Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• They should drop KP as he has lost it someone with his talent should score a lot more
  • Every drs goes for the Aussies we should do as the Indians and not have it

We had loads go our way in the summer, swings and roundabouts.

Bell missed a straight one in the first innings and second innings played a stupid shot, he can't really complain.
  • edited December 2013
    Stumps day four.
    251-5. 253 to win (lol)
    Stokes 72* Prior 7*
  • Will Broad be able to bat?

Or are we effectively 251-6 (or even 7 if you count Anderson).
  • Broad can barely walk so I doubt it.
  • edited December 2013
    boycott digging right into pieterson. calling him selfish and he thinks sod all about the England team. won't concentrate, no discipline to save England. only any good when England are playing well.

he says to take KP out of the team. I wouldn't. I would not give him the easy option. I would make him play on now that we have lost.
  • Painful...
    I've never been convinced that Cook was captain material, and with the trouncing England has got in this series, he badly needs to be able to concentrate on his batting. But there are no other candidates, as the other senior players are also out of form (KP, Prior, Swann Anderson) or possibly crocked (Broad) or just not captain types (Bell).

England weren't that good in the summer, the Aussies got it together by the end of the series, and in retrospect the 3-0 scoreline did us no favours, as it made us seem better than we really are.
  • Abysmal performance.lucky it's only the 1st test andthere 've got 4 more to bI've said our ideas uprel="greenwichred68">Typical England.had the oppositI on by the bollocks and yet again we let them back in the game.we come to bat started well and collapsed.how the hell did they survive there collapse and go onto make a reasonable score.no balls England.What's happened to cook and trott? Also Anderson.am I the only person who thinks he an average bowler when the ball doesn't swing.as for swann is he past it? Wheres minty ha ga.overall a shit day so need to back our ideas up next 3 days.

Have a word with yourself about Anderson.

The bloke has just bowled his balls off on an absolute road in sweltering conditions and helped knock over the Aussies for 295, got two wickets and bowled tight.

His batsmen then capitulate in 30 overs - including losing 6-9 at one stage - meaning Anderson gets a break from bowling of about three fucking hours and is back out there in 30 degree + heat and nasty humidity to bowl in their second innings.

Not surprising he looked a bit average really is it?

Typical England.had the opposition by the bollocks and yet again we let them back in the game.we come to bat started well and collapsed.how the hell did they survive there collapse and go onto make a reasonable score.no balls England.What's happened to cook and trott? Also Anderson.am I the only person who thinks he an average bowler when the ball doesn't swing.as for swann is he past it? Wheres minty ha ga.overall a shit day so need to back our ideas up next 3 days.

Have a word with yourself about Anderson.

The bloke has just bowled his balls off on an absolute road in sweltering conditions and helped knock over the Aussies for 295, got two wickets and bowled tight.

His batsmen then capitulate in 30 overs - including losing 6-9 at one stage - meaning Anderson gets a break from bowling of about three fucking hours and is back out there in 30 degree + heat and nasty humidity to bowl in their second innings.

Not surprising he looked a bit average really is it?
    Have a word with myself about Anderson.....don't need too.the figures say it all.

Yes, being a bowler when you are facing a second innings deficit of 200 in every Test match would be a real piece of cake.

Anyone who thinks that getting tonked by a slogger when your team is already 470 runs behind doesn't know much about Test cricket.

Anderson has not bowled that badly really, the main problem has been the batting which has been abysmal.

This Aussie side are not that good, you will see just how good they are when they go to SA in February and get pounded by a really strong SA side.

Bottom line is that our batting has been flaky for 18 months or more against good quality quick bowling - the SA attack will make mincemeat of the likes of Rogers, Watson, Smith and Bailey.

There is a serious problem with the batting yes but if we don't take 20 wickets then that is also a problem.the batsmen have let us down but is it there fault we can't take 20 wickets? I think not.it's the bowlers and Anderson is one of them and i absolutely know fuck all about test cricket but surely a bowlers job is to take wickets?

• Slightly off topic I see that Shane Shllingford has been banned from bowling because his action exceeds the permissable 15 degrees. And Marlon Samuels isn't allowed to bowl his quicker ball.

Funny how this has happened now that Murali has now retired.
  • boycott digging right into pieterson. calling him selfish and he thinks sod all about the England team. won't concentrate, no discipline to save England. only any good when England are playing well.

he says to take KP out of the team. I wouldn't. I would not give him the easy option. I would make him play on now that we have lost.

