Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• The Aussies make us work for every run, the field placings are spot on - we seem to chase the ball around plugging gaps after the fact - they just seem to want it more as evidenced by that midget scrote Warner who is in our faces all the time.
  • This Aussie team is not that good.

Rubbish.
  • Woke up expecting a decent lead and this happens. Normal service resumed with England looking shell shocked and I'll be amazed if the Aussies don't wrap this up quickly tomorrow. Cook and KP only ones coming out with any respectability in this match and Lyon getting 5? Some of the weakest batting I have seen for a long time from this lot. Game over.
  • Piers Morgan put up more of a batting performance.
  • In a series brim full of embarrassingly poor displays this has got to be just about the worst.

If we'd shown any sort of arsehole this game could've effectively been won yesterday. Shocking stuff.
  • Riviera said:

This Aussie team is not that good.

Rubbish.
    The Aussies have excelled themselves in this series whereas England have been, to use your term, rubbish.

Maybe I am wrong in my terminology. As a team they have been excellent but don't have the outstanding individual players that have made up some of the best Australian teams I have seen.
  • I keep thinking it can't get any worse and then we get this nonsense. Fully expecting now that the tour will get worse and a further collapse at Sydney in final test followed by a one day series thumping.

Heads must roll, including Cook as a skipper. This tour has been an utter disgrace.
  • Ian Bell trying that shot first ball summed up the batting generally.

If somebody like him is throwing his wicket away so easily is there much hope?

• Total and utter shit again. As far as I'm concerned the English team can do one. The support they've had from us over here has been exceptional and they repay us with nothing. KP, in my eyes just threw his wicket away once stokes was out.
    It's like they can't be bothered.
  • The only bright note is that I've seen so many charlton shirts. Said hello to most of them, others I just saw from afar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ian Bell trying that shot first ball summed up the batting generally.

If somebody like him is throwing his wicket away so easily is there much hope?

And I seem to remember him saying in an interview on the second day that he was doing well with the bat.......erm, yeah up until this series pal! We don't deserve anything out this series so far and you would not bet against a 5-0 now.

• Two dropped catches already. We really don't do ourselves any favours.
  • Alistair Cook has lost the plot completely, drops a dolly and then brings Root on in front of Panesar.....
  • At last. Warner caught by Bairstow off Stokes.

64-1.
  • edited December 2013
    Stokes looks a real player with both bat and ball. Got to find the positives from this series.
  • Alistair Cook has lost the plot completely, drops a dolly and then brings Root on in front of Panesar.....

There were two left-handers at the crease, that's why. Warner out and so he's off now.
  • Riviera said:

Alistair Cook has lost the plot completely, drops a dolly and then brings Root on in front of Panesar.....

There were two left-handers at the crease, that's why. Warner out and so he's off now.
    I concur, sensible decision

For what my two cents is worth ive been upset with how appalling we have been this series but not totally shocked especially after how poor we were with the bat last summer. Isn't stokes a kiwi though? Apart from him I see no bright light in this dingy tunnel at the moment.
  • Yeah Stokes was born in NZ and the next cab on the rank, Garry Ballance was born in Zimbabwe but that's the way it's been for a long time. I don't like it either.
  • Riviera said:

Alistair Cook has lost the plot completely, drops a dolly and then brings Root on in front of Panesar.....

I appreciate that but Root is not exactly a prolific wicket taker, he is only a part timer.

Regardless, his drop of Rogers was awful and has cost us dearly.
  • I wish bumble did football commentary too
  • Sponsored links:

• mrbligh said:

I wish bumble did football commentary too

I wish he was bloody Prime Minister!
  • Now Cook brings Root back on, still hasn't bowled Panesar.

What on earth is he playing at?
  • Monty on now. Root obviously on just to change ends.
  • Riviera said:

Monty on now. Root obviously on just to change ends.

It doesn't really matter anyway, we are going to get battered regardless.

When we lose 5-0 I just can't see that Cook's position as captain is tenable, the whole thing has been a complete shambles and someone will have to pay the price.

Quite clearly a new broom is needed to replace Flower - he was leaving anyway - and the whole team needs a change of direction.
  • Monty is bowling shite.
  • Riviera said:

Monty is bowling shite.

Yes, should have kept Root on, tidy little bowler.....:)
  • 100 for Rogers. He's the equivalent of our Nick Compton. Can someone tell me why we have not seen Compton playing for England for so long?
    Don't worry, I'll tell you, the Team England's obsession with
    Joe Root.
  • 200-2. Rogers gone for 116. c Bairstow b Panesar

THE COMEBACK IS ON!!!

...Australia need 31 to win.
  • Rogers out. This could be our chance now....