Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• 151-7.

Bailey caught behind off Anderson for a duck at 122 followed by Johnson pulling Bresnan straight to Anderson for 2.

Haddin still there but has successfully turned round an LBW decision off Monty.
  • Harris caught at short leg for 6 off Broad.

162-8.
  • Siddle out for 0. Caught by Bresnan off Broad.

164-9 and 91 behind at Close.
  • Our bowlers make Haddin look like Sir Don
  • Oakster said:

ozaddick said:

Piers Morgan just faced Brett lee in the nets at the MCG. As you probably know he's been a gob shite and so was challenged to face an over. Long and short of it was he didn't back his words up with actions. Run away from every ball.

was great fun to watch - fair play to him in a way - Lee peppered him, few choice words from Morgan picked up on his mic as well

I shouldn't think Morgan has played much above 5th XI level based on that! I like the way Lee follows him when he's backing away. He's definitely trying to hit him.
  • As an side, did anyone see the stupid celebration of the Aussies yesterday after Johnson bowled Bairstow? They all ran over at the Barmy Army, pointed to them and put their fingers to their lips. Charming.

Got to take it if we dish it out. And we have dished it out to him for a few years now! Glad to see us get stuck into the Aussie batsmen for a change.

• Delighted with that. First innings lead for the first time in the series?
  • Massive day for England today, got to be disciplined this morning against Haddin and very hostile against Lyon.

With the bat we need to grind it out again, this is not a fast scoring pitch and if Oz have to chase 270 plus then we should win.

Sydney will suit us more than the Aussies too, might even play Borthwick or Tredwell there.
  • Big if... But if the series ended 3-2 it would still be pretty gutting. And I doubt it would signal a momentum shift... But would people take it as a positive or merely the Aussies taking their foot off the gas/what we should have done to begin with?
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Big if... But if the series ended 3-2 it would still be pretty gutting. And I doubt it would signal a momentum shift... But would people take it as a positive or merely the Aussies taking their foot off the gas/what we should have done to begin with?

If it finished 3-2 there's only 1 logical conclusion........it was all Swann's fault ;o)
  • looking forward to watching a few hours of cricket tonight with us batting and actually being ahead in the match for a change. Don't let me down England!
  • come on england for feck sake
  • They are going to blow this big lead, and end up being 15 behind at the end
  • This is becoming rather embarrassing. Whatever happened to line and length?
  • Normal service resumed. Just bowl at the stumps to the last man for gawd's sake.
  • finallyyy!!! Nice one Jimmy
  • Thank God for that.
  • What the feck was all that about?

We bowled beautiful line and length yesterday and then we resort to that shite because its a number 11?

Shocking bowling and WTF was Cook doing with the field?

Sorry, but there are times when Cook looks truly out of his depth out there as skipper - especially when the opposition are counter-attacking.
  • Carberry not looking convincing in the slightest
  • Sponsored links:

• Mike said:

Carberry not looking convincing in the slightest

But he is still there, so doing well at the moment.

• yep with Cook playing well and scoring at a good rate it's fine.
  • Laughably poor. Embarrassing to watch. Carberry done all ends up round the wicket again, Root with an idiotic call for a single that was never on and Bell just played one of the worst shots I've ever seen an international cricketer play. All in the space of about three overs. Sums up the tour really.
  • Root and Bell should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, who the feck takes risky singles in a game like this? Stokes nearly ran out KP too!

As for Bell, what was he thinking with that shot, totally unnecessary.

All our hopes lie with KP, this has been the worst England batting I have seen for many, many years we are now in the 8th Innings of the series and we have one ton - that's diabolical and 99% of the reason we are getting stuffed.
  • 65/0 to 87/4 .......now 135/5 and KP's just been dropped
  • More brainless batting from the England tail & 3 more wickets go down for just 1 run. 174-8 now & England lead by 225.
  • So frustrating to just watch them make the same fundamental makes over and over again. Is no one telling them to bloody stop it, and if they are why aren't the players listening?
  • So frustrating to just watch them make the same fundamental makes over and over again. Is no one telling them to bloody stop it, and if they are why aren't the players listening?

are you watching it on WillowTV up there in Oiler land?
  • edited December 2013
    179 all out after another shocking batting collapse: the final 5 wickets go for just 6 runs. Australia need 231 to win.
  • Australia put on 40 runs for the last wicket. England manage 6 runs for the last five wickets.

This is reminiscent of the bad old days of 10 to 15 years ago where batting collapses were expected.

Dreadful, can't bring myself to watch.

Something badly wrong with this team. Too familiar with each other? Bad coaching (despite Gooch being an excellent batsmen if you needed someone to stay at the crease), or just poor mentality. This Aussie team is not that good.