Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• England 255 & 179
    Australia 204 & 233-2

Aus win by 8 wickets.
  • edited December 2013
    England didn't win a test match in which they lost the toss during the whole of 2013.
  • England didn't win a test match in which they lost the toss during the whole of 2013.

But I bet they would have batted had they won the toss, which is what happened anyway.

Not been impressed with Cook's captaincy in this series. Clarke, meantime, has been inspired and I think Darren Lehmann has had a lot to do with this team's massive improvement.

Who would be the candidates to replace Flower?

• edited December 2013
    Shocking. Can we throw in the towel now to save the embarrassment in Sydney.

I feared after the first test that the team was traumatised and so it has proved. I would say retire a number of them but don't know enough about the County circuit.

After this Cooke needs time to recuperate, Pieterson do you keep him for his occasional brilliance but regular irresponsibility, do you keep monty - does his bowling make up for his batting and fielding liability . I could go on! !!
  • So who is the batting coach no score over 400 for a long time time to change a lot of things
  • So who is the batting coach no score over 400 for a long time time to change a lot of things

Boycott .... short term contract and tell them if they don't improve his contract will be extended and he will be made tesm manager. Now that will incentivise improvement
  • That was rather painful.

The dropped catch from Cook really ended any chances we had.
  • I've been too p*ssed off to post. Totally pathetic. Bottlers, defensive, scared !
  • I really think that Cook should stand down as captain. His captaincy has been nothing short of pathetic.
  • MrOneLung said:

Aussies 2-1 or 2-2 draw. Have a feeling we'll get mullered in this test and be playing catch-up the rest of the series.

Pretty much my view too, although maybe not quite as bad as a mullering.
    Well it was as bad as a mullering and lasted the whole series.
  • Sponsored links:

• 5th test starts tonight:

Potentially 3 debutants - they cannot do any worse if given a chance I guess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25572213
  • Is piers not in the team?
  • Rankin, Balance and Borthwick are in for Bresnan, Root and Panaser.
  • what time is the first ball ?
  • edited January 2014
    Got to give Ballance especially time - to lose his Zimbawian accent at least.
  • now that we're a bit crap again it would be nice to have an england team full of englishmen
  • Not sure if it's Carberry or Root making way for Ballance yet.
  • edited January 2014
    Its Root according to the mail website.
  • Sponsored links:

• what a joke if true
  • A team with XI actual English & Welsh people in it... Unbelievable
  • WE WON THE TOSS!!!!!!!

TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY!
  • Ballance/Stokes/Bairstow and Borthwick in the middle order - wow, what a diference from 4 months ago - such a inexperienced order - cant believe how far we have fallen.
  • bitch can't sing
  • would have preferred Root opening with Cook instead of Carberry.
  • Last chance saloon for Carberry, glad to see him keep his place at least he values his wicket which is more than Root did in Melbourne.

Good luck to the debutants, they can hardly do worse than their pre-deccesors.
  • Ignoring form/injuries, what would be your best England X1 for the summer....

For me...
    Cook
    Root
    Trott (assuming he recovers)
    KP
    Bell
    Stokes (if i'm correct, the only England Centurion this series)
    Prior
    Broad
    Jimmy
    Overton
    One-ball Monte
  • No one out yet?
  • Sorry we are bowling??