Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Getting married on Sunday... what's your one bit of advice for a happy marriage?

Comments

• A happy marriage needs only a woman who is blind and a man who is deaf..................alternatively, make sure that you always keep your wife as your best friend. Have a happy day and a happier life.
  • seth plum said:

I wish I had followed the advice I am about to give you. However trust me, what I am about to say will give your marriage a chance, but it ought to be an absolute priority.
    Every day, and an appropriate time, say about 5.20pm, both of you sit down together uninterrupted with a cup of tea. Then spend 20 minutes, each of you telling the other about their day. However boring your partners day sounds, or yours sounds to them, still listen, pay attention, take an interest.
    Never waver from this routine, ever.

Who the feck gets home from work that early?

• 1905 said:

seth plum said:

I wish I had followed the advice I am about to give you. However trust me, what I am about to say will give your marriage a chance, but it ought to be an absolute priority.
    Every day, and an appropriate time, say about 5.20pm, both of you sit down together uninterrupted with a cup of tea. Then spend 20 minutes, each of you telling the other about their day. However boring your partners day sounds, or yours sounds to them, still listen, pay attention, take an interest.

I just shuddered at the thought of having to undertake this 20 minutes of torture.
    She probably says the same thing when you fancy a bit Dave (apart from replacing 20 minutes with 3)
  • edited September 2013
    Don't do it,

She uses all your money to pay for the wedding

Every payday she uses all your money

Then you have to leave her the house and use more of your money to divorce the bitch

They can't all be as bad as my ex surely, good luck your gonna need it.
  • sam3110 said:

Have roleplay sex at least once a month

and even let her join in sometimes
  • edited September 2013
    Make sure your wife loves Charlton.
  • Davo55 said:

sam3110 said:

Have roleplay sex at least once a month

and even let her join in sometimes
    What! And spoil it?

• seth plum said:

Sounds as if both partners are already condemned to the nursing home.

• My dad married my mum in the morning and went off to watch Charlton at home in the afternoon 48 years ago and are still married. Charlton wife in that order and you cannot go wrong.
  • Spanish said:

Off_it said:

JWADDICK said:

Off_it said:

Why does a bride smile when she walks down the aisle .............. you know the rest.

Brides never walk down the aisle. The aisle in a Church runs along each side and in fact Brides are always taken down the central passage.
    Taken many brides up the central passage have you?
    Been to the boozer Cabron ?

On a Friday? Moi?
  • Sponsored links:

• No advice, you and she will will make mistakes, but, hopefully, you both will learn by them and will enjoy your lives together.
    Best wishes.
  • My dad married my mum in the morning and went off to watch Charlton at home in the afternoon 48 years ago and are still married. Charlton wife in that order and you cannot go wrong.

Good man. That's as it should be - you can change your wife but you cant change your team.
  • My best advice is not to marry my ex.
  • Make sure you have plenty of interests in common. All the very best to you both!

My nan & grandad were married in the morning at Greenwich. After the ceremony, all the men went straight to charlton whilst the women got the food ready for the evening. Whilst he wasn't a guest Sam Bartram was in the pub in the evening and came in and wished them well.
  • Off_it said:

Why does a bride smile when she walks down the aisle .............. you know the rest.

Thanks off it. I might include that in my best man speech
  • Enjoy your marriage whilst it lasts. Every second of it - you'll only regret it later when it inevitably goes tits up.

Not lol but like
  • Just do as you are told & you'll be fine
  • The only advice is make sure you behave slightly better than any brothers-in-law as you will then always be held up as a paragon on virtue on family occasions.
  • Be honest. Do things together, but also do things apart (not other women, obviously).
  • Sponsored links:

• Never give a Season Ticket as an anniversary present ...
  • Never give a Season Ticket as an anniversary present ...

5 year ?

• Choose your battles wisely. Don't stress the small stuff. Get a proper man shed.

Congratulations and enjoy the ride.
  • Set your stall out early and fake an interest in shoes
  • Set your stall out early and fake an interest in shoes

Well, that could work in a same-sex marriage... :-)
  • I'm tempted to just say one word - anal. But seriously, tell her you love her once a day, never go to bed without sorting out a row, if you have kids make time for the family, yourself and most importantly the two of you. Always think what the alternative to being with her is if you do have a row if (singledom, losing the family home and most
    importantly, missing her)

Oh, and in private browsing on the home PC
  • I'm tempted to just say one word - anal. But seriously, tell her you love her once a day, never go to bed without sorting out a row, if you have kids make time for the family, yourself and most importantly the two of you. Always think what the alternative to being with her is if you do have a row if (singledom, losing the family home and most

ADMIN aliens have Mehmet or he left his pc open and mrs Mehmet has it if so evening maam
  • 1. Talk
    2. Go to bed at the same time
  • NEVER underestimate the power of "yes dear"

And

Don't go to sleep on an argument

ADMIN aliens have Mehmet or he left his pc open and mrs Mehmet has it if so evening maam
    Lol, probably should have added - rip it up her sh*tter on a regular basis