Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Options
    12/12.
  • Options
    Oh dear Ravi ! failed again !
  • Options
    Ridiculous
  • Options
    210-9
    8/6
    Tredwell 0* (1)
    Jordan 3* (5).
  • Options
    8 off 6... Watson to bowl it?
  • Options
    7 off 4
  • Options
    6 off 3
  • Options
    All out 212
  • Options
    A master class effort from England.
  • Options
    Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Piss poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Thats one of the differences between Cook and Clarke with having to 'find' an over - Cook would have saved his real bowler for 50th over whereas Clarke knew that he had to put pressure on and bowled his frontline bowler in 49th.
    Poor captain in my opinion.Seen it so often in past.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Piss poor.

It's deja vu all over again......again

• Options
    Aus win by 5 runs & win the series 4-1.
  • Options
    How did we lose that? Bopara took all the emphasis out of the innings, I just don't get what he brings to the one day team.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

A master class effort from England.

Experts at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • Options
    defeat clutched from the jaws of victory .. what a true cliché that is
  • Options
    Watched the Bopara "stumping" and still not 100% sure either way if he was out.
    Even though, we still should have won.
  • Options

Watched the Bopara "stumping" and still not 100% sure either way if he was out.
    Even though, we still should have won.

At the time of the first replay, i thought he was out, but the more you look at it the more doubt there is - and generally, if there is doubt, then the batsman gets the benefit.
  • Options
    Thought Bopara should've got the benefit of the doubt on that one. Hugely surprised if the 3rd umpire can confidently say they knew that was 100% out.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thought Bopara should've got the benefit of the doubt on that one. Hugely surprised if the 3rd umpire can confidently say they knew that was 100% out.

Still doesnt disguise the fact that i dont think he has ever 'done it' in a big innings, yeah, he can smack 100 off 70 balls against SL or NZ, but up against the big boys he has done 'eff all, all his career.Its a career that needs to be terminated now and give a chance to someone who has more character, as thats what it often takes in situations like this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

217-9 off their 50 overs. Two late wickets for Jordan.

We should make it 3-2 now but that score will flatter us.

dickplumb said:

Why would the score flatter us, we have played much better in the last three games. The New Zealander Stokes has done well all tour. I will let him off his failure with the bat today.

Well 3-2 would have flattered us after all and we clearly didn't play better in the last three games ;-)

• Options

Still doesnt disguise the fact that i dont think he has ever 'done it' in a big innings, yeah, he can smack 100 off 70 balls against SL or NZ, but up against the big boys he has done 'eff all, all his career.Its a career that needs to be terminated now and give a chance to someone who has more character, as thats what it often takes in situations like this.
    Be very careful what you say about him, as during the summer i dared to criticise him and got absolutely slated on here!

• Options
    Cook announces that he is not going to WIndies next month for the ODI series.

Phew, lets hope Bopara is 'rested' too - lets look towards youth and get some backbone into the side.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Latimer at the Adelaide Oval!

Cracking day out, fantastic day out and a really tense game. The Bhopara stumping was dubious to say the least.

Delighted CAFC are in the last 16 of the FA CUP.

Roll on 31st January and the 20/20 at the MCG, anybody else going?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

lolwray said:

well i am in the pro morgan camp of course other posters are entitled to a different view

he can field (unlike Cook),he s capable of thinking on his feet (unlike Cook) he had a really poor series in dubai against Pakistan but so did everybody else including Cook ...id back him to score more runs in tests than Bairstow (id even fancy my chances against him)...think hes been unfairly treated ...Tell me who else should skipper England other than Cook (he is everything that Shane Warne says he is)

perhaps Riviera you tell us what you would do or are you a bit tired after staying up all night ? lol

Morgan is defiantly an international class player, for Ireland.

If you could actually be bothered you would see that I said many days ago that Cook should be nowhere near the one day team.
    forgive me i didnt realise this was the "bothered to see what Riviera posts thread"...thanks for the views on Cook i happen to disagree with you On Morgan ...

You may have posted on the thread earlier but you made no mention ..what would you do ? keep Cook then ? i cant realistically see him staying as skipper ...its a major selection issue that we havent, or dont seem to be grooming anyone else ...
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Riviera said:

lolwray said:

well i am in the pro morgan camp of course other posters are entitled to a different view

he can field (unlike Cook),he s capable of thinking on his feet (unlike Cook) he had a really poor series in dubai against Pakistan but so did everybody else including Cook ...id back him to score more runs in tests than Bairstow (id even fancy my chances against him)...think hes been unfairly treated ...Tell me who else should skipper England other than Cook (he is everything that Shane Warne says he is)

perhaps Riviera you tell us what you would do or are you a bit tired after staying up all night ? lol

Morgan is defiantly an international class player, for Ireland.

If you could actually be bothered you would see that I said many days ago that Cook should be nowhere near the one day team.
    forgive me i didnt realise this was the "bothered to see what Riviera posts thread"...thanks for the views on Cook i happen to disagree with you On Morgan ...

You may have posted on the thread earlier but you made no mention ..what would you do ? keep Cook then ? i cant realistically see him staying as skipper ...its a major selection issue that we havent, or dont seem to be grooming anyone else ...
    I think that the selectors had visions on one Joe Root on 'grooming' - however, he is still a couple of years away from being able to do the role in my opinion. However, that didnt stop South Africa calling on Graeme Smith even though he was only 21 at the time.
    I would expect that Morgs will be given the job for the impending Windies tour - especially in view of Cooks 'rest' from that tour - then what do the selectors do if Morgs is successful on that tour ? Lets hope that he is very successful, and they find it hard to bring Cook back into the fold.
  • Options
    Broad will captain in the West Indies.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

But who would YOU choose ?

I do like Broad ,he has character and the ability and its obvious to me that hes a thinker and a decent communicator However,the last bowling skipper that we had (for any length of time) was Bob Willis and that didnt work ...i know from personal experience that its very difficult to skipper a side when you bowl ,both things (skippering and bowling) would detract from eachother

• Options
    lolwray said:

Riviera said:

But who would YOU choose ?

Who me?

• Options
    yes