Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth v Charlton post-match news & views 2013

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    This is going to be a long hard season - not the games: having to endure the miserabilist surrender-monkey dramatics every time we lose a game or draw a game or someone gets injured or CP pulls the wrong facial expression or mummy doesn't buy you a frigging ice-cream.
  • Options
    Match review up on the Trust site. Would be interested what you guys think, particularly around the goalkeeping situation;

http://www.castrust.org/2013/08/afc-bournemouth-2-charlton-1/
  • Options
    Watched game from their new stand unfortunately, but very close to our supporters who were magnificent all through the game. Never looked like getting anything from the game, despite Yann's equaliser! Poor team performance. Bournemouth more direct and much quicker! But as most have said, it is only the first game!
  • Options
    baker said:

Bournemouth more direct and much quicker!

That's what stood out for me.
    The thing is they were direct in a positive way - running at our defenders and getting men forward (as opposed to hoofing it).
    By contrast we looked laboured and pedestrian.
    But as you say, it's only one game
  • Options
    Good Grief ! We lost !!
  • Options
    it's not that we lost but the manner in which we lost
  • Options

it's not that we lost but the manner in which we lost

quite..........and expanding on this, unless we change the midfield we will continue losing. Hughes & Gower are too similar and we desperately need (as we have been saying for some time) a ball carrying midfielder.

I don't mind losing if I know we have given the other team a game and threatened their goalkeeper more than once.

• Options
    I said before the game that Hughes and Gower do the same thing, you need a quicker player next to them when they sit to push forward. Cousins or Stephens with Gower would be my choice Saturday if Jackson isn't back. If he's back I'd play him and Stephens.
  • Options
    Effort and desire was there. At the end of the day Bouremouth just had extra quality cutting edge to their play. We had the chance with Pritch to make it 2-1 to us which was header that went over. We know Pritch ain't the tallest player but if that ball had been an inch or two lower he might have just been able to get that downward force on it. If that chance goes in I think we would have got something from the game. But fairplay to Bouremouth they deserved their win.

I think both Sordell and Churchy will come good.
  • Options

This is going to be a long hard season - not the games: having to endure the miserabilist surrender-monkey dramatics every time we lose a game or draw a game or someone gets injured or CP pulls the wrong facial expression or mummy doesn't buy you a frigging ice-cream.

So true :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before as I haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone spot the police officers taking pictures of the fans? They did it to both sets of fans after their goals and also took a load at the start when the flare was thrown.
  • Options
    Did Pritch get sent off ? What did he do ?
  • Options

I think that many of us have had a bit of an off day sometimes on our first day back to work after a long holiday, haven't we?

Why can't some of you guys give the team the benefit of the doubt, and chill out a bit?

Ok to say that when you havnt had a first day back at work for a while and are sitting in France having not endured four hours in traffic on a hot day and shelled out £22 to watch that rubbish.

I wasn't sitting, I was working in the garden.
  • Options

Our lot from the home end. Wasn't quick enough to get one with the flare, sorry.image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzMtTWkkt6E

I'd like to have known who threw it, apparently he was arrested at half time?