Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth v Charlton Ath |Sat 3rd Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Hamer

Solly, Morrison, Dervite, Evina

Pritch, Gower, Jackson, Harriott

Kermorgant, Sordell
  • Options
    One from the past for you Six-a. King Arthur celebrates with the covered end whist Bournemouth winger Harry Redknap seems unimpressed.
  • Options
    A-R-T-H-U-R, Arthur Horsfield..........
  • Options
    Think I am in that pic, was it 75ish?
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    Is it on radio?
  • Options
    Hamer, Solly, Dervite, Morrison, Wiggins, Pritchard, Gower, Hughes, Harriot, Kermorgant, Sordell.
  • Options

I'm guessing 1973/74? Arthur switched to centre half for the 74/75 season & he is definitely wearing no. 10 in that picture.

• Options
    The context is interesting. newly promoted, positive vibes, new stand, energy and expectation from Bournemouth, prepared for the game by an excellent manager. The referee and assistants perhaps a little rusty after the break. Forcast a shower before kick off to make the pitch a bit zippy. Howe unprepared for our extra front men, one of which he fancied signing himself. Hmmmn.
    We should set out our stall as it were, cover everywhere and go at them when we can. if we put them on the back foot good, but they may be resilient and withstand our threat. In that case defend properly and try to smash and grab late on.
    Overall if you can't win, don't lose!
    I feel Pritchard will be significant today, don't know why, just been feeling it all week.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Is it on radio?

From the club's Twitter:
    "BBC London & talkSPORT are both doing their shows live from here today, while Sky Sports News are broadcasting live. #LureOfTheAddicks #cafc"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got back from Isle of Wight. Haven't read any threads or posts. If they play what squad numbers have Church and Sordell been given?
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I'm guessing 1973/74? Arthur switched to centre half for the 74/75 season & he is definitely wearing no. 10 in that picture.

• Options
    March51 said:

One from the past for you Six-a. King Arthur celebrates with the covered end whist Bournemouth winger Harry Redknap seems unimpressed.

Fantastic Marchy - and a very warm welcome back, by the way.
    King Arthur was such a fine header of the ball and only lack of pace stopped him from being a top, top player.
    He was like a breath of fresh air for us though, after about 3 years without a decent striker (exception being Ray Treacy, who seemed to be injured a lot circa 70-73).
    Got your DVD's btw way and will be in touch as soon as I have found a window of time to watch them

• Options
    Church 9, Sordell 10
  • Options

dizzee said:

Is it on radio?

From the club's Twitter:
    "BBC London & talkSPORT are both doing their shows live from here today, while Sky Sports News are broadcasting live. #LureOfTheAddicks #cafc"
    Cheers mate, so is it on TV?
  • Options
    1-2 Morrison and Yann the Man
  • Options
  • Options

March51 said:

Fantastic Marchy - and a very warm welcome back, by the way.
    King Arthur was such a fine header of the ball and only lack of pace stopped him from being a top, top player.
    He was like a breath of fresh air for us though, after about 3 years without a decent striker (exception being Ray Treacy, who seemed to be injured a lot circa 70-73).

Got your DVD's btw way and will be in touch as soon as I have found a window of time to watch. t

Good stuff, mate and thanks.
    Btw, that match was on 31/3/73 and was indeed a 1-1 draw.
  • Options

A-R-T-H-U-R, Arthur Horsfield..........

.....Super Star!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    WSS said:

Hamer, Solly, Dervite, Morrison, Wiggins, Pritchard, Gower, Hughes, Harriot, Kermorgant, Sordell.

Are you guessing - or is that the actual lineup?

• Options
    I'm guessing that's the actual line up...
  • Options
    TEAM NEWS - Charlton: Hamer; Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite; Pritchard, Hughes, Gower, Harriott; Kermorgant, Sordell
  • Options
    Charlton subs: Pope, Wilson, Evina, Wood, Stephens, Green, Church.
  • Options
    Less than an hour to kick-off: the excitement builds. I'm at my desk in south-east London; will be listening to the radio and reading your reports. Hope you are having good weather and enjoying the ale. Dying to know if Sordell is playing - on the bench, perhaps? COYR!
  • Options
    Jackson out with a calf niggle.
  • Options
    Our bench looks well balanced.
  • Options
    Cort instead of Wood in the teamsheet
  • Options
    Thanks for all your vivid reports, gentlemen. I'm disappointed for you - but we will learn from that performance. Get a few beers down your necks, and for those travelling tonight - safe journey home.