Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Options
    How stupid was that. Don't they know Carbs is one of the quickest fielders in the world?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Glad we got them for under 300 and Haddin didn't get the first century of the series. Our turn now, let's pile on the runs.
  • Options
    Sharp work from Prior too, that throw was bloody quick and behind him
  • Options
    Big, big test for Carberry now. Hope not, but I fear he'll struggle against Harris. Fancy him to thrash Johnson and Siddle all round the ground though, so if they can see off the first 12-15 overs, we could be in for a long day of batting.
  • Options
    Only a couple of overs and don't want to tempt fate but Cook and Carbs look pretty solid, compact and more to the point positive in approach. Especially with Johnson hitting leg and outside most balls.
  • Options
    Any other virgin media customers whose tv feed is not working? So annoying as their phone help is out until 8am and I have no channels on display.
  • Options
    Johnson trying to bowl the same ball every ball.
  • Options
    Johnson bowling far too full.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Riviera said:

Johnson bowling far too full.

Tempted fate there. He's just dug his first one in. Pulled for 4 by Cook.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Harris constantly hitting 7th/8th stump. Does he think we are as stupid as the Aussies?
  • Options
    That was a Jaffa from Johnson
  • Options
    'ave it
  • Options
    Once again Channel 9's camera work makes it look like you're watching Playstation cricket
  • Options
    Indeed but typically for Johnson, followed by two dross balls.
  • Options
    Oh I know I'm going to regret this, but Cook looks nice and settled. Lovely leave there.
  • Options
    Aussies are so flat. None of them have any mongrel in them.
  • Options
    Massive difference in approach - our openers look like they have a plan and know what balls and shots they are going to play. Their batsmen didn't.
  • Options
    Bugger
  • Options
    Corker of a ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh I know I'm going to regret this, but Cook looks nice and settled. Lovely leave there.

Prick!
    ;-(
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Prick!
    ;-(
    Fucking typical. I'm not tempting fate again this series. Nothing but vague generalisations and comments. Cracking ball from Harris.
  • Options
    Johnson is a total enigma. How can someone get it so wrong so consistently and then do the complete opposite without knowing what it takes to do the latter. Brainless?
  • Options
    I think a lot of Johnson's inconsistency stems from his slingy action. It must be almost impossible for coaches to teach him the mechanics of repeatable delivery when he chucks it from about 2 o'clock.
  • Options

I think a lot of Johnson's inconsistency stems from his slingy action. It must be almost impossible for coaches to teach him the mechanics of repeatable delivery when he chucks it from about 2 o'clock.

Agree but Malinga had an even worst action going but was one of the best at bowling at the end of a limited overs game. Difference I think is that Malinga knew what he was doing and therefore was consistent whereas Johnson is trial and error most of the time.

• Options
    ffs come on England
  • Options
    Oh Trotty, you prat.
  • Options
    You silly boy Trott.
  • Options
    Why didn't either bend down and do their laces to delay time to prevent another over. It was 11.59 on the clock before the final ball of Siddels over . Schoolboy error
  • Options
    Carberry gone, not good at all this.