) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    great replay by the BBC there. They put up their ident before the ball goes into the pocket. 
  • Options
    Didn't realise Bingham had fallen out of the top 16
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    MrOneLung said:

Alright @paulie8290
    Didn’t realise you were back on here. Hope all is well with you.
    Even if it’s just a flying visit, keep looking after yourself. 👍🏼
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    So the final 8 that went through are : 
    Sam Craigie (Great win 10-9 v Xintong) 
    Mark Joyce
    Chris Wakelin (Debut) another nice win against a top china player Guodong
    Gould (beat the one i was following Bai Langning. still one to watch out for i think he was 4-2 up but Gould kicked into gear and is a top player on his day won 10-5)
    Carter beat Ursenbacher
    Bingham solid win v Luca Brecel
    Walden beat Day
    Gary Wilson beat Steve Hallworth

Quite a few of those could be tricky openers, depending on the draw i have a feeling Ronnie will be out early maybe first round this year. I'll have a look to see who he draws first. 

draw today at 11am, i will try and post if i can. Unless @clive
    or @paulie8290 are on the ball... 

Currently i have backed Robbo, Kyren Wilson, Maguire (ew) Yan Bingtao (ew), two small punts on 200/1 Davis + Craigie (before yesterday he is now 150) both have the game to beat anyone but still dont feel they will do it just seemed decent value.
  • Options

World Championship draw

Quarter one

• Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Joyce
    • Anthony McGill v Ricky Walden
    • Neil Robertson v Liang Wenbo
    • Jack Lisowski v Ali Carter

Quarter two

• Barry Hawkins v Matthew Selt
    • Kyren Wilson v Gary Wilson
    • John Higgins v Tian Pengfei
    • Mark Williams v Sam Craigie

Quarter three

• Mark Allen v Lyu Haotian
    • Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin
    • Shaun Murphy v Mark Davis
    • Yan Bingtao v Martin Gould

Quarter four

• Ding Junhui v Stuart Bingham
    • Stephen Maguire v Jamie Jones
    • David Gilbert v Chris Wakelin
    • Judd Trump v Liam Highfield

• Options
    This is not the order of play, just the order drawn. Ronnie will get us underway on Saturday as the defending champ. Some crackers in here and as normal you would expect a few seeds to go out at least..

Murphy v Davis
    Allen v Haotian
    Trump v Highfield
    Ding v Bingham
    Mcgill v Walden
    Williams v Craigie
    Maguire v Jamie Jones
    Selby v Maflin
    Wilson v Wilson :)
    Higgins v Tian Peng
    Gilbert v Wakelin
    Lisowski v Carter
    Ronnie v Joyce (best draw for him so no shock here)
    Hawkins v Selt
    Robertson v Wenbo
    Yan Bingtao v Gould
  • Options
    clive said:

World Championship draw

Quarter one

• Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Joyce
    • Anthony McGill v Ricky Walden
    • Neil Robertson v Liang Wenbo
    • Jack Lisowski v Ali Carter

Quarter two

• Barry Hawkins v Matthew Selt
    • Kyren Wilson v Gary Wilson
    • John Higgins v Tian Pengfei
    • Mark Williams v Sam Craigie

Quarter three

• Mark Allen v Lyu Haotian
    • Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin
    • Shaun Murphy v Mark Davis
    • Yan Bingtao v Martin Gould

Quarter four

• Ding Junhui v Stuart Bingham
    • Stephen Maguire v Jamie Jones
    • David Gilbert v Chris Wakelin
    • Judd Trump v Liam Highfield

You sir are on the ball, i salute you! haha better to have in quarters

• Options
    Cheers 
  • Options

I'm not sure Clive's draw is correct. This is what I've seen.

Ronnie O’Sullivan (1) vs Mark Joyce
    Ricky Walden vs Anthony McGill (16)
    Ding Junhui (9) vs Stuart Bingham
    Jamie Jones vs Stephen Maguire (8)

John Higgins (5) vs Tian Pengfei
    Sam Craigie vs Mark Williams (12)
    Mark Allen (13) vs Lyu Haotian
    Kurt Maflin vs Mark Selby (4)

Neil Robertson (3) vs Liang Wenbo
    Ali Carter vs Jack Lisowski (14)
    Barry Hawkins (11) vs Matthew Selt
    Gary Wilson vs Kyren Wilson (6)