Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Options
    195-6 off 20.
    Dernbach goes for 26 off the last over (466442).
    "Death-bowler" ?
  • Options
    Dernbach why? Discuss.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

195-6 off 20.
    Dernbach........"Death-bowler" ?

...well I'd like to shoot him ;o)
  • Options
    Shouldn't be surprised at that last over. Nasser mentioned viewers throwing things at their TV's, well I would not want to waste good money over a crap bowler such as Dernbach. Awful. Why is he in the side?????????????
  • Options
    Dernbach is an atrocity
  • Options
    19-2 off 4.
    177/96.
  • Options
    33-3 priceless.
  • Options
    43-3 off 7.
    153/78.
  • Options
    75-4 0ff 11.
    121/54.
  • Options
    99-8 shakes head.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    100-8 off 15.
    96/30.

May lose this one.....
  • Options
    Don't worry .. Ashley G'll fix it .. it looks and sounds (Giles Clarke R5 Interview) increasingly as though Giles A (note the same name folks) will be a shoo in for the England coach/manager role for all 3 international formats and that the wonderful, talented human that is Flower will get a major and well paying role within the ECB .. face fitters are us and j f t b (that is jobs for the boys) is still well and alive within English cricket. As the esteemed poster Riviera posted recently and a sentiment with which I fully agree, if Giles gets the job, the ECB will get not a penny of my (nor Riviera's) money during his tenure .. although Riviera, you're off to the Windies soon .. is the trip off if Giles gets the job ?
  • Options
    Losing by 84 runs in a one dayer would be pretty bad, in a T20 it's an absolute joke. Total sh*te.
  • Options
    And that's why I don't watch t20 cricket
  • Options
    Dernbach should never play for us again

Bowled 11 overs in the series, went for 141 runs and took one wicket and that was in the 20th over in hobart with Bailey going for a massive slog
  • Options
    Useless poser, and I am a Surrey fan. Spent too long caring about his image rather than playing cricket and believes in his own death bowler hype
  • Options
    Derncrap averages about 8.5 per over in all T20 cricket. Why does anyone persevere with him?
  • Options
    Patrick Collins.
  • Options
    Just on the train on the way back from the latest crap performance so glad it is now over. This one was quite embarrassing but the worst part is the Aussies are now feeling sorry for us! Not even getting any stick now not worth it I suppose
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Dernbach why? Discuss.

he's Andy Flower's nephew .. that can be the ONLY reason .. the only non-libellous one anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Derncrap averages about 8.5 per over in all T20 cricket. Why does anyone persevere with him?

Even better on this tour - 11-0-141-1
  • Options
    Yes Chris from Sidcup told us that 5 hours ago.
  • Options
    Tom Moody has thrown his hat in the ring. That's a yes from me.
  • Options
    I hate to agree with you Riviera, but it's a big yes for Tom Moody.
  • Options
    Moody would be a better choice than Giles ...anyone else ?
  • Options
    Riviera and paulie
  • Options
    The trouble with Giles, apart from him being a very average cricketer who sounds like he is going to burst into tears at any moment, is that he has spent too much time working with Fletcher and Flower. Now of course those two brought tremendous success to England but also both were out of the same pod. Both relied on meticulous planning, everything researched in immense detail. They had a plan of how to bat against every bowler and how to bowl against every batsman in world cricket. They had a plan for every type of game, Test, ODI or T20; who would bat where, who would bowl when and where everyone would field. What neither of them had was a plan B, or C or D. Hence Dernbach being our death bowler. They were totally inflexible and this showed through, with Flower in particular, with the captains. Strauss and Cook are just like robots with their orders fed into them before play starts.
    The many vagaries of cricket mean you need to adapt to situations. Of course some knowledge of opponents is important but not to the nth degree.
  • Options
    ECB to make a statement in the next hour with regards to the future of KP.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Which seems to be that Giles Clarke and Paul Downton dislike him, and he's dropped.

Huge talent, appallingly managed, and now the easy out by the suits
  • Options
    Quite rightly too. He can do a TV show with John Terry now......