Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Don't worry. Will hit a couple of fours in a minute as get frustrated then slap one straight to mid off.
  • Oh dear Cook.
  • So soft from Cook when he was beginning to look comfortable.

Need Bell here.
  • One batsman needs to get a hundred or we are in the deep stuff
  • Good bowling is strangling our batsmen. I fear a shot played through frustration will cost us wickets. Terrible decision for root. No way that was out.
  • shit KP
  • MrOneLung said:

Don't worry. Will hit a couple of fours in a minute as get frustrated then slap one straight to mid off.

Great call. Mid on though ;-)

• KP you prick
  • All out for 220 I reckon
  • Time to say goodbye to KP
  • Sponsored links:

• Bollocks. Gonna get spanked again.
  • KP's England career is rapidly coming to a conclusion. He is SO out of form.
  • Just such poor shot selection and decision making throughout the series
  • Another collapse looming?

• Why couldn`t they just bat and see the rest of the day out without taking silly risks? Pathetic!
  • I just hope (foolishly) we can get to three hundred
  • I like Stokes. Gets right behind the ball and shows intent with his decision making.
  • edited December 2013
    Shane Warne was calling it right for me saying that England just completely lost their intent. When the scoreboard doesn't really move on the bowlers play with freedom and the pressure in the batsman just builds. Make a mistake and the score hasn't moved on.

If we were 230-4 at close it would not have seemed so bad. Now we've got to bat another 20-odd overs in the morning just to get to that mark
  • well that was disappointing.
    two wickets go and cook just stops playing cricket.
    cook as captain obviously told KP to play defensively. cook then goes out cheaply. KP thinks right now I'm going to do it my way. 10 minutes later he's out cheaply.

both tactics are wrong. these senior players have been acting like novices.

apart from a few shots from stokes most of the balls were left. all very well but as AFKA says above you make one mistake and the scoreboard hasn't moved on cos of you cautious play.

choose shots carefully. look for singles. scoreboard ticking over. indian batsman are great at this, once they are in after several singles they then start playing with more attack. going for boundaries.

• To be only on 180 after 68 overs is terrible. You could understand being cautious to some extent but by comparison, Australia were 267-5 in the 71st over (before lossing the wicket of Haddin). It's just poor play all around.

Saying that, I have good feelings about Bell and Prior. Hopefully they'll both get 50s and the others can muster another 100 runs between them and we'll get to 400 somehow...
  • Sponsored links:

• You underestimate the influence of bowling on the scores, we bowled back of a length and gifted them runs whereas they squeezed us and left us with few scoring opportunities.

I'm not excusing the batting display but it is one of the contributing factors towards it.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if KP calls It a day after this series. He looks like getting out every time he comes to the crease.
    It's not all bad though , I have a feeling we will make 400

• I wouldn't be surprised if KP calls It a day after this series. He looks like getting out every time he comes to the crease.
    It's not all bad though , I have a feeling we will make 400

Can you, I can't. I think we will be bowled out for less than 300.

• Well, that was worth staying up for. 245 all out I reckon.
  • Bell out LBW Harris. It went to DRS after on-field umpire said not out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now. Hawkeye or whatever this system is called is crap. That ball would have gone over the stumps. This pitch has bounce, it hit Bell above the knee roll. We've seen similar balls at Brisbane and Adelaide being shown to go over but not at Perth??? Ridiculous.
  • edited December 2013
    All out 251. 71-6 in the session.
  • painful watching as Warner takes apart our one paced attack - Prior should have stumped the little turd
  • edited December 2013
    Oakster said:

painful watching as Warner takes apart our one paced attack - Prior should have stumped the little turd

And Prior/Cook should have pouched Rogers.

We're also not helped by the fact that Broad can't bowl as a result of being hit on the foot by Johnson's LBW yorker. There is a possibility that he has broken his foot!

• Australia 123-0 at tea for a lead of 257. Glad I got up :-(
  • Prior is having an absolute mare. Two missed stumpings now and put Cook off for the dropped catch.