Now there's a prime example of pot, kettle, black. Boycott is the last person with the right to say someone's not a team player and is selfish. Blokes a twat.
  • Sponsored links:

• They should drop KP as he has lost it someone with his talent should score a lot more

And who do you think we have on tour that you think would be an improvement on Pieterson ?

And who do you think we have on tour that you think would be an improvement on Pieterson ?
    Bradley Pritchard. In the hole, no 3 batsman, he's got it all!
  • Anyone else think that in poor light Pietersen looks like Hamer?

Got to get our favourite scapegoat in somehow!
  • edited December 2013

boycott digging right into pieterson. calling him selfish and he thinks sod all about the England team. won't concentrate, no discipline to save England. only any good when England are playing well.

Boycott is a two faced turncoat horrible bastard person .. during his career he was the most selfish player around, thinking only of his own average and performance, never the team .. he was once dropped from the test team for scoring slowly against the orders of his captain, he was also accused of ducking out of tests where he would have been facing the fastest bowlers .. when he was a player you could not get a word out of him, as a so called pundit, he will not shut the fuck up .. he is a loud mouthed woman beater .. Why the BBC and the newspapers re-employed him God only knows .. He has got the current cricket fans in thrall to his 'wisdom' because most are too young to recall him as a horrible young man .. Boycott is a plagiarising creep, a dreadful excuse for a human being .. f**k him .. he and Pietersen are two of a kind perhaps, though I doubt that Pietersen has ever beaten up a woman nor ducked a confrontation on the cricket field
  • not a friend of your then, lincs.......
  • ^^^^ grrrrrrrr
  • edited December 2013
    Boycott is an absolute hypocrite but he is interesting to listen to. Toff , Jonathon Agnew , is so far up his backside he seems to get away with being challenged when he does talk tosh .
  • Talk of replacing Cook is bonkers. Joe Root is the next England captain five years from now when Cook retires.

Not suggesting we replace Cook, but i wonder if this series has smashed him permanently, he looks totally devastated and will need some real building back up.

• boycott digging right into pieterson. calling him selfish and he thinks sod all about the England team. won't concentrate, no discipline to save England. only any good when England are playing well.

Boycott is a two faced turncoat horrible bastard person .. during his career he was the most selfish player around, thinking only of his own average and performance, never the team .. he was once dropped from the test team for scoring slowly against the orders of his captain, he was also accused of ducking out of tests where he would have been facing the fastest bowlers .. when he was a player you could not get a word out of him, as a so called pundit, he will not shut the fuck up .. he is a loud mouthed woman beater .. Why the BBC and the newspapers re-employed him God only knows .. He has got the current cricket fans in thrall to his 'wisdom' because most are too young to recall him as a horrible young man .. Boycott is a plagiarising creep, a dreadful excuse for a human being .. f**k him .. he and Pietersen are two of a kind perhaps, though I doubt that Pietersen has ever beaten up a woman nor ducked a confrontation on the cricket field

I'm one of those to young to know what he was like as a young man.
    I take most of what he says with a pinch of salt.
    I agree on certain issues but obviously for you and others who remember him in the past it's hard to hear any observations from him without hearing it as hypocritical.

• Harris just bowled one at the top of off stump but it hit the huge crack on the middle of the pitch and flew off towards first slip. Like a 90mph off break, crazy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stokes moves onto 90*
  • edited December 2013
    First hour done. No wickets have fallen.

I'm staying up until we've lost this.
  • Ugh. Prior plays at a wide one and edges behind. 296-6
  • Stokes gets a hundred! Brilliant. Best I've felt all series I reckon. :-)

Stokes 102* & 305-6. 198 behind.
  • Top effort by Stokes, that seals his place for the foreseeable future.

Disgraceful shot from Prior, totally irresponsible yet again from a senior player - you have to make the bowler earn your wicket.
  • edited December 2013
    Lunch. 332-6. Stokes 117* Bresnan 7*

81-1 from the morning session with 172 to win in two remaining sessions............................ it's the hope that kills you.

Sky also saying Broad will bat.
  • There is no way we can save/win this.....but I just cannot go to bed. Daring to dream!

Shocking shot from Prior. Sums up our series really....KP, Pieterson, Cook all consistently getting out to ridiculous shots.
  • Stokes out for 120. Caught behind off Lyon. :-(

336-7
  • Oh dear. Bottom edge from slog sweep by Stokes and he's gone. Great innings nevertheless.

That's it folks ;-(
  • 168 to win........... #believe