Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Wings 1-2 up
  • stonemuse said:
    Wings 1-2 up
    And finishes 2 1
  • Three in a row for Welling?
  • So after signing god knows how many players over the last month he has now decided those players are not good enough and is holding trials

After watching the last few performances with the coaches, we will be losing some of our squad and looking to add some players that want to show us some desire and fight to help us start getting results. we will be holding trials this Saturday..time and place TBA
  • If ever there was an event crying out for a flash mob, this is it. 
  • He succeeded at Billericay? Hows he work that one out

I have one simple quote that says it all and remember I succeeded before at Billericay and left them a sustainable club with a new stadium  and I will succeed again at Romford 
    I DONT FAIL long term https://t.co/dnW7FCiB6O
  • Went to Dorchester 0 Hendon 3 yesterday.

Dorchester have the best ground in the Southern League Premier but they are struggling badly and look certs for relegation. They should have been in the lead early on, when they missed 4 chances from about 6 yards in one action (Hendon goalie saved at least 3 of them). Hendon are in good form under their new regime and took control 2nd half. New signing, Joe White has now scored 7 in 5 games. 

Joe White will be well known because he was at Stevenage and the goalkeeper, who is developing really well is Rihards Matrevics, on loan from Barnet. He's 6ft 5" Latvian U21 and looks good. 

But my one to watch is; Simeon Olarerin - 18yr old right back, who is equally eye-catching at right wing. He's only played 6 games since coming in from Staines but we saw one game and put him on contract until the end of next season. Message to Charlton scouts - go and take a look. 

• He succeeded at Billericay? Hows he work that one out

I have one simple quote that says it all and remember I succeeded before at Billericay and left them a sustainable club with a new stadium  and I will succeed again at Romford 
    I DONT FAIL long term https://t.co/dnW7FCiB6O
    Improved the ground considerably, got them promotion, left them in the play off spots in the National league south. A world away from when he took them over. So i guess you could class that as a success.
  • That said the first thing he needs to look at if they're going to improve, is replacing himself as manager. It's all very well just recruiting a ton of players from higher leagues on silly money but if they're not playing as a team and they're poorly coached, the team isn't going to fare that well in the long run.

If a manager had done as poorly as he has there, Tamplin would have sacked him.
  • Welling one up
  • Sponsored links:

• Big win for the Wings, slowly pulling away from trouble. Still very tight down there though, 5 points separating 8 clubs.
  • Dulwich getting nearer the trap door.  Well done Welling,  massive win today. 
  • edited February 2020
    Billericay right down there as well.  They have dropped like a stone. 

Just noticed that they and Tonbridge have quite a few games in hand. 
  • edited March 2020
    Dartford 0-0 Wealdstone was a fair result, although Wealdstone missed a penalty so you'd have to say they edged it. 1400 there with maybe 180 away fans. 
  • If anyone is around Bromley way this afternoon, you  might want to pop along to see Cray Wanderers oldest ever player: https://www.cray-wanderers.com/george-taylor-100-years-young/
  • Stig said:
    If anyone is around Bromley way this afternoon, you  might want to pop along to see Cray Wanderers oldest ever player: https://www.cray-wanderers.com/george-taylor-100-years-young/
    If its anything like yesterday i would avoid Bromley- traffic was a nightmare due to a sinkhole. Took me over 2hrs to get out of Bromley South.

Never realised the Allied Bakeries used to be a ground.
  • E_cafc said:

I've heard that Tonbridge are skint and have written to all of their "Angels" asking for donations. 

The move to Conference South from Isthmian is as dangerous as the move from League One to Championship. 
  • Simonsen said:
    E_cafc said:

I've heard that Tonbridge are skint and have written to all of their "Angels" asking for donations. 

The move to Conference South from Isthmian is as dangerous as the move from League One to Championship. 
    The issue for Tonbridge is an unplayable pitch due to waterlogging. The flood plain around Tonbridge is looking pretty bad at the moment, but not on the same scale as the west country. They say they can rent a pitch/stadium but it will cost and whilst they keep  the gate money, they don't get other match day revenue. I think they said weekly costs to run the club are c£7k and without match day income its becoming unsustainable, so they are cutting playing staff. Shame as they are having a good season
  • RedPanda said:
    Dartford 0-0 Wealdstone was a fair result, although Wealdstone missed a penalty so you'd have to say they edged it. 1400 there with maybe 180 away fans. 
    Did you see the Wealdstone raider... 
  • RedPanda said:

No, saw him over there a couple of years ago though. He was in the bar quietly minding his own business so we left him alone.

I'm not sure how Wealdstone have become such a force in that division but he'll be able to go on a national tour next season.

• Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    If anyone is around Bromley way this afternoon, you  might want to pop along to see Cray Wanderers oldest ever player: https://www.cray-wanderers.com/george-taylor-100-years-young/
    In the report of Taylor's first game against Northfleet they mention Bill Nicholson and Ron Burgess playing as they were a feeder club for Spurs. Just noticed that Charlie Revell who signed for Charlton in 1946 was also in that side. 
  • edited March 2020
    Went Bromley v Sutton Saturday as the game I was going to was called off due to the weather. Plastic pitches clearly a bonus in the lower leagues for a multitude of reasons.
  • If anyone is about on the 18th March...The Dockers have beaten Glebe, Welling Utd and Tooting & Mitcham to get to the semi final.

• RedPanda said:
    RedPanda said:

No, saw him over there a couple of years ago though. He was in the bar quietly minding his own business so we left him alone.

I'm not sure how Wealdstone have become such a force in that division but he'll be able to go on a national tour next season.

Not sure if they have money behind them this year but i noticed earlier this season they seem to have 4-5 players who were on the Billericay money train, players like Lafayette, Sanchez Watt, Moses Emmanuel, Billy Clifford who was at Chelsea and their manager was in charge at Billericay for a short time too.
  • Wings one down
  • stonemuse said:
    Wings one down
    two nil
  • stonemuse said:
    Wings one down
    2-1 down
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Wings one down
    2-1 down
    3-1  :/
  • Simonsen said:
    E_cafc said:

Hi Mate...You going to Hartley tomorrow night...Sadly I cant go as I am on the late shift....
  • Anyone going to Welling, Dartford or Bromley tomorrow